Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has a wild animal ever gotten in or near your house?

ggg-2

On 11/22/2018 at 4:46 AM, Snow said:

A bird once or twice, some frogs and a loooot of spiders, too many spiders, though.. they aren't technically animals

I mean, yeah spiders are animals. Arachnids. But I can tell you don't particularly like spiders lol. I like them, they eat a lot of the nastier bugs and other insects. Granted, I'm not too happy if I find a brown recluse in my home, but I do my best to catch them in a cup and put them outside. I consider it bad luck to kill a spider in your home.
The only animals I cannot stand being in my house are mice (disgusting! Rats too!) and cockroaches. (just as disgusting!)

• Brohoof 1

i actually used to feed 2 stray cats that would hang out around my house when i was younger.

jasper and nico. one orange, the other dark brown. they both passed away though.

:[

Edited by Guac

Yep, a Tarantula ended up in our house. :laugh:

Now, I stay in pretty much the exact opposite of a Tarantula's climate. So, how did it end up all the way up here? Well, it was hiding inside a pack of bananas, buried deep within the centre of the bunch. Turns out, the shop we got the bananas from doesn't care to quality-check their own imported fruit. So, we opened the pack of bananas and left them in the kitchen, completely unaware of the stowaway. We didn't actually know about it until the night, when my sister got up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom and... well, screamed the place down.

We all raced in to see what happened, and low and behold, a fully-grown tarantula, drowned in the toilet. :mlp_laugh:

It must've been trying to escape through the bathroom since there was a continuous draft of wind coming from there, which must've guided it there. We lived in a flat, so it didn't have to handle any stairs or anything. 

At least getting rid of it was easy enough. :mlp_laugh:

It looked almost identical to this:

Image result for tarantula

And yes, we got a refund for the bananas. :orly:

Well, a rat got into my garage and my wiener dog hunted it down and wrangled it in his teeth. A few weeks later, some ducks got into our backyard and the same, small weenie dog managed to wrangle one of them. Mind you, this is a short, pure-bred weiner dog with stubby legs. And he caught a rat and a duck. And they’re bred for BADGER hunting. 

There was one time when i was at my grandmother’s house in the Philippines and a snake managed to break in, freaking out my mom and nearly giving my grandmother a heart attack. We ended up wrangling it by squeezing behind its head so that its mouth remains gaped open and we threw it into a potato sack and sold it to the zoo for a couple thousand pesos. We then used that money to go to a fancy restauraunt in downtown Manila. So, yeah, three different animal problems at home. 

6 minutes ago, SnekEater said:

Image result for tarantula

Aww :3 that little guy is so adorable. 

We had a raccoon problem a few years back at my previous house, at least three instances of a family of raccoons nesting in the loft of our garage.  After we moved, we would occasionally encounter skunks in the area, and one of them actually ended up spraying both my dogs once. I can now say with certainty that skunk spray smells like burning rubber. 

• Brohoof 1

A few years ago a squirrel got into my apartment with the balcony door open, which is 11 stories up. They climb up the pigeon netting on the balconies and sometimes have dug through flower pots and even buried a peanut in a planter. 

Live ones? Not many, mice and shrews and other small rodents that the cats have caught. I remember a bat getting into my room when I was young, caught it in a net and released it.

Dead things? The above plus small birds, a rat and, for laughs, yesterday the cat brought in a pigeon :|