Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Are People Saying Yeet?

Midnight Solace

So, humans at school keep saying yeet randomly and it’s starting to get on my nerves. Even my sister says it randomly.

To my understanding, yeet is said in basketball when some human shot a three pointer and are sure that it will go in the hoop. Before 2017, that’s what I knew it as. Now, it is one of the most annoying words I have heard.

I asked my sister what yeet even means and they she said she has no idea  :lostit: Does anyone else feel me?

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, Lulaypp said:

Ahahaha... I totally get where you are coming from. I only know that Yeet is a currently common expression. I will be interested to know what Yeet actually is.

I think yeet is said when some one shoots a 3 pointer and are sure it will go in the hoop, as the previous post mentioned. :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 3

Yeet is an expression similar to “Sike!”. For example if someone were to hand another person a ball and the person who now has the ball had told the other person they would hold it, but then they throw it across the hall. Thats when they would say “YEET!”. This is only one example... there are many other ways “Yeet” is used and can be used in a “correct manner”... Slang terms are very hard to define as they arent in the dictionary.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Kitty_Cat said:

Yeet is an expression similar to “Sike!”. For example if someone were to hand another person a ball and the person who now has the ball had told the other person they would hold it, but then they throw it across the hall. Thats when they would say “YEET!”. This is only one example... there are many other ways “Yeet” is used and can be used in a “correct manner”... Slang terms are very hard to define as they arent in the dictionary.

I heard a youtuber said yeet when he threw a grenade. Someone also said it when they were pulling someone else's hair at school. :lostit: Is there even a real definition to this word?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Why Are People Saying Yeet?

YAW... YEET!

It's been a meme for a couple of years now, actually... :D I guess it's becoming more prevalent now, I don't know. I've literally never heard anyone mention it aside from a few YouTubers, most specifically ones like HoodlumScrafty, a Pokétuber who said it a lot in his videos, usually when he KO'ed an opponent's Pokémon.

Edited by ~Dusky~

whoops 

24 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

YAW... YEET!

It's been a meme for a couple of years now, actually... :D I guess it's becoming more prevalent now, I don't know. I've literally never heard anyone mention it aside from a few YouTubers, most specifically ones like HoodlumScrafty, a Pokétuber who said it a lot in his videos, usually when he KO'ed an opponent's Pokémon.

I hate meme's

Edited by BlinkZ

I have heard people saying "yeet" here in the United States. I don't really get what warrants one to say it...