Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best day of your life?

CandyCorn

Mine is pretty obvious. It was when Clayne liked my reply on his tweet. <3 That was the best day for me because it made me sososososososososososososososososososo happy. Just ask my best fried who witnessed a huge ass spazz attack over the fact that he did it. XD

What would you say has been the best day of your life?

• Brohoof 2

My dream had always been to see the Tian'anmen square in Beijing, China. The best day of my life was when I actually went to China and got to see it back in 2014!:pinkie: I've never felt better than I felt that day. Visiting the Tian'anmen square was the thing I wanted to do the most since I was 5 years old and it just felt so satisfying to finally see it!:mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

Probably the day I won the audition for my (present) job. That was an otherworldly experience.

There a few runners-up, like the day I saw Return of the Jedi in the theater for the first time (Special Edition), my first Broadway show (Beauty and the Beast) and my first trip to Disneyland when I was six years old. Awesome times. 

I think this is probably an easy one for me (my life sucks). The day I rode the bus to Washington D.C. to go march at the Memorial Day Parade. The reason had nothing to do with D.C., though. It was probably the most romantic point in me and my ex-boyfriend's relationship. Let's just say that we may have "married" that day :D.

Though, we'd split only 5 months after that... :(  That was a pretty bad day for me, because it wasn't very pretty. He didn't get over it for months. With me and my anxiety issues, I got the thought that he would come to my house and kill me. After all he knew where I lived and he sounded borderline homicidal... 

Even the post about the best day of my life is depressing... I'm not sure if I can really help that, in all honesty.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is pretty easy for me. It is when @Eccojams Vol. 1 became my boyfriend. <3 Ever since, he has always been able to make me happy and help me crawl out of some really dark times in my mind. If I am ever having a bad day, he always manages to make it better. So it is like that day never really ends, because he is always putting a smile on my face. :)

Second best though? When one of my now favorite aggro-tech groups liked and specifically shared a signature I made of them.

1472334562_NLHComplimentyay.png.7aee3d89a9d5d41348e3c3a66f09b270.png

That will always be one of the coolest moments ever for me and it pretty recent too.

Hmm, I don't like having a best day. I had some very great days, but I got a whole life to live through to find out what my "best day" might be. Same goes for my "worst day" really

Any day my dad says "Got our tickets to the Daytona 500" or any race is the best day of my life including the day we're actually there. :mlp_yay:

Another honorable mention would be the day I got my truck. :wub:

(edited)

There are a few options:

1. The last day of Grand Nationals in my senior year of marching band. We really wanted to make Finals to have that last performance. We did. It was fantastic and super emotional and I was bawling by the time we marched out at the end of the performance. lol. More happened that day which made it the best possible ending to a high school marching band 'career' I could have asked for. It was one of those times it felt like my life had become fiction instead of real life.

Also, it wasn't exactly the same day, but perhaps the next day? My grandparents called, and said they'd buy me a bassoon, which was my DREAM instrument. Like, you have no idea. I was a depressing mess back then, but even I couldn't have been depressing those two days.

A couple of years later there are two different days:

2. When I came out to my best friend of the time. I hadn't came out to anyone IRL aside from my mom before this point. I was too scared, living in Bible Belt hell, and my mom had written it off as a phase. When my best friend accepted me, it was the first time I had ever experienced that.

3. Several months later, I had come to like her. Oops. Much to my surprise, she had ended up liking me, too. The day that all came to light, would be the next day here. Even though things didn't turn out well in the end (and by the end, I mean a few years ago... Long story, very long complicated story), back in this moment it is deserving of being one of the best days of my life.

Besides, that everything that happened in late 2015 and 2016 (the stuff with my ex aside, ugh) that all culminated in me going back to college were all pretty amazing. However, if I pointed at any single day in this time, it just wouldn't work. It was the second time my life felt like fiction instead of real life.

Edited by Envy

Hmmmm.....gotta go back a bit for this one. Also probably the only *good* day I can remember, cuz all the others that *were* good became bad/associated with bad as time went on. Also gonna be kind of a longish post cuz it requires a wee bit of backstory and the story itself is on the longer side...I'll try to make it as concise as possible :P

Anyway, so growing up, dad was floor manager at a machine shop that made jet engine parts, and so was always bringing home posters and calendars of fighter jets from promo material from work, as well as toy models from business trips. On top of that, he took me to see Star Wars ANH when it re released in theaters in the early 90s (which incidentally was the first movie I ever saw in a theater, and I was 6), and also showed me Top Gun around the same time. Soooooooo between the dogfight scenes in SW, a movie literally about dogfighting, and constantly being exposed to jet fighter paraphernalia, I was pretty instantly hooked on flying, and wanted to be a fighter pilot. When I got into gaming a short time later, flight sims were one of my mainstays. Unfortunately, I also found out fairly early on that because without corrective lenses of some kind, I'm near the 20/200 limit for being legally blind, the military would never take me...nor would any civilian flight operation. Dreams smashed.

So my only way to engage with this passion was through the flight sims, and I played all kinds to death-realistic, arcade style, sci fi, you name it. Well, when I was 19, dad said he was gonna take us to LA on one of his business trips as our summer vacation. While we were out there, we found-completely by chance-this place where a bunch of ex USAF and USMC pilots had pooled money, bought a warehouse, filled it with a bunch of full cockpit style military surplus simulators, with a little lobby area. You pay the not-exactly-cheap fee, they sit you down with everyone else who's there, give you a little briefing on how to fly and work the controls, explain what you'll be doing, then put you all in your cockpits. Then they run everyone individually through every takeoff and landing scenario there is-day and night, land and sea, fair weather and foul-and when everyone's done that, they throw you all in a free for all dogfight with each other over virtual San Diego.

Now as I said, I played realistic flight sims at home, and I played them...well, realistically. I knew how to fly already, basically, and I was good at it. So I basically napped through the briefing. Aced all the takeoff and landing scenarios once I got in the cockpit, and then came out of the dogfight with 8 kills, no deaths (they did respawn you if you died, so the no deaths thing is actually relevant)...which IRL would have made me instantly qualify as an 'ace', since that status is granted after 5 kills; and 3 of those kills were with guns, rather than missiles; and in modern dogfighting, gun kills are nearly unheard of.

I climb out of the cockpit, and some of the owners pull me aside to talk to me, start asking where I learned to fly. "Video games" I deadpan, and tell them I've been playing simulators at home since I was 6 or 7. They look at each other and ask if I ever thought about joining the service. "Only every day of my life" I say. They ask how old I am, and I tell them I'm 19. They ask why the hell I'm not in basic training then, and since I was wearing my contacts instead of my glasses that day, i just point to my eyes and say the military would never take me, I'm near legally blind without lenses. They just kind of look at each other and say "Well that's a damn shame, kid. You are without doubt one of the best civvies to come through here, and the ONLY one who did that well and slept through the briefing. Honestly we were kind of laughing at you among ourselves, 'look at this kid, thinks they're hot shit, can't wait to see them get wrecked'. Damn if you didn't prove us wrong.'

So yeah, having my skills be validated by the literal pro's and being told that if it weren't for my eyes I would have actually made a good pilot, and was really good at something I was super passionate about, was pretty awesome. As an aside, now you all also know why Barnstormer is my OC :P

• 2 weeks later...