Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has a wild animal ever gotten in or near your house?

ggg-2

We have rats and mice all over. We also have moths and spiders in here as well. We've also had scorpions, ants, birds, beetles, and probably all kinds of other things. As for outside our house, we have snakes, rabbits, possums, coyotes... 

Living in the country is nice... :lie:

Besides rodents, insects, and arachnids, I do remember a bird trapped in our house one time. I heard him flapping at the window and went to go tell people, though I guess they didn't believe me since they just told me to keep the door open and didn't do anything until they actually saw the bird. A guy caught him and I got to pet his tiny, soft head before he was released back outside.

In the house? Only thing I can think of are mice (which are in most houses).

Other than that, no. Most of the animals around my house stay outside. This includes deer, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, etc...

• Brohoof 1

Yes. It was (I guess) 2016 on a mild day in autumn while I worked in my garden as a doe jumped out of one of the bushes in my garden and runs through the garden not far away from me. I was really surpsied at this moment. I mean, I live not far away from the forest, but I didn't saw this comming. 

Besides this, there are the typcial animals you see here: Different birds, rodents, insects, bats and sometimes something bigger like a hedgehog or a marten.

When I was about 5 a squirrel ran through my bedroom and one of my cousins and I tried catching two swans that had found their way by his house.

When I was about 7 there was a small flock of dear just outside of one of my counsin's, grandmother's house that I happened to be staying at.

When I was about 10 my friend's dad drove past our house everyday on his way to work, and he saw a coyote on our side of the street which was weird because we were in the city.

When I was about 12 a wildcat passed through my grandma's backyard while I was shooting pop cans with a pellet gun. We had heard about one in the area but I didn't realize what it was because regular cats passed through the yard all the time and my vision was getting pretty bad by this point. It was noticeably bigger than a normal cat though. Also I saw an Opossum in my backyard while taking out the trash and my dog was trying to play with it while it just stood its ground and hissed.

When I was about 13 funnily enough, 13 raccoons showed up to eat cat food from our front porch, meanwhile our Himalayan cat sat on a chair just watching them from a few feet away.

When I was about 16 another one of our cats caught a bird which wasn't uncommon but they brought it into the house still alive and let it go free.

When I was 17 one of our cats learned to catch Gartner snakes and always releases them in the downstairs bathroom. They've also brought in a few live mice and voles.

Bird hit my half-open window a couple of years back and landed on the sill. I gave it a few minutes to try and get back out, but it couldn't, so I grabbed a paper towel, picked up and chucked it back out the window. It flew away happy as you please, but not before taking a crap on the windowsill.

I live out in the country, so wild animals come near the house everyday and night. :mlp_grin:

I've seen a bird fly in the house, had a chicken snake get in once(probably thru the dog door) and the occasional bee will fly in. I keep the doors open a lot when I'm home in the winter to let in the cool breeze.

• Brohoof 1

Aside form a little lizard skittering across my living room carpet, I've never had any animals inside my house. My brother has a theater he's renovating and we found a raccoon-sized furry thing living in a cavity behind some drywall in the crawlspace. We couldn't see enough of it to know what it was, only that it was alive and reacted when we shined flashlights at it. We called animal control and a man came and set a cage-trap down there, but nothing happened. We never saw the animal again and have no idea where it went or how it got out, if it got out. That was a year ago and there's been no sign of it.

• Brohoof 1

My street ends, and the woods begin, not even a quarter mile away. Nothing bigger than a mouse ever got in, (Is it just me, or are mice just cute little guys?) but we get lots of visitors on the property. We get deer, possums, raccoons, squirrels, chipmunks, geese, sometimes ducks (the creek isn't far away) a fox once, and even beavers. Did you know that beavers will run at you if you startle them? Two scared the mess out of me once when they came charging right at me!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...

A wild animal has never found its way into my home but I once found a queen (female cat) and her kittens in my garage.

• Brohoof 1

Okay this is going to make my house sound really bad; (Why am I posting this on the internet)

- 6 Lizards (Crawled from underneath the doors as I live very close to rocks)

Mice (Somehow got into the attic)

- 5 Birds (Came in from the chimney)

Oh, do spiders count? :-D

Edited by Midnight Solace

Other than the random rogue spider, nothing really interesting. Sometimes a silverfish or two when season for 'em hit. I was working at a store some years back  in my early days of college and a bat got inside the store. I tried to protect it and made them swear no one would kill it. It got out, which is good.
Another place I worked at, before college, had a bunch of stray cats that liked to live under the crawlspace of the office. We fed them and they were skiddish, but overall friendly. One of them was really sweet, and the poor thing had only one eye. She'd lost the other one. : (

I stayed at a house in Illinois years and years ago in my youth where raccoons would come right up to the back porch door and beg for food. I've fed a raccoon straight from my hands. They'd bring their babies and everything. Racoon paws are super soft!