Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is The Brony Fandom Still Going Strong?

Leonhart150

Can't Say That I Left The Fandom :adorkable:

Can't say that I left the fandom but just has been absent for few reasons, but I wonder how is the fandoms going on? still strong or a bit shaky? I know I should've been a bit of careful with this topic in particular but it used to be much more before. Did something happen? 

I hope that somepony/someone could fill me in on this one. I really do miss the fandom so much my heart ache at the thought of it. > ~<"

Still I hope of trying to light up this fandom back life as it once were!! > u< 
Doesn't hurt to try now does it? :twi:

• Brohoof 5

Oh hey there! Our fandom isn’t as strong in terms of popularity and the numbers have been declining (but not to the point where we’re dead). To me it seems our fandom seems to be really calm and not too hyper, since all the hype really gave us a bad reputation on the internet. But I don’t think it still too late to join, though. Just be glad that we still have a lot of great content online and still able to find great friends on this site! :ticking:

Also forgot to add add that you can’t really change a person who has left the fandom. It’s really up to them if they keep it official or not. Plenty of us are not casual fans.

Edited by Tylad
  • Brohoof 5

Owh hey there Tylad was about to follow ya! Yeah I do understand about being hyped and all but I think it's not a bad thing it's just some people doesn't like people who like this kind of cute stuff. I understand the feelings tho, still it's almost normal to us like some people loves and get all hyped about Halo. (including me, owh how I crave to don in that armor :wub:) Still people will continue on being people. Good to meet you tho, my name is Leonhart. You can call me Leon for short.  ^^ 

Owh, I do understand that, it's okay, I'm in the same shoes as them to be honest. XD

• Brohoof 1

I can't really say anything spectacular happened. From what I've seen, the fandom has just stagnated since 2015 and is maybe dropping off a bit. We are most likely at the end of times of Generation 4.

• Brohoof 4

I think it all began at Season 3. That season was the shortest and it had a long hiatus. Then there was another long hiatus between S4 and 5. Nearly two years without official pony content. People were bound to leave.

That and it's not so much the fandom shrinking as consolidating. Everypony who's left was just a casual or were in to see what the fuss was about. Now that the hype, the mystique and the controversy have died down, we're ultimately earned our place as just another fandom. We're no longer as bizarre a curiosity and I guess that's a good thing?                        

The one's who remain are the ones who truly care about this show, this fandom and what it all stands for. People still talk. People still watch. People still buy and people still create, even 9 years on.                                                       

• Brohoof 4

I suppose the fandom as dropped in its overall popularity over the last few years, but from what I can tell, it's still strong and an awesome fandom! I still find plenty of fresh fan content and the forums here are still pretty active. There's still plenty of brony fun to be had yet! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

The fandom is nowhere near what it used to be. The popularity of the show was waned as well. Bronycon used to bring in 10,000 visitors easily but now they can barely get in half that. That’s why next year will be the last one. Don’t get me wrong, the fandom is still going strong even with people leaving. New people are discovering the show every day.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I can see that. Well it all lies within the community itself in the end. There are times where it rises and fall. I felt it but I wish I could help on keeping it strong. I do have a story and fanfiction in mind to write when I first joined the fandom but can't express it in a good format. I'm no writer or a good storyteller but I wish I could be the one to pull someone's interest and expand that into an art and stories others will love. Sadly cowardice and uncertainties caused my determination to fade away slowly. TT ~TT" 

Sorry if it's a bit gloomy all of the sudden, it's just another man's regret. Pay no mind to it please. ^ ~^"

• Brohoof 2

Fandoms decline all the time, it's not a bad thing. I prefer that the MLP fandom isn't in the spotlight anymore so no one really bothers us. Even though I'll never get to go to Bronycon, it's not going to be the death of the fanbase.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:42 PM, Esoteric said:

Fandoms decline all the time, it's not a bad thing. I prefer that the MLP fandom isn't in the spotlight anymore so no one really bothers us. Even though I'll never get to go to Bronycon, it's not going to be the death of the fanbase.

God what I would do back then just to go to Bronycon in the past. XD 

Still sure digged up some good memories when I was an active group of Bronies in my country, I got all worked up to build a blog about the OC I'm using now.
Got stuck in life tho, too many people here being too independent to me or some forced me to do their work for them.

Life's just ain't gonna go easy on me. Heck, I reckon on any of us. > ~<"

• Brohoof 1

Who are brony and who are just a mlp fan? Im confused, which i am. I draw ponies and craft them, listen music (bronies are very good at electronics and not so good at metal) But with all those 5 years i have not make any brony friend, almost nobody not ansver my posts on forums and chats. Im like a real fan but not feel like im part of community.

• 1 year later...