Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else think that the 1990s decade was overrated?

AlicornSpell

Does anyone else think that the 1990s decade was overrated?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the 1990s was overrated?

• YES
    • NO

I don't think the 90s is overrated. The 90s was a great decade as there was so much enthusiasm going on with new things, such as the World Wide Web being invented or even some very great films being produced. But every generation has its positive and negatives.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, R.D.Dash said:

I thought it was the decade of the best television and movies. Right now all they do is remake old movies from before, I am looking at you Disney.

Remaking movies doesn't mean the company wants us to ignore the animated classics. The remakes are just simply a new way of telling the same stories in a different form of media.

I'm too young to remember the early part of the decade, but looking back at the late 90s, I wouldn't really say so. In some ways, maybe the memories make it look better than it was. For example, the cartoons of the era were pretty much the same as any other decade – some of them were great but others were pretty forgettable now that I look at them again. I found the music amazing, though – obviously not everything was good, but a lot of my favorite songs are ones I heard when I was very little.

As for life in general, it's hard to compare because of being a different age, but looking back, I get the idea they were calmer and better times in general... but maybe as a kid I didn't pay as much attention to the bad things. :please: In the end, it's all subjective, but I'd say my view on the part of the 90s I experienced is quite positive!

• Brohoof 3

I dont think the 90s are over rated. I think it was the era where the technology and information exploded and lots of new things came from it both ups and downs. Some guys made a video on youtube saying all the things that were popular during that time. I was born in 91 so i cant remember most of the things that came into the 90s but from videos i seen it seems to be thats lots came about during that time.

• 1 year later...

I would say no to the 90's being overrated, because a lot of good stuff came out of the 90s. It was a great decade for cartoons, with the likes of Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy coming out as well as the first episodes of SpongeBob in '99, and it was definitely a fantastic decade video game wise without a doubt.

Now the 80s are a little different, partially considering 80s nostalgia has been literally everywhere for the past few years... :dry: I mean I like some of what came out of the 80s, but, really? I'm sick of the 80s nostalgia, feels like it's been time to move on for a while now...