Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your least favorite season of the show?

AveryGamerDude

What's your favorite least favorite season of the show?  

41 users have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite least favorite season of the show?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • Season 8

Season 6 for me. If it hadn't been for Starlight and the final third of the season, I'd probably consider it a lost season. Though the only episode I really don't like is Season 9's 'A Trivial Pursuit'.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

season 8 and 9, I did not like the concept of a Friendship School, and season 9 has no connection in itself, seasons 1-3 had the letters to Celestia, season 4 the rainbow keys, season 5-6 Cutie Map, season; the pillars, season 8; although it was not a very good arc, at least it had it (Friendship School) however Season 9 does not have any connection from one chapter to another, in addition to the rise of Twilight quite forced.

• Brohoof 1

While I love all the seasons, season 8 for me had the least great episodes and more mediocre or even bad episodes than the rest of the seasons, if not for the episodes 19-26 stratch this season would have been the only season I could say I didn't particularly like, the first 18 episodes had more episodes I disliked then episodes I loved with the rest are average or enjoyable at best. 

Someone should add season 9 to the poll for fairness or create a new thread with all the seasons so we have a real picture to where the fans opinions on this forum stands. I am surprised season 7 got so many votes, I though it was a fan favorite season(at least one of them).

I'll be honest, Season eight and nine are some of my least fav seasons. There's nothing wrong with them really but in all honestly, I just found them to be pretty boring. There aren't really any episodes in those two that really stand out to me (other than the finale in season nine >_>).

• Brohoof 2

I'm glad we can vote for 2 seasons, lol.

Else, it would have been hard to pick if either season 5 or 8.

Season 5 was far too much fan pandering and episode 100 sucked badly. Oh my, it was just so so so bad... lame plot, an excess of fan service and they even recognized they were jumping the shark. However, while most episodes were meh, it had my favorite season finale in the show. And while I know we all can agree glim glam's backstory was far too lazy written, the fact she was nearly unstoppable by an alicorn princess merely due a wits battle and that instead of zapping her with a rainbow they had to actually negotiate with her was amazing.

Now... season 8... ugh. It was a crash and burn thing. It started with the dumbest premise in the entire series, and the inclussive six were bland, uninteresting characters most of the season. They got a bit better by season 9, yeah... but season 8 was bad. Worse than short season 3, worse than fanservice filled season 5, worse than generic and predictable season 4.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would say Season 6, but after watching Season 8 and 9, they made Season 6 look better by comparison. As much as I think Season 6 is terrible, at least I can stomach through it. Season 8 and 9 are such a pain that not even the good episodes couldn't saved it.

• Brohoof 1

I love them all too much to say that I have a least favourite. :wub: Whenever an episode is good for me, it's great and most of them are. :pinkie: Maybe Season Nine could be a bit lower down because of my bitter hatred towards the Student Six and the fact that I had some issues with the ending such as Twilight seperating from her friends and the potential prospect of out-living them. :worry: She didn't have to be forced to do that. :(

• Brohoof 1

All seasons are great but I think some are better than others. And the weakest and least favorite season to me was season 8. But this is only overall because even season 8 had really great stuff like the Kirins for example. As I said all seasons a great it's just in season 8 there is a lot of stuff I felt it could have done much better.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...