Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the New Seasons Worth it?

Meeps

6 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Season 6 may be the weakest of S5-S8. But the episodes of The Crystaling, The Gauntlet of Fire, Saddle Row Review, Flutter Brutter, Heartswarming Tale, Times They Are a Changeling, Dungeons and Discords, and To Where and Back Again made me glad I saw them.

Actually season 6 is one of the best seasons for  a majority of reasons 

1. Starlights the hero

2. Spike gets the respect he deserves 

3. Twilight gets less focus 

4. Fluttershy has great character development

Season 6 is the best season to me with Season 7 being second.

Edited by Pip plup 3456

The seasons hardly matter to me - I like and dislike episodes from all the seasons (relatively speaking...maybe only 2 or 3 episodes of all I'll never watch again). So far I cheated and Youtubed one S8 episode - I loved it!!!! I want to watch all them now.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Tylad said:

Even though the writing isn't as great as compared to Seasons 1-4, the newer season are still fun to watch! Season 6 may have been the worst season from what others may say, but I personally enjoyed it. My opinion goes for the same with Season 8. Many of us are going to remain watching this show until we get G5.

I have to respectfully disagree.  I find it pretty difficult to rank seasons by writing, but Season 3 is by far the worst in every department. Season 6 isn't that good, but frankly season 8 is worse. It's okay and for MLP that's fairly bad. 

3 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

In my personal opinion, I have to disagree. I have to say Season 3 is the worst of them all. Half the standard season and had episodes like Spike at your service. The best season? I still would have to say either 4 or 5. Both have a special place in my heart.

That’s fine. In fact, I really love S4 the most!

5 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  I find it pretty difficult to rank seasons by writing, but Season 3 is by far the worst in every department. Season 6 isn't that good, but frankly season 8 is worse. It's okay and for MLP that's fairly bad. 

That’s fine. I’m not too judgemental when it comes to writing. I don’t really hate any season but for me Season 6, 7, and 8 are worse in terms of their writing, but I still had some sort of fun in either of them. I guess the lack of good writing in newer seasons is one of the reasons why many bronies left the fandom. But I like to consider myself more of a fan than a brony.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Meeps said:

Are the new seasons worth watching?

Only you can answer that for yourself. What everyone thinks is a bad thing could be something that you enjoy. In other words, giving the new seasons a try is entirely your decision, don't let others influence that.

16 hours ago, Meeps said:

Have you guys enjoyed the new stuff?

I don't know about everyone else, but I love the new stuff! The new characters, the old characters, the plotlines, the morals, the humor, the entertainment, and so forth! I love all of the seasons, though there are a few episodes I hate; also, the newer episodes seem to be getting better and better in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Pip plup 3456 said:

Season 6 is the best season to me with Season 7 being second.

It's good to see that someone here considers season 6 to be the best season. I honestly loved it, and I think it is far better than everyone else says it is.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 3

I think so. Until recently, I thought the first few seasons were better, but Season 8 has been growing on me. I'm just not that picky when it comes to cartoons (except cgi) and I just tend to enjoy them. :mlp_grin:

It honestly depends on your views on the earlier seasons. Entertainment is subjective, therefore you may not find the descriptions of later seasons in this thread to apply fully to your own opinions when watching. It's best (in this circumstance, at least) to experience a few episodes for yourself and decide whether they work for you. Whilst I would prefer to avoid veering into more subjective territory here, I will say that the later seasons are more outwardly ambitious and less mane six-centric than the earlier seasons, which may be an important factor to consider heading into them, but whether or not these changes make them 'worth it' can honestly go either way.

They are both great imo... and i think season 8 has the best villain of the show.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:20 PM, EpicEnergy said:

Only you can answer that for yourself. What everyone thinks is a bad thing could be something that you enjoy. In other words, giving the new seasons a try is entirely your decision, don't let others influence that.

I don't know about everyone else, but I love the new stuff! The new characters, the old characters, the plotlines, the morals, the humor, the entertainment, and so forth! I love all of the seasons, though there are a few episodes I hate; also, the newer episodes seem to be getting better and better in my opinion.

It's good to see that someone here considers season 6 to be the best season. I honestly loved it, and I think it is far better than everyone else says it is.

Season 6 is definitely a lot better than it gets credit for.

• Brohoof 2