FirePuppy

Will G5 be anything BUT a TV series?

People just aren't watching shows on live TV anymore as much as they used to, mainly because of digital streaming.

If this is true, G5 could end up as a digital series, rather than a TV series.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

That's kinda true.

MLP will never be the same again. :(

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Let's just hope for the best of the Gen 5

• teacup 1

Badges

Hah hah, maybe Hasbro will start their own streaming service, to compete with Disney and all the others...

6 minutes ago, Hardway Bet said:

Hah hah, maybe Hasbro will start their own streaming service, to compete with Disney and all the others...

I hope not!

I can't afford 10£ a week for shitty streaming

1 hour ago, Sherbert MGS said:

Lets hope that G5 isn't Netflix exclusive

I don't care if it becomes a Netflix exclusive; I'm abandoning TV shows anyway after MLP is done.

Badges

4 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I don't care if it becomes a Netflix exclusive; I'm abandoning TV shows anyway after MLP is done.

TV serieses are way higer quality than most online series though

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

People just aren't watching shows on live TV anymore as much as they used to, mainly because of digital streaming.

on the other hand, it could completely lack a tv show, like generation 2 did, and just be the toyline.

Badges

8 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

uwot? I heavily doubt it's going to be digital only. It doesn't seem like Hasbro thing to do right now. I might be completely wrong, but who knows since this is just purely speculation.

Just a cartoon?

I doubt Hasbro would allow that

"Merchandising ...it's where the real money is made" Yoghurt

Badges

Sometimes I kept wondering why we can't just pay for the channels that we want to watch, instead of paying for the channels that we don't watch anyway.

Badges

The complexion of TV viewing is changing so I won't be surprised if G5 becomes a streaming-only show. People like to binge their shows, and regular seasons on TV are becoming less 'regular' these days with one half of a season separated by months of waiting before we get the second half. And there are less episodes per season nowadays than in older series'. I think the writing is on the wall here, whether that's a good thing or not.

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The complexion of TV viewing is changing so I won't be surprised if G5 becomes a streaming-only show. People like to binge their shows, and regular seasons on TV are becoming less 'regular' these days with one half of a season separated by months of waiting before we get the second half. And there are less episodes per season nowadays than in older series'. I think the writing is on the wall here, whether that's a good thing or not.

I agree. People are losing Discovery Family, and of course, if it hadn't been for Litton Freaking Entertainment, we'd have MLP on Saturday mornings on TV many people can actually afford.

Badges

Just post it on YT. It would fit right in among all of those Spiderman x Elsa videos.  But seriously, they shouldn't bother with TV. They will though. It's H-Bro.

Badges

I don't know why G5 wouldn't be a TV series. Sure, its series premiere will be a theatrical film, but after that will be a series.