Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What FIM species would apear as Human and do you think the Student 6 will make an appearence in EG?

JCKane

So, I'm a little curious about this.  First of all, like what FIM species become humans is rather curious.

Cuz, like ponies become Humans, but sirens become humans too.  yet Dragon's become Dogs?  Granted, it fit Spike's roll better for him to become a dog vs a human (since it'd be a bit harder for him to be a sidekick but still.)

But what about other creatures?  Would any of them become humans or other animals?

And if the Student 6 made an appearance in EG... would THEY be all humans?  (even though Cynder's a dragon... but her ROLE would make her a human like her friends.) 

That would be pretty weird if they were anything other than human.  In the EqG world, I don't think there is any other species that is sentient other than humans.

In my opinion, if the student six ever go to the human world, then Ember should definitely be a dog otherwise the horrible decision about making Spike a dog would be even more of an insult to the little guy.

Because of that issue, I think the student six, and any dragon, should never go to the human world. In fact it will probably be best that no new Equestrian creature visits the human world again.

Since the Kirin are the closest in terms of resemblance to ponies, if any of them were to go to the human world, they might end up looking like humans though their scales might be an issue.

Well, assuming that only hooved creatures become human when they pass through the mirror, then Sandbar, Yona, Silverstream and Ocellus would probably become human, while Smolder would probably end up as a dog. Gallus... might become human? I mean, I've seen humanized Gilda before, so it's a possibility.  

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:48 AM, TwilySparky said:

That would be pretty weird if they were anything other than human.  In the EqG world, I don't think there is any other species that is sentient other than humans.

That's the thing... it doesn't seem to matter rather the species in the human world can talk or not as with the case for Spike.  Dogs can't talk in the EG world yet when Spike traveled to EG he became a dog but was still able to speak.  The Spike FROM the EG world got to talk because he was hit by Equestrian magic in the 3rd movie.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, DonMaguz said:

In my opinion, if the student six ever go to the human world, then Ember should definitely be a dog otherwise the horrible decision about making Spike a dog would be even more of an insult to the little guy

Honestly, I don't think making Spike a dog wa a horrible decision.  In fact I think it makes sense.  Spike is the 'sidekick' to the Mane six, and though he's treated like family, in some ways he's like their pet.  As talking pet.  You COULD argue that he's more a baby/infant or child but he's still a companion to Twilight.  In EG, Spike being say a human child would be a bit strange as you'd have to ask why Twilight is hanging around a little baby, that's not related to her.  Spike being a dog allows him to fufil all the roles he's got in FIM without adding any kinds of issues.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, DonMaguz said:

Because of that issue, I think the student six, and any dragon, should never go to the human world. In fact it will probably be best that no new Equestrian creature visits the human world again.

Honestly, I have my doubts they'll even add the Student 6 to EG.  Though, I feel like they'd all be human if they did :/  

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

Since the Kirin are the closest in terms of resemblance to ponies, if any of them were to go to the human world, they might end up looking like humans though their scales might be an issue.

The Kirin (thought they were Sirens?) Had scales too didn't they?

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, PoisonClaw said:

Well, assuming that only hooved creatures become human when they pass through the mirror, then Sandbar, Yona, Silverstream and Ocellus would probably become human, while Smolder would probably end up as a dog. Gallus... might become human? I mean, I've seen humanized Gilda before, so it's a possibility.  

I mean technically Silverstream has Clawed front and back hooves so :/  And you have seen Gilda in EG?

Also, what about other species?  Like the movie introduced us to a TON of new types of species, including more humanoid ones. Like the cat guy and the pirates.. and the storm King?

(admittedly, one of the things I dislike about the Movie as I preferred Equistria being the name of the planet with it being mostly populated by Ponies... But seems based on the movie Ponies primarily reside in this one area of the planet. )

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I was actually thinking of staring a topic about the sirens. but I actually think that they were originally ponies in the first place. because, you see, when the Mane 6 destroyed their necklaces, they lost their magical abilities. This also caused them to loose their singing ability. While the necklaces could possibly be able to channel their magical abilities, wouldn't they still be able to sing since they are mythical creatures instead of loosing their abilities entirely (they just wouldn't bee able to hypnotize)? We have seen pone dark forms take place. Therefore, the sirens could have been pones before, but became sirens when they discovered the gemstones, becoming reliant on them to sustain their magic. Soo, in conclusion, he sirens became humans because they were possibly originally ponies (at least, that is my theory). I would think that other creatures in the land would become different types of animals in the real world (griffons = lions? dragons = dogs, hippogriffs = birds? etc) while ponies being the only ones who can become humans. Certainly Kirin would possibly become a humanoid as well, though possibly a variant of the regular pony humanoid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2018-11-20 at 7:04 PM, 09MurphyM said:

I think that any character from equestria would become their counterpart in the human world and vice versa. For example, Spike became a dog because he is already one in the human world.

Which makes no sense WHY his counterpart is already a dog though

On 2018-10-24 at 11:14 PM, JCKane said:

So, I'm a little curious about this.  First of all, like what FIM species become humans is rather curious.

Cuz, like ponies become Humans, but sirens become humans too.  yet Dragon's become Dogs?  Granted, it fit Spike's roll better for him to become a dog vs a human (since it'd be a bit harder for him to be a sidekick but still.)

No, its doesn't fit Spike's role by making him a dog

On 2018-10-29 at 2:33 PM, JCKane said:

That's the thing... it doesn't seem to matter rather the species in the human world can talk or not as with the case for Spike.  Dogs can't talk in the EG world yet when Spike traveled to EG he became a dog but was still able to speak.  The Spike FROM the EG world got to talk because he was hit by Equestrian magic in the 3rd movie.

Honestly, I don't think making Spike a dog wa a horrible decision.  In fact I think it makes sense.  Spike is the 'sidekick' to the Mane six, and though he's treated like family, in some ways he's like their pet.  As talking pet.  You COULD argue that he's more a baby/infant or child but he's still a companion to Twilight.  In EG, Spike being say a human child would be a bit strange as you'd have to ask why Twilight is hanging around a little baby, that's not related to her.  Spike being a dog allows him to fufil all the roles he's got in FIM without adding any kinds of issues.

No it doens't make sense
He's essentially the adopted little brother to Twilight.
He's not their pet, he's freaking SAPIENT as everyone else in Equestria

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-08-09 at 8:19 PM, nightshroud96 said:

Which makes no sense WHY his counterpart is already a dog though

No, its doesn't fit Spike's role by making him a dog

No it doens't make sense
He's essentially the adopted little brother to Twilight.
He's not their pet, he's freaking SAPIENT as everyone else in Equestria

Spike was more like the adopted 'son' than a little brother as Twilight was given the responsibility of taking care of him from Celestia.

That being said, I think you're missing my point.  Let's say they made Spike a kid... well then he'd be more sidelined as he wouldn't have been able to go to Twilight's school or really fit in her backpack as he'd be way to big.  Having him be a dog made it easier to keep him around and I think mirror's Twilight and his relationship more than if he was a kid.

Like, they're not related and tbh no adoption was involved but Twilight was the one who raised him.  Like a human can raise a Dog.  She's an authoritative figure to Spike is treated like family and her "best friend" but you don't really have a "Mother/son" relationship with the two. Or Sister/brother relationship. Which is why I think it more fits more a family pet that's more than a pet so to speak.  Would I call Spike Twilight's pet?  No.  But their relationship mirrors more that of a girl and her dog as opposed to a mother/daughter or siblings imo.