Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has MLP helped you in times of bad situations?

DivineMist1000

I think I can safely say it has for me! One time, a really good friend of mine from high school, i found out he was killed in a car wreck and it made me upset to hear that i'd never see him again! How do you deal with that? Something like that will never go away and all you can do is remember who they were and all the good they've done. It's been a couple years since it happened, but i know i'll never forget my friend ever. That's something MLP helped me understand: Just because someone is gone, doesn't mean you'll never forget them. They'll always be in your heart, no matter where they are.

And i will always remember my friend. "Don't be sad when its over, be glad that it happened"

Please remember those words. And to all those who have lost someone you know, don't worry! There always with you and you know you'll never forget them!

• Brohoof 6

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

Well... I don't want to go into too much detail, but If it wasn't for MLP, I wouldn't be here. 

And If it wasn't for Twi, I would have never experienced true love.

Right there with ya. It's not even a year yet since I got into this and I've been healed of everything from the end of a 10-year-marriage, to traumas going all the way back to my early childhood. Sometimes I feel like I've regenerated, Doctor Who style; that's how different everything is.

And yeah... that part too. I'd abandoned the idea of love completely, and had locked my heart away in a steel vault deep in the Earth. And then this cyan-colored Pegasus showed up. Strange... she's more real than anyone I ever dated.

• Brohoof 2

For me absolutely yes. After a harsh time in school and a long time without friends I found a gaming community with a very nice guy. He introduced me to mlp. At first it was weird but after the first season it gave this warm feeling of a nice tight hug. Aftererwards I can say mlp is a great pillar in my life and it helps me to hold things together. Specialy my emotions. 

• Brohoof 1

The majority of fans claim that Zephyr Breeze was a terrible pony and at worst wanted to see him harshly punished, as if potentially dying in a forest wasn't punishment enough. To that, I say "You don't see the relatable side of Zephyr like I do". Seriously, while trashing his parent's stuff was a dick move, one bad scene shouldn't blind more open-minded people from seeing Zephyr can be more than just a selfish, lazy, narcissistic jerk.

What the cynical Bronies don't know is that the very existence of this so-called "selfish lazy" character saved my life. At the time the episode came out in Last Spring 2016, I was at my lowest point in University and at worse, would have done something truly regrettable to myself.

But then, I saw myself in Zephyr starting from him needing a job and I was hoping to see how he would handle it. I was disappointed in him at first due to him trying to weasel out of it. In our real world, it's much harder to get a job compared to Zephyr being given a job on a silver platter. His fear of failure made much more sense in hindsight. 

Once it got to the 3rd act where he couldn't even start a simple fire in a forest, from then on to the end of the episode, Zephyr became me. The parallels between the two of us was and still is uncanny!

Plus, that song became my motivational song. Whenever I felt like giving up, I would hum this song. 

6 months later, after the Fall 2016 semester of classes ended in December, I received a letter. Not only did I passed my classes, but the letter (paraphrasing here) said 4 words that made it all worth it: "Congratulations, you have graduated!"

Sure enough, I had my graduation ceremony the next Summer. June 2017. And once again, the parallels were uncanny!

So you see, Zephyr Breeze may have his flaws, but it's his flaw that I can relate to and whose mistakes I've learned from that made me an University Graduate. You can say he's a bad pony. But I feel people are forgetting that everything is subjective when it comes to individual people. The beauty or ugliness of a character, song, episode, or even show is all in the eye of the beholder.  

I consider "Flutter Brutter" my 2nd most relatable episode after "Testing Testing 123", which had me relating to a struggling-to-learn" Rainbow Dash and a "unsure-how-to-teach" Twilight Sparkle throughout the ENTIRE  episode, so I'll spare you the details

In short, this show most certainly helped me in some pretty bad situations, no matter what anybody else says.

Edited by Happy Yoshi
  • Brohoof 5

I'll admit that part of the reason why I can't hate Season 3 like some do is because of it having nostalgia value for helping me in a dark time of my life in 2013, where the stress of my home life was getting so bad that I was contemplating suicide. Rewatching all of it without the anxiety from all the cynicism and drama that was going on in the fandom at the time helped me remember why I liked the show so much in the first place. Always boundlessly optimistic and pure-hearted. :kindness: I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who sees Zephyr Breeze from Flutter Brutter as an inspiration. I always like to look back at that episode and see an inspiration to be independent and make something out of myself. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't say it helps since MLP is just there for me to enjoy 25 mins of my life but sometime whenever i'd watch an episode their lesson comes at the right time when I needed to hear that. 

• Brohoof 1

yeah.. if it werent for mlp i wouldnt have gotten through high school, especially without the friends i made in the fandom. binge watching the show when i feel down cheers me up, and alot of the songs i can relate with.

• Brohoof 1

At times,  when I needed something bright and nice to watch it would get me out of a bad mood.  

Edited by Tao

Eh, not really. I mean, yes and no to be honest. MLP was the cause of my grief in my earlier years of the fandom for reasons I rather no disclose but it also have brought my happiness in those times too.

• Brohoof 2

Though I have only been watching the show mere months, I feel the show has helped me through some really difficult periods in my life. Though what I feel has benefitted me more than the show is the forums. This fandom is truly the best I've come across (certainly the friendliest!). Ive made tonnes of new friends that I think (hope) will outlast the show as and when it comes to an end 

So to everypony here: thank you! You helped me more than you realise 

• Brohoof 1

MLP was something familiar for me to cling to when I moved across the country to a place where I didn't know anyone for hundreds of miles. It was my first time being truly alone, so it was important for me to have something comforting and familiar. I explored the new city for ponies - I traveled to areas I wouldn't have gone to if it weren't for the hunt for toys. And near the end of my first semester, I got the news that my grandpa only had a few weeks left to live. I needed to stay and finish my semester, but was terrified I wouldn't make it home in time and get a chance to say goodbye. Around this time, the Smile song leaked, and I really leaned on it. It helped.

Well it's a mixed bag for me on one hand it gave me access to probably my most favourite fandom and kept my spirit high during a long 5 years of my life which troubled me tremendously however it also at some points made me somewhat sad that it will be no more then a show which made me feel sad although I've gotten out of that phase it still has me cringe whenever I remember it

How could MLP not help in bad times? The ponies and their world are a beautiful, peaceful escape from stress and reminder that there is love, light, art and beauty in the universe. I couldn't imagine living in a world without such special friends as the ponies. 

• Brohoof 3

I can't say that it has since I've only been a fan for over a year. MLP has brought me more joy when I come home from a stressful day at work or some other event. The show helps me unwind and laugh more. One more season and I can probably toss those blood pressure meds. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I had to stay at a hospital for 6 months. That's when I was able to completely watch all the seasons, 6 at the time. Helped keep me connected to my family since the hospital I was at was a 10 hour drive from home so my kids stayed at home. My kids love the ponies. 

• 1 year later...