Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies that you liked, but never want to see again.

TheAnimationFanatic

7 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

2001 A Space Odyssey.  Good experience the first time but it’s very long and cerebral. It also requires reading the book to have some parts make sense. 

I love that film, but yeah I do get what you mean. I watich it if I fancy getting totally immersed in the spectacular photography and wot-not. Bottle of plonk, bag of crisps, ensconsed in comfy armchair, ambient lighting and turn the brain down to idle speed.

:D

I heard somewhere it took a year to make the computer screen display animations. Don't know how true that is. But we are talking about 1968. CGI not invented yet, all had to be done with old-fashioned film techniques.

• Brohoof 2

A Walk To Remember. Watched so many touchy feely movies with Mom and none much bothered me, but this one holy nope. Never again.

Ironically I bought it from a bargain bin, having forgotten its name. Unwrapped and let Mom watch it to make sure it worked, it's sat on my shelf collecting dust ever since.

Life As A House comes in a close second, followed by The Notebook.

Yeah, I also bought those :maud:

• Brohoof 1

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. They are fantastic, but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Another one I can think of is Black Panther. I was expecting some awesome shit like MCU usually delivers, but it has been one of the most underwhelming films in the brand. The fact that it has one has to universally praise it or you are racist soured my views of the movie even further :dry:.... 

11 hours ago, Arkadios said:

The unabridged Lawrence of Arabia. An epic story, but, oh Celestia, soooooo long.

Honestly, I encounter movies I hated that I want to see again way more often.

I've got that on VHS. VHS... :o

There's an "Intermission" in the middle, where nothing happens (picture of closed curtains in front of a cinema screen IIRC) and is HUGE, like 20 minutes or something .. :o

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

I've got that on VHS. VHS... :o

There's an "Intermission" in the middle, where nothing happens (picture of closed curtains in front of a cinema screen IIRC) and is HUGE, like 20 minutes or something .. :o

Same with 2001, and it keeps going even after the word “INTERMISSION” has disappeared. XD

• Brohoof 1

The Good Dinosaur had fantastic CGI that's not seen in any other Pixar film up until that point, but I found the story kind of condescending enough for me to not really want to watch it again.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The Golden Compass. Made the mistake of watching it again yesterday. Technically marvellous, stunning to look at, but difficult to follow (might help to have read the book first, or perhaps not?), and very unsatisfactory ending, because of course it is a prequel, and nothing further has materialized. We at least expected Lord Asriel to begin a quest in search of the origin of dust...

• Brohoof 1

On 11/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, Arkadios said:

Same with 2001, and it keeps going even after the word “INTERMISSION” has disappeared. XD

The same with Peter Jackson's King Kong. The theater I saw it in had to put in an intermission because it was so long.

• Brohoof 1

Koyaanisqatsi was awesome cinematic experience, especially on a big screen with surround sound but I don't think it'd feel as great if "experienced" for a second time.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. The first 2 are great and the last one is so terrible it's actually a great joy to watch, but it's also really campy and screams early 2000s, not to mention the acting was quite terrible for the most part. It's a lot harder to appreciate now than it was back then.

And for entirely different reasons, Logan. It's quite depressing and harrowing for a "superhero" film but it was amazing nonetheless.

• Brohoof 1