Altastrofae

Ask a Witch

Recommended Posts

Hello lovelies. So, today, I thought I'd make a topic where people could ask me questions pertaining to me considering myself a witch. I know that when others find out, they're pouring with questions, so here's a space for peeps to do that.

You can also ask me normal questions if you want.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 hours ago, Altastrofae said:

Hello lovelies. So, today, I thought I'd make a topic where people could ask me questions pertaining to me considering myself a witch. I know that when others find out, they're pouring with questions, so here's a space for peeps to do that.

You can also ask me normal questions if you want.

I think I already know the answer to this but are the 7 flowers floating on water representing the 7 Chakras?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

I think I already know the answer to this but are the 7 flowers floating on water representing the 7 Chakras?

Yes, they are

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

So what exactly are the "rules" when it comes to magic? Like, what is and isn't possible? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

What are the differences between Witchcraft and Wicca again? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how do one become a witch? Can anybody just call themselves a witch or do you have to pass a test? 

Also is witch a gender neutral term or is there another world for men who practice witchcraft?

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, Sun Wukong said:

So what exactly are the "rules" when it comes to magic? Like, what is and isn't possible? 

Well, obviously, you can't just defy the laws of the universe. That being, don't ask me to turn someone into a toad. I honestly don't know how I could do that. If anyone could do that, it would be some high ranking god who actually knows how creation works in the first place.

Something I could do is usually more practical. Like, last thing I did was, I made a crystal set up of sorts to encourage dreaming at night. My reasons for that are more spiritual in nature, but it's stuff like that.

I actually just read a post where someone made a working Death Note (it wouldn't kill or hex the person, or any person at all for that matter, what it did was it removed things from your life if you wrote them down. Like, if you were trapped in a bad relationship, and didn't have the guts to get out of it, just write it down.

The poster also happened to blood seal it, so it wouldn't work unless  they were touching the book. Alchemy 101 right there

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

What are the differences between Witchcraft and Wicca again? 

Wicca is a religion that worships two gods and sometimes multiple others. This religions happens to involve witchcraft, but you can be a witch without being Wiccan.

34 minutes ago, Gestum said:

So how do one become a witch? Can anybody just call themselves a witch or do you have to pass a test? 

Also is witch a gender neutral term or is there another world for men who practice witchcraft?

I wouldn't say there is a test, but if you practice magick and are at least okay at it, then I'd say you're a witch. I mean, it's all there.

"Witch" is the term I use, even though I'm a boy, but some would call themselves Warlocks, or Wizards, or whatever. I just like "witch" better

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Altastrofae said:

Well, obviously, you can't just defy the laws of the universe.

And you lost me. Doesn't all magic defy the laws of the universe to some extent? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Sun Wukong said:

And you lost me. Doesn't all magic defy the laws of the universe to some extent? 

Not at all. I'm actually a guy who likes to read up on quantum physics, trigonometry, and basic physics, etcetera. And nothing I've gotten to work has technically defied any laws. Albeit, some of the things I've done, I'm not sure why they worked at all, but a few could be explained with current theories. My point is, physics technically allows for everything I've done successfully

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

What form of Wicca do you study? Do you pair it with any other path/philosophy or system? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

What form of Wicca do you study? Do you pair it with any other path/philosophy or system? 

Yeah, I'd say it's fairly eclectic in nature. I don't work many other gods into it, but I work a few in. Like, I used to work with Morgan. Not Morgan la Fae, but the Celtic Morgan, the shapeshifter who appeared to warriors on the battlefield

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Altastrofae said:

Yeah, I'd say it's fairly eclectic in nature. I don't work many other gods into it, but I work a few in. Like, I used to work with Morgan. Not Morgan la Fae, but the Celtic Morgan, the shapeshifter who appeared to warriors on the battlefield

If you want to denote the Celtic Goddess its common to refer to her as The Morrigan. Makes it easier to show what you mean. But which school of Wicca did you start with? The works of Gardener, Cunnigham, Buckland, the Farrars or even newer names like Grimassi?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

If you want to denote the Celtic Goddess its common to refer to her as The Morrigan. Makes it easier to show what you mean. But which school of Wicca did you start with? The works of Gardener, Cunnigham, Buckland, the Farrars or even newer names like Grimassi?

I think I started with Gardnerian Wicca, but I kinda diversified, I'm a little bit of everything. I kinda have my own thoughts. Do my own thing

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

So what are some of your favorite books or authors on the subject? I personally enjoyed Cunningham and some of his guidebooks on plants/crystals etc. I read Buckland and the Farrars and did not care for the work that much. Ended up moving on to Kemetic paganism pretty fast like 12 months maybe 18. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

So what are some of your favorite books or authors on the subject? I personally enjoyed Cunningham and some of his guidebooks on plants/crystals etc. I read Buckland and the Farrars and did not care for the work that much. Ended up moving on to Kemetic paganism pretty fast like 12 months maybe 18. 

I don't actually read much on the subject to be honest, but lately I've been entertaining D. J. Conway's books, but I can't say I agree with her on everything. I mean, mostly she write on the subject of draconic craft, which I can't quite say I can disagree with, having never worked with dragons, but when she does write about other stuff, I can't help but disagree on some smaller issues

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

If magic is so easy to perform that practically everyone can do it, why is there no scientific proof that backs up it's existance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Sun Wukong said:

If magic is so easy to perform that practically everyone can do it, why is there no scientific proof that backs up it's existance?

Well, for one, it's like wind, but you have to train yourself to feel that wind. If I told a scientist I could feel a current few others could, they'd think I'm crazy

However, some colleges have done research that has gone largely ignored by the rest of the scientific community.

And it isn't easy. It's very unpredictable, and the slightest doubt in yourself  could manifest as something unwanted, or even cause your spellwork to fail altogether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 11/4/2018 at 1:05 AM, Altastrofae said:

"Witch" is the term I use, even though I'm a boy, but some would call themselves Warlocks, or Wizards, or whatever. I just like "witch" better

What about Sorcerer, Witcher or Hexer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bas said:

What about Sorcerer, Witcher or Hexer?

Well, Sorcerer is also one I've heard. Can't say I've heard "witcher" and calling yourself a hexer sort of implies you're a specific kind of witch; that being, one who specializes in casting temporary yet usually painful curses.

Like, a curse typically last for a really long time, unless a time span is specified, and isn't always meant to harm. But a hex usually last for the same ammount of time as the average spell, like 3 days maybe, and is usually done with intent to harm the person, beit physically or emotionally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

22 hours ago, Altastrofae said:

Can't say I've heard "witcher" and calling yourself a hexer sort of implies you're a specific kind of witch; that being, one who specializes in casting temporary yet usually painful curses. 

Witcher game series. And hexer being just the German word for it.

For that game, think about a bad-ass magic-wielding combat warrior.

But technically, just the male version of a witch, if we are talking about simply the word.

Edited by Bas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, Bas said:

Witcher game series. And hexer being just the German word for it.

For that game, think about a bad-ass magic-wielding combat warrior.

But technically, just the male version of a witch, if we are talking about simply the word.

I guess :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.