Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your least favorite season of the show?

AveryGamerDude

What's your favorite least favorite season of the show?  

41 users have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite least favorite season of the show?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • Season 8

This is a follow up from a previous post I made. Once again, I'm morbidly curious. What's your least favorite season of the show? Now, I'm gonna be totally honest here and say that I don't hate ANY season of the show. I love them all. But honestly, if I had to pick one that I enjoyed the LEAST, it would probably be season 1. I dunno, it just felt like that season was lacking in energy compared to the rest of the seasons, but that's just me. Even though a lot of the most iconic episodes of the show came out during that season. But meh. What's your least favorite season and why?

Edited by AveryGamerDude
Had two favorites.
  • Brohoof 3

It's either season 7 or 8 because both of these seasons had the least interesting or least impactful moments although a few songs in these seasons were good however they couldn't compare to the other seasons

• Brohoof 3

In my opinion, I enjoyed season 8 the least. Although I really like the episode with Chrysalis returning, I disliked the school idea. And found it to have a more cheesier vibe than other seasons mainly because of the Student 6. Not that I dislike them though.

• Brohoof 3

Definitely season 1. I almost never rewatch any episodes from that season, except maybe the pilot. I remember back when I was first getting into FiM, I was pretty much ready to give up on the show after that Best Night Ever season finale.

• 3 weeks later...

While I won’t deny S6 has some great episode, it’s the only season that feels like it was actively trying to piss me off in certain moments 

• 10 months later...

I'm definitely going to have to say season 8. First, it starts of with one of my least favorite plot devices: the School of Friendship. Also, so many of the episodes were boring and uninspired. Plus, I'm just not a huge fan of the characters in this season. This is my least favorite season by far.

• Brohoof 2

Season 8 would be my least favourite season. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with it and I don't have anything against the concept of the School of Friendship. It's just that a good chunk of episodes don't resonate with me as well as the ones from other seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Sadly I'm gonna have to say Season 9.

I'm *so* disappointed at how lackluster this final season has felt for me since,

I was *really* excited for it after the forgettable Season 8 finale (IMO). :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

Season 6 for being easily the most average. The episodes that were good aren't all that close to the best of other series, and the bad ones were really awful. Newbie Dash, Cart Before the Ponies, 28PL, and PPOV are all among the worst of the series. Additionally, the characterizations for almost all of the Mane Eight were at their lowest marks, especially Dash, Rarity, and AJ. Only Spike and Fluttershy showed a collective improvement.

• Brohoof 2

Season one for me. I have a spreadsheet with all my episode ratings on it along with the average number for each season and season one is the lowest by quite a distance. It's still a good season but it's apparent that the show was just finding its feet.

Edited by Solar Power