Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will G5 be anything BUT a TV series?

FirePuppy

People just aren't watching shows on live TV anymore as much as they used to, mainly because of digital streaming.

If this is true, G5 could end up as a digital series, rather than a TV series.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

People just aren't watching shows on live TV anymore as much as they used to, mainly because of digital streaming.

on the other hand, it could completely lack a tv show, like generation 2 did, and just be the toyline.

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

uwot? I heavily doubt it's going to be digital only. It doesn't seem like Hasbro thing to do right now. I might be completely wrong, but who knows since this is just purely speculation.

The complexion of TV viewing is changing so I won't be surprised if G5 becomes a streaming-only show. People like to binge their shows, and regular seasons on TV are becoming less 'regular' these days with one half of a season separated by months of waiting before we get the second half. And there are less episodes per season nowadays than in older series'. I think the writing is on the wall here, whether that's a good thing or not.

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The complexion of TV viewing is changing so I won't be surprised if G5 becomes a streaming-only show. People like to binge their shows, and regular seasons on TV are becoming less 'regular' these days with one half of a season separated by months of waiting before we get the second half. And there are less episodes per season nowadays than in older series'. I think the writing is on the wall here, whether that's a good thing or not.

I agree. People are losing Discovery Family, and of course, if it hadn't been for Litton Freaking Entertainment, we'd have MLP on Saturday mornings on TV many people can actually afford.

• 1 year later...