Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Any Firearms Enthusiasts Here?

Phosphor

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I have yet to shoot a nice .50

I have gotten to shoot the venerable Ma Duce on the ship. Its a heck of a lot of fun. 

• Brohoof 1

Don't own that many guns myself anymore sadly. Sold some of em recently cause I was strapped for cash. Currently I still have my AR, my MOIST NUGGET OF GLORIOUS SOVYET PERFECTION, and an M&P Bodyguard to carry. It's stupid how hard it is to get a CCW in the state of California. I only finally managed to get one because my business is mobile and requires me to carry a lot of cash.

• Brohoof 1

My dad used to collect guns, but sold a lot of them off over the years. I only have one gun, which my dad gave me for self defense when I moved out. It's a very old Enfield revolver. I'm not exactly a gun enthusiast, but when I need to feel safe I can become very enthusiastic about my nifty old gun. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't own any guns as of yet, but I definitely plan on it in the future. I also really wanna get into hunting as well. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Jedishy said:

What caliber do you shoot from the revolver? 

I have quite a few revolvers. :sealed:

My favorite calibers to shoot are .38 Spl and 32 S&W Long. The latter is a pretty sweet cartridge. No kick and very accurate.

11 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Don't own that many guns myself anymore sadly. Sold some of em recently cause I was strapped for cash. Currently I still have my AR, my MOIST NUGGET OF GLORIOUS SOVYET PERFECTION, and an M&P Bodyguard to carry. It's stupid how hard it is to get a CCW in the state of California. I only finally managed to get one because my business is mobile and requires me to carry a lot of cash.

Come to the Southeast, bro! Or maybe Arizona. It's also a permit-less carry state.

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

My dad used to collect guns, but sold a lot of them off over the years. I only have one gun, which my dad gave me for self defense when I moved out. It's a very old Enfield revolver. I'm not exactly a gun enthusiast, but when I need to feel safe I can become very enthusiastic about my nifty old gun. 

Cool! An Enfield revolver... that sounds like a top break revolver. What kinda shape is it in and what caliber? :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I am not like a gun nerd or anything but I have fired a couple guns and own one. The gun i own is a bolt-action 6-shot 12 gauge shotgun, not sure what brand it is. I used it last to go clay pigeon shooting. Guns I have fired are bolt-action 6-shot 16 gauge shotgun, single shot shotgun, state police issued .44 magnum revolver (dads), 9mm (dads), state police issued Remington shotgun (dads), and the old western level action Winchester rifle. I am thinking of getting a pistol of some sorts but thats a long ways away.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Phosphor270 said:

My favorite calibers to shoot are .38 Spl and 32 S&W Long. The latter is a pretty sweet cartridge. No kick and very accurate.

11 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Nice. I only have my 36 spl and a black powder revolver. Which is fun to shoot but a pain to load 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I don't own any guns as of yet, but I definitely plan on it in the future. I also really wanna get into hunting as well. 

Never been into hunting by myself. Always with my dad as a medium. Hunted rabbits, deer, and ducks.

One of the last rabbits I’ve killed made a run for it as soon as we saw it. Quick calculations led me realize it was going to a bush, so I led my shot there. Effectively, the rabbit was found dead, as expected. It’s one of my proudest shots I’ve made.

The three last times I’ve hunted were ducks in a farm. It’s fun to hunt them mid-flight, but I usually have trouble shooting them the first few times, but then they start quickly dropping down in every shot I make. Out of about 80 ducks, I killed no less than 15, in a party of about 10 fellow hunters

I’ve always used a Beretta shotgun in those occasions. Don’t remember the model, as I’m more of a military-grade weapons guy

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Phosphor270 said:

A gun license? What's that?? :P (I live in a permit-less carry state.)

Get one and head to the range with it. You'll use it a lot. Target practice is kinda addictive. 

Yeah, I probably could get addicted to that. :laugh: I'm in Canada, so although getting a licence isn't super hard, it still takes some effort.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Phosphor270 said:

Cool! An Enfield revolver... that sounds like a top break revolver. What kinda shape is it in and what caliber? :squee:

It's in decent shape for its age and shoots perfectly. It has some cosmetic scuffs in the paint (these were actually painted guns), and it's 38 caliber. They don't make the original ammo anymore but the 38 is a perfect fit so it's all good. 

2q0irtw.jpg

This is what it looks like (you're right about it being a top break loader). As you can see there's no hammer. Just point and shoot. 

7 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It's in decent shape for its age and shoots perfectly. It has some cosmetic scuffs in the paint (these were actually painted guns), and it's 38 caliber. They don't make the original ammo anymore but the 38 is a perfect fit so it's all good. 

2q0irtw.jpg

This is what it looks like (you're right about it being a top break loader). As you can see there's no hammer. Just point and shoot. 

Ohhh, that's a sweet gun. I love old top break revolvers :wub:

I don't see very many for sale and when I do, they're usually not in shooting condition.

My oldest gun is a Smith & Wesson revolver chambered in .32-20 Winchester. The ammo is obsolete, so I have to reload. I only fire light loads thru that revolver since it's a hundred years old.

• 3 weeks later...