Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Everything about Bonra is a lie

ManaMinori

Fandom fever and desperate ship wars have clouded the judgement and historical details of what was once presented in the series they so adamantly worship. Today,  want to take a look at "Slice of Life", the fan-favorite episode and call into question whether it is canon or no,and what impact it has and will have on the fandom. Why is this? Well, according to the episode's transcript, Lyra confront Bon Bon addressing the the issue of their friendship and its assumed fraudulence. in one of her lines, it is as follows:

Lyra Heartstrings: Are you saying our whole friendship was based on a lie?!

Sweetie Drops: I'm sorry, Lyra! I couldn't tell you for your own protection!

Lyra Heartstrings: B-b-but the lunches! The-the long talks! The benches we sat on! [tearing up] None of that was real?!

Spoiler

So, here's an interesting little tidbit that the fandom forgot...or blatantly ignored.....

the first time we see Lyra sitting human-style on her bench, it was with Shoeshine beside her, NOT Bon Bon (and yet everyone in the fandom who ships these two ponies (Lybon) somehow always have Lyra sitting next to Bon Bon on those benches...... To my knowledge, Lyra has never sat on a bench with Bon Bon in the show's history. (I could be wrong).

Here's another interesting fact- Bon Bon has been known to lie and omit details before....such as the fact that she's a secret agent under Celestia's orders in S.M.I.L.E. and that same faction, according to "Bon Bon, Lyra, and The Mares of S.M.I.L.E." chapter book, have memory-altering technology and spells that their disposal, so YES, it very well could be that their relationship is, and was based off of a lie, and all those times Lyra has thought it had been Bon Bon she was sitting on those benches with, it had actually been Shoeshine, as the series itself has proven.

lyra2.jpg.d80c1f18c049c02b7e9a9bee7399c6fa.jpg

With that said, is everything the fandom thought they knew about Lyra a lie, orchestrated through altered memories by S.M.I.L.E? Why is it that there's no fanworks of Lyra and Shoeshine, seeing as how this is true? Or Lyra and Amethyst Star, who were seen together at the very start of episode 1?

lyra1.jpg.bf00ef9dbee653600d7d648ff392e94e.jpg

Fandom fanatics have forgotten and failed to notice the real friends

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

On 10/29/2018 at 12:22 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:
  Hide contents

Here's another interesting fact- Bon Bon has been known to lie and omit details before....such as the fact that she's a secret agent under Celestia's orders in S.M.I.L.E. and that same faction, according to "Bon Bon, Lyra, and The Mares of S.M.I.L.E." chapter book, have memory-altering technology and spells that their disposal, so YES, it very well could be that their relationship is, and was based off of a lie, and all those times Lyra has thought it had been Bon Bon she was sitting on those benches with, it had actually been Shoeshine, as the series itself has proven.

With that said, is everything the fandom thought they knew about Lyra a lie, orchestrated through altered memories by S.M.I.L.E? Why is it that there's no fanworks of Lyra and Shoeshine, seeing as how this is true? Or Lyra and Amethyst Star, who were seen together at the very start of episode 1?

A wide-scale version of the memory altering spell has been tested on our civilization numerous times. Humans now refer to this as the Mandela Effect.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:10 AM, BornAgainBrony said:

A wide-scale version of the memory altering spell has been tested on our civilization numerous times. Humans now refer to this as the Mandela Effect.

but its ponies that we're talking about

That and hardly any mention of Sea Swirl ever...and she's on just about every episode!

But a couple of points to consider...

1) Lyra and Bon Bon made up at the end of SoL, showing that their friendship was genuine.

2) They are often shown together, even before SoL.

3) I want to know why Sea Swirl is ignored by the fandom.

Image result for mlp sea swirl

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mirage said:

That and hardly any mention of Sea Swirl ever...and she's on just about every episode!

But a couple of points to consider...

1) Lyra and Bon Bon made up at the end of SoL, showing that their friendship was genuine.

2) They are often shown together, even before SoL.

3) I want to know why Sea Swirl is ignored by the fandom.

Image result for mlp sea swirl

I haven't forgotten her. 

IMG_20180727_110643.thumb.jpg.162d05bd1cc139fac534ab4984390b85.jpg

• Brohoof 1

And I found This. I'm not trying to prove anything, just that there seems like enough evidence that their 'best friend' status seems believable.

I don't know about Shoeshine...I like her, but, she was kinda mean to Fluttershy in Putting Your Hoof Down. I think Shoeshine needs some work on the whole friendship is magic thing. So she was probably trying to cause problems between Lyra and Bon Bon by spending time with her.

Image result for mlp shoeshine

One she gets her act together, I totally ship Shoeshine and Sea Swirl.