Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been bullied?

CandyCorn

I was bullied by an exe boyfriend of mine back in my early high school years. It was so traumatizing that I refused to attend school. I was forced to attend a school refusal program for a few months so I couldeventually return to school.

I used to be called retarded back in elementary school because i was the loudest in the class. I never knew at the time that i had a behavioral condition called ADHD. I was loud and wasnt too social, yeah, but i was one of the smartest in the class. 

Now that elementary school is outta the way, let’s go to middle school. I used to be in just the normal classes because of some mix up with registration initially. After a few weeks, i got transferred to Honors classes. The kids there were smart, but they were also emotionally brutal. They always made fun of the fact that im quiet, for some reason, and always picked on me because i had crushes on their girlfriends. When i ended up answering questions hey couldnt, however, they silenced themselves. However, there was this one guy in particular that kept bothering me because he, along with the rest of the class, viewed me as a nuisance. He always put my writing utensils in wierd ass places so i had to literally hunt for them. It wasnt until we both got sent to the principal’s office because i shouted “What the hell!?” at him in class when he was messing with my utensils again. A few days after that, we became acquainted through YuGiOh. 

Now to high school. In high school, i never liked PE. It wasnt hard, i just hated the people in it. There was this group of jocks in patricular, football players (go figure), that always harassed me in the lockers and almost always got more physical with me than anyone else during our activites. I swear, you’d think they’re doing professional playoffs of football, hockey, volleyball and basketball when they play with me just to name a few. They always find ways to knock me over whenever we’re practicing. But the worst of it all was one time in the locker rooms when one of them sprayed me with body spray and they all taunted me and called me gay. Even the coaches were there and they didnt do anything. Why? Oh, becuase the people who were taunting me were their star players. I hated going to PE after that. I never told anyone, not even my own parents until the next year when they asked me why i get so emotional and i had to explain to them that whenever i tell them how i get teased they write it off as something that doesnt matter.  

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

Yeah, I was constantly bullied in elementary for two years by a douche, but at least it was by himself, was a phony and I could (and did) fight back. High school on the other hand, was some next level shit. Actual thugs, groups, were supported by my other classmates, the teachers who owned the school, AND THE PRINCIPAL HERSELF. Seriously, I was tempted to.... “Be in the headline news” :catface:..... or not, as my community was the same hell on a macro level, where murder is everyday stuff and people no longer pay attention to it :dash:. Anyway, almost two years out, and I couldn’t be happier :catface:. Last thing I knew about the thugs, is that three of them got to jail for brawling at a party, and the school was burned-down. Even I can’t believe how much I needed to know about the latter, it gave me some closure  :fluttershy:

It's hard to avoid being bullied at some point in your life, and I'm no exception. I never had anything chronic going on where I was constantly under threat, but there was the basic general abuse one gets as a fixture of the public school system. I mostly stayed to the background and avoided attention altogether, and when I got to the eightth grade my parents home-schooled me. Obviously I never got bullied after that. 

• Brohoof 3

I was bullied thoughout the entire time I was at school, it was mostly at its worst when I was at secondary school though. I wasn't psysically attacked or anything but nobody would talk to me or have anything to do with me besides calling me names, talking behind my back etc and I spent most of my time at school alone because of this. I got though it though, mostly by just switching off to it and ignoring it and not letting them know it was bothering me. Things got better after I left school, still encounter bullies in life but I'm a bit more asertive now and won't take any rubbish from them now.

What kind of educational institution were you guys studying at? :mlp_confused: In my school, you will literally get into a huge trouble if you bully someone.

I have ever gotten bullied, but not that extreme as you all were experiencing. :sealed:

On 10/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, Kronos the Revenant said:

Moving to high school. In high school, i never liked PE. It wasnt hard, i just hated the people in it. There was this group of jocks in patricular, football players (go figure), that always harassed me in the lockers and almost always got more physical with me than anyone else during our activites. I swear, you’d think they’re doing professional playoffs of football, hockey, volleyball and basketball when they play with me just to name a few. They always find ways to knock me over whenever we’re practicing. But the worst of it all was one time in the locker rooms when one of them sprayed me with body spray and they all taunted me and called me gay. Even the coaches were there and they didnt do anything. Why? Oh, becuase the people who were taunting me were their star players. I hated going to PE after that. I never told anyone, not even my own parents until the next year when they asked me why i get so emotional and i had to explain to them that whenever i tell them how i get teased they write it off as something that doesnt matter.  

Hehe, what a bunch of idiot losers, they bully cuz they have a small brain. :-D

I was bullied back in Primary School, roughly from when I was 5/6 until I was 11 years old. 

As a kid (in direct contrast to myself nowadays) I was extremely shy, scrawny and weak, so as you can guess, I was a pretty easy target. No matter how much I tried to ignore it and simply walk away, or even report it to a teacher, it just kept happening. Never-ending.

You know how I got the bullying to stop? I fought back, I defended myself. I'd had enough of it, so one time when a guy was giving me trouble, I beat the hell out of him.

From that point on, nobody gave me any trouble afterwards. I had proven myself, I had shown that I wasn't going to take this sort of crap from anyone, not anymore. As it turned out, I'd seemingly earned the respect I'd been lacking for such a long time from not just my peers, but my actual bullies. Nowadays, I'm on good terms with the folks who did bully me. As it turned out, the guy I fought had a pretty rough childhood, which is why he bullied people in the first place.

Now, keep in mind, this was an absolute last result. Since I grew up in a pretty rough area, this was the best/most efficient way to prove myself. I do not condone attacking your bullies. You don't know why they do what they do, keep that in mind.   

I've been bullied many times, as well as excluded, teased and just treated terribly in general. Once, it got so bad to the point where I roundhouse kicked the person who was giving me a hard time. I feel a bit bad about it, but at the same time I don't.

Edited by Cash In

I was bullied a decent bit, some of it even perpetrated by people who wanted to call me their friend.

When I lived in Washington, I don't remember getting bullied that much. I only remember ever interacting with a small number of people. Though in third grade I was being bullied because I was an opportune target. I was easy for them (her actually) because I was in special education classes at the time (Funny considering I would end up taking AP Calculus in high school) and I was definitely a bizarre kid (especially considering I always wore red sweatpants because I couldn't zip up jeans until I was in 6th grade).

Living here, I was bullied quite a bit, by three people in particular. Two of them were my "friends" who'd constantly make up embarrassing rumors (of the like of playing with myself in class. I'm not kidding...) about me and spread them. Let's just say everybody thought what they were saying was true and I started getting constantly ridiculed by those two and others who'd go after me about it. The other one constantly bullied me for being smart, and also apparently because it's rude to respond to somebody else's question. I started a fight with him. I felt bad about it, but literally everyone was on my side, because they knew he was a problem. Even though he was the one wiping the floor with me, he stopped. As for the other two, they never stopped. They kept going with it. I decided I had enough a few days before graduation and separated myself from them. Even though both of them came back like human leeches feeding off of attention anyways. I knew the act so I didn't pay it too much mind, and for that length of time, it was possible.

i had many brothers that were pretty close to my age, so we weren't a good target for bullying at school, i was however bullied in summer camp once, which is why i didn't go again

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I can't remember a year I haven't been bullied or picked on

I have lots of stories but to keep it short Ill just tell a few if anyone cares

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'v been the outcast throughout my entire school career so far. I still get teased and made fun of. But I don't think it's as bad as some of the past.

In elementary school, I was always excluded in everything and the last one picked for everything in school. People would ignore me and make fun of me. Summers were pretty bad too. I was in some summer camps when I was really little and there would always be older kids that did lots of bad things to me. One was when I got thrown into a trash can and rolled down a big hill or when I was drawn on every night. I'v seen them do stupid stuff to each other too like put a battery in a cup of water, watched it's juices fizzle out a bit, the metal part of the battery even turned a brown rusty color and they put it on their own tongue for a few seconds.

In middle school, I was still the outcast, no one talked to me and no one liked me. I hated everyone and everyone hated me. I always sat in the corner of the lunchroom with my head down just hoping no one notices me. There were some kids that bullied me. They would even get me in trouble a lot. Sometimes kids would throw stuff at me in the hallway or classroom.

Now, in high school its not as bad, although I do get ignored sometimes and made fun of by some people. 

I've been bullied by a principal in elementary school, they thought my cloths were ugly so they called me names every day, vice-principal, same with this person in middle school, and a teacher, I don't know if this one was the worst one or not he would do things like bring to the front of the class often and make everyone call me a loser and laugh at me or tell everyone whenever I got a bad grade on something to make me look bad.

There were lots of other bad things but I don't really feel comfortable talking about them

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

Only in elementary school I guess, where I got bullied just because I liked hanging around with girls rather than boys

I mean c'mon, I'd rather hang out with the ones from the opposite genders than a bunch of annoying people

After that, in junior and senior high, everyone pretty much accepts whoever I am. Me hanging around with girls or me being a brony, they don't stigmatize me for that. I should be grateful about it

Ha, that's like a constant in my life!

From elementary to middle and not as much at highschool. When someone tells you that if you confront the bullies they'll stop, they don't know what are they talkin' 'bout. I got into many fights and I used to be the one "winning", but that didn't matter to the bullies. They kept annoying me for years.

College was a different thing, though. You almost never cross paths with the same people again. Funny enough, only my friends mocked me and stuff. People knew I was a brony and mostly nobody minded about it. I made some great non-brony friends there, actually. However, sometimes people didn't believe me I was into MLP.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah not just in school but at my jobs as well. I’m currently dealing with that issue now with two of the older individuals that work on my shift. I finally stood up for myself and went to my leader about one of them who had gotten way out of line.  He was given a severe talking to. Being the newest to the shift I have no one on my side on since they’re all friends. Even more so now because they think I run and tell the leader everything. 

Things are on edge. There’s a hope since the other one claims she’ll be retiring soon and they’re talking about moving the other guy to a different shift.

its just managing till that happens. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh sure. Everyone gets bullied.

First blatant example that pops in my head was the girls I sat in front of on the bus in middle school. They stuck a lollipop stick in my hair when I wasn’t looking.

1 minute ago, JingLBabe said:

Oh sure. Everyone gets bullied.

First blatant example that pops in my head was the girls I sat in front of on the bus in middle school. They stuck a lollipop stick in my hair when I wasn’t looking.

woah, that's really rude! I hope it washed out easily, I had a bad experience with bubble gum once, but I don't know if caramel becomes hard to wash.

• Brohoof 2