Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nightmare Night Trivia.

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Nightmare Night Trivia.

Just when you thought that the nightmares were over, another trivia challenge has made its presence known. Surely all of you have the time to partake in this whilst going around and causing all kinds of Nightmare Night mischief. After all, you will earn a badge if you can answer these questions correctly. This time around, Nightmare Moon provided me with these questions save for the Equestria Girls bonus which happens to be my little treat. Given how powerful Nightmare Moon is during this time of the year, who was I to refuse her command to do this? I'd rather not end up suffering some kind of terrible curse or worse.

The eight regular questions are all Nightmare Night related though the bonus question is something related to but not connected to the occasion. Like before, collaboration is allowed and you can be given hints for most of the questions excluding the bonus; that one you'll need to figure out on your own. @Nightmare Moon is who you should submit your answers to as well as any concerns but I can address some as well. When will she go over what you give her? When Nightmare Night has reached its conclusion. Luckily, our gracious host isn't without mercy so she will allow for some questions to be given a second attempt. However, the bonus question doesn't count because even she knows that you need to do it on your own.

You'll have until the end of Nightmare Night to submit your answers which gives you a total of four days. Remember, send your answers to @Nightmare Moon. I promise that she won't cause you any trouble unless you do something to offend her.

Here are your questions. Oh yeah. I forgot to mention this. There are eight questions plus one bonus.

Q1. Who did Twilight dress as for Nightmare Night?

Q2. Who had their first Nightmare Night during Luna Eclipsed? 

Q3. Why was the sleep over canceled in Stare Master? 

Q4. Why is Twilight headed to the Everfree Forest in Stare Master? 

Q5. What myth does Applejack tell Rainbow Dash in Castle of the Two Sisters in Castle Mane-ia? 

Q6. How does Spike reveal the Journal of the Two Sisters in Castle Mane-ia?

Q7. What were the Mane Six dressed up as during Scare Master?

Q8. What does Fluttershy do to scare her friends in Scare Master?

Bonus: The Equestria Girls series is known for some of its characters becoming monsters. What are the names of these monsters? Who became them? And how did this happen to them? One note of warning here. You must spell out the names of the monsters correctly.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 1

Just a quick question about the bonus-are you looking for a specific established name for the transformation of these monsters (something I've never heard of) or just the individual name of each transformation (which I do know)

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That sounds like fun. I'd be interested in joining in a study group. :) 

1 minute ago, Twilight Luna said:

I know the answers but I’ll be happy to help those who need it.  

Would an off-the-cuff IC thread in the Everfree subforum suit everyone? {just pretend to be yourself. ;)}

45 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Q8. What does Fluttershy do to scare her friends in Scare Master?

Bonus: The Equestria Girls series is known for some of its characters becoming monsters. What are the names of these monsters? Who became them? And how did this happen to them? One note of warning here. You must spell out the names of the monsters correctly.

Q1 is from S2, right? Most of the others I can answer right away, no problem.

As for Q8, it's the one where she succeeds in scaring them, right?

The Bonus Question sounds more like a trick than a treat. Heh heh, trick or treat! But seriously....

Spoiler

The thing is not all the Monsters were given names in official dialog. So how can I spell out the name of the all the monsters properly, if they never said the new monster's name? Sounds rigged if you ask me. I know you said no hints on that, but at least keep the question fair enough 

I'm on a running streak with these Trivia events, and I will not be double-crossed by a bonus question that seems just a bit unfair.

@Ganondorf8 On question #1, can we use the costume from either Nightmare Night episodes? There have been two and she wears different costumes. On Q8, do you mean when she tries to scare her friends or later on in the episode?

46 minutes ago, The Grim Reader said:

Would an off-the-cuff IC thread in the Everfree subforum suit everyone? {just pretend to be yourself. ;)}

That should work. :P

6 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

@Ganondorf8 On question #1, can we use the costume from either Nightmare Night episodes? There have been two and she wears different costumes. On Q8, do you mean when she tries to scare her friends or later on in the episode?

I already ask the same thing. Well, you get candy for being like-minded to me.

Edited by Will Guide

1 hour ago, KH7672 said:

Just a quick question about the bonus-are you looking for a specific established name for the transformation of these monsters (something I've never heard of) or just the individual name of each transformation (which I do know)

My same confusion exactly. I don't want to be fooled by a bonus question whose instructions seem a little unfair.

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

So you did. Sorry about that. I failed the Twilight Sparkle exam and I want to make sure everything is right. :mlp_lie:

Oh, that's too bad. I hope you can take some candy as compensation.

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

My same confusion exactly. I don't want to be fooled by a bonus question whose instructions seem a little unfair.

I used the Derpibooru tags of each transformation. It's about as official as you can get >_>

Just now, KH7672 said:

I used the Derpibooru tags of each transformation. It's about as official as you can get >_>

I prefer MLP Wiki. Do you think that's considered official.

I'm not going to write my answers until tomorrow due to how late it is. For now, I'm getting the candy for Luna.

6 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Oh, that's too bad. I hope you can take some candy as compensation.

Thanks.I have no idea which of the questions I got wrong. :dry:

1 minute ago, Twilight Luna said:

Thanks.I have no idea which of the questions I got wrong. :dry:

You mean with Twilight Trivia all those weeks ago.

At least these new questions were not posted right before my work period so I'm not too stressed about the time limit.

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

You mean with Twilight Trivia all those weeks ago.

At least these new questions were not posted right before my work period so I'm not too stressed about the time limit.

Yeah, the Smarty Pants Trivia from back in August. 

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

@Nightmare Moon

@Nightmare Moon

The monsters for the most part, ARE NOT named in the dialog of the movies/episodes. How do you spell the ones that don't have names? The bonus question can't really be answered.

Oh, and if you message @Nightmare Moon   with the answers, it says that name with an "@" can't receive messages. I hope it went the right place just sending to Nightmare Moon!

• Brohoof 1

Alright, let me comb through some of the concerns.

@KH7672

Either way will be acceptable so long as you spell it correctly.

@Will Guide

Spoiler

Fan names will be accepted in addition to official ones.

@Twilight Luna

For question eight, it would be what she does later. As for question one... Yes, either costume will be accepted as the answer.

@cuteycindyhoney

Please see what I said to Will Guide in this post.

10 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

Fan names will be accepted in addition to official ones. 

Spoiler

That's still quite a bit murky. If I find some obscure fan name no one else ever heard of, or even as a fan myself, I MAKE ONE UP, does that make it the correct answer?

Example:

"I'm a fan. I say that monster is named "Scary Boo-Boo" That's now officially a fan name. I win!"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's still quite a bit murky. If I find some obscure fan name no one else ever heard of, or even as a fan myself, MAKE ONE UP, does that make it the correct answer?

Example:

"I'm a fan.I say that monster is named "Scary Boo-Boo" That's now officially a fan name. I win!

Spoiler

You do make a good point. That's why we allow for some retries depending on the questions in case of situations like this.

Fortunately, there are only five monster names the bonus requires.

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Trivia events, and I will not be double-crossed by a bonus question that seems just a bit unfair.

bonus questions aren't required to pass, they just help you if you get one of the others wrong, so if you don't pass, they won't be the blame, see them as helping hoof instead of a trap, just one that's hard to reach

• Brohoof 1