Sign in to follow this  
Discordian

answered Is it better to start a new topic or revive a dead one?

It's been a long time since I was last on the forums and I can't remember the rule on this nor find an answer quickly. I was looking at a long dead topic for webcomics and wondering if I should post in it and get it up front again or just start a fresh topic.

• Brohoof 2

IIRC reviving old ones is or atleast was preferred though the way i see it is that if you have something more specific that you want to assert  I'd say creating new topic is better approach on that case but if the old topic already covers the area your new topic would assert and you are not in specific need to bring attention to the that specific assertion inside of that subject I think its best to just add to the old one. 

• Brohoof 1

There is no rule or preference. We allow new topics provided there isn’t a recent topic created similar or a mega-thread. You can revive old topics too. Though with that there are some common sense limits ... if someone starts necroposting a dozen threads within an hour it’s annoying and we may step in to say chill. Same think if you are reviving a topic just to answer a question posed in it that was obviously addressed on the show. For instance, reviving a topic from 2012 asking if Twilight will ever be an Alicorn just to say, “yes she will” is unneeded. 

Like most things, it’s all about common sense. We don’t want to get in the way of discussion with silly rules, unless something becomes annoying AF. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, If you really like an old topic, then you can revive it, or if you want to add something new to the Forums, start a new one.

For myself, I'd prefer to do both. :mlp_grin: