Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow The Most Common Pony Non-Bronies Know?

Midnight Solace

There's this one kid in my class that keeps saying he loves Rainbow Dash ever since he found out I was a brony, even though he knows nothing about the fandom himself. That makes me wonder, is Dashie the most famous among non-bronies? Because I asked him what his favorite ponies are, and he says he only knows RD.

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 4

i only knew of Luna and celestia before, since i had found the Moon Rises,Children of the night, and Lulaby for a princess videos. the rest were all nameless ponies to me until i watched the show

Probably... rainbows are pretty iconic in their own right. We all know Rarity is the best, but that realization really only comes once someone is already in the fandom. And indeed, not all can come to terms with that truth. :darling:

But for non-brony exposure, RD is probably the most prevalent of the Mane How-Ever-Many-It-Is-Now.

• Brohoof 2

Probably, yes. It makes sense considering she has a rainbow mane and tail. The first pony I actually knew of... was LYRA. I knew of her because of a member on a forum for teens whose username was "Lyra Heartstrings," who was a transgendered pegasister and I believe a moderator at the time. After that I knew of Derpy and Rainbow Dash, and then I got introduced to everyone else through the "Versus Ponyville" servers on TF2 and after starting to watch the show.

• Brohoof 2

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. The thing about Rainbow Dash is that she is quite distinctive; specifically with her rainbow mane and tomboy-ish personality. Back in the days of seasons 1 & 2 it wasn't uncommon to see her used in various meme images on a lot of non-brony-specific medium; in my case that being FurAffinity. For many non-bronys out there the rest of the Mane 6 just look like single color ponies, whereas Rainbow is recognizable.

So yeah; I would venture to say Rainbow Dash is the most common in that regard.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I think it's pinkie pie. Though not exactly for positive reasons. 

She seems to be the target of non-fans and anti-bronies, whether it's her head on a pike or her getting torn in half by a space marine. 

She embodies the traits of what one thinks of when imaging a little girls horse toy: poofy, pink and cute. Plus her personality might be what one thinks of when imagining a fan of the show: hyperactive, childish, impulsive and annoyingly cheerful. 

Though it's not all bad, as when many hear of the fandom, they hear it through the smile song and how Pinkies positivity inspires them.

• Brohoof 1

I think Rainbow Dash is the most recognizable outside of the fandom. I don't see MLP merchandise very often in public, but the few times I have, I recall seeing mostly Rainbow Dash. 

My first MLP:FiM merchandise was a Rainbow Dash coffee mug. B)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...