Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies that you liked, but never want to see again.

TheAnimationFanatic

"When a Man Loves a Woman"

A DAMN good film, but I don't know if I'd want to see it again. It was quite heavy emotionally at times. Maybe if I had someone to watch with me so I could cry on their shoulder. *Shrug*

• Brohoof 1

I have some few that I don't feel like listing but I choose not to watch it again because I didn't like it that much. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

None really can I think of off the top of my head. Honestly, the trademark sign of any truly good piece of entertainment to me is wanting to go back to it multiple times. 

What about movies that are well made, but aren't exactly entertaining.  Or at least, not something you watch for fun.

3 hours ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

What about movies that are well made, but aren't exactly entertaining.  Or at least, not something you watch for fun.

I guess I can go with Robots and The Land Before Time movies. I kind of enjoyed them as a kid, but every time I saw them playing again on the TV as I got older, I was just like, "Eh...I'll pass.". 

• Brohoof 2

Most of the Adam Sandler movies I've ever seen. They're really funny at first but then you realize just how unfunny and downright terrible they are. There are exceptions, but aside from one, that's in a bad way.

Edited by ~Dusky~

I'm not sure if I wouldn't like to watch them ever again, but at least 10 or 20 years from now... 'The Master' and 'There Will Be Blood', I enjoyed so much watching them but I think most of my enjoyment comes from the sort of morbid curiosity to know what's going to happen.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Signs. I loved the movie as a kid, but I don't want to back to it since it might sully the memories I have with it.

Oh, and Jeepers Creepers 2. I first watched it when I couldn't sleep, flipping through the channels. Not knowing the context of the first film actually made it much scarier to me since I had no idea what was going on, but I was hooked. I don't want to watch it again because of some icky behind the scenes stuff that left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Brohoof 1

Toy Story 3 is ultimately the prime example for me. I genuinely admire what it attempts to tackle (considering that the cerebus syndrome route (albeit in a milder form) was debatably the most logical path for the series to adopt in its swan song to create a well-rounded depiction of a toy's lifespan), but I found the film's darker moments to exceed specific intangible boundaries, leading to the experience of viewing it to come off as unnecessarily uncomfortable and depressing (which may be a product of the film's heightened self-indulgence compared to the first two in the trilogy) - I comprehend their intentions, but they went overly excessive with the heavier moments to the extent of forgetting that this is still Toy Story they're making (I don't desire to see them weighed down by moral guardian expectations, but at least they could have lowered the uncomfortable tone of several of the later scenes). 

• Brohoof 1

Transformers The Movie (1986). This was my childhood. I saw it in the theater when it came out and remember kids crying. I tried watching it months ago and couldn’t sit through it. It’s goofy and just an excuse to sell new toys. It was always hold a special place in my heart though.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Logan

It was a great movie, but yeesh the feeling coming out of the theater after that movie was just so...melancholy...it was like people walking silently out of a funeral. Don't get me wrong the action was amazing in that movie but jeez...

I get what you're saying. At my screening, you could hear people sniffling and crying.

It was probably worse for me, since in the days leading up to Logan, I rewatched all of the X-Men films. By the time the ending came, I was an emotional wreck. :(

8 minutes ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

I get what you're saying. At my screening, you could hear people sniffling and crying.

It was probably worse for me, since in the days leading up to Logan, I rewatched all of the X-Men films. By the time the ending came, I was an emotional wreck. :(

Ugh...I almost cried myself...I work at my local theater...I didn't see or hear anyone crying. 

• Brohoof 1