Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a pony NPC

Yashiru

Its a genius joke. Its afflicted with politics. Meaning you just cant think for yourself. Like example. I have an opinion, thats valifying it. If you just repeat other people without actually trying to give reasons for it... Then you are an NPC. Its pretty good clever joke. Gotta hand it to those people.

large.png

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Humanity Is Good said:

Yeah, that's human nature! Hardwired into the brain. Even those who go around calling people NPCs indulge in those behaviors.

Not as much as left wingers in US politics nowadays. Like Right wingers atleast clarifies why. Left wingers tends to just... jump on a train. So its more of a good joke when they dont bother clarifying issues and point

Just now, Yashiru said:

Not as much as left wingers in US politics nowadays. Like Right wingers atleast clarifies why. Left wingers tends to just... jump on a train. So its more of a good joke when they dont bother clarifying issues and point 

Ah, but If you look on right wing forums and watch things like the "Unite The Right" event, you'll see a loooot of the exact same behavior!

• Brohoof 1

Ah, but If you look on right wing forums and watch things like the "Unite The Right" event, you'll see a loooot of the exact same behavior!

Well i'll admit sheep behavior is a thing. But the thing is... even if some are sheep you can still clarify. Why do you vote this?. Why are you for this?. Thing is i dont see right wingers saying "Everyone who dont agree with me is a communist". They tend to clarify issues like "ok here is why we think this and that" so its why its more an appopriate jokes for left wingers in modern political climate.

Just now, Yashiru said:

Well i'll admit sheep behavior is a thing. But the thing is... even if some are sheep you can still clarify. Why do you vote this?. Why are you for this?. Thing is i dont see right wingers saying "Everyone who dont agree with me is a communist". They tend to clarify issues like "ok here is why we think this and that" so its why its more an appopriate jokes for left wingers in modern political climate.

I see what you're saying.

Hey! If you're really into that meme, a youtuber named "Argent" has a few interesting things to say about it if you want to go check it out! I think you'll like his channel.

• Brohoof 1

I see what you're saying.

Hey! If you're really into that meme, a youtuber named "Argent" has a few interesting things to say about it if you want to go check it out! I think you'll like his channel.

I found it out by a random comment, and The Truth Factory on youtube. I've moved over to BitChute alternative uploading site to upload stuff. But i think its a good meme though.

Just now, Yashiru said:

I found it out by a random comment, and The Truth Factory on youtube. I've moved over to BitChute alternative uploading site to upload stuff. But i think its a good meme though.

BitChute huh? I think I wanna check that out. What about "Minds"? I've heard a little about it... but I also know nothing about it.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Humanity Is Good said:

BitChute huh? I think I wanna check that out. What about "Minds"? I've heard a little about it... but I also know nothing about it.

I have it. Its not bad, but not many friends or relatives i know use it. So i use Facebook mainly. But its a good alternartive Social media site. It would be good though if it can get corporations to get less monopoly for whatever they wish to control like Facebook is, in terms of open ideas and freedom of expression and challenges that they wanna tell what you can or cannot say. So for that Minds.com is a nice alternative

Edited by Yashiru

oh goody, one of these threads

what could possibly go wrong?

joking aside, i am not really an npc so to speak since im not really uhh, left wing. (According to 8values, i am a libertarian capitalist, although if you wanna get into speculation im a full on anarchist). Granted i do subscribe to some schools of thought of left and right wing, i at least try to do research on my beliefs.

that being said, i usually avoid politics since it doesnt exactly have the key to a healthy mindset

• Brohoof 3

I feel like an NPC outside of the house, like someone programmed me to have a specific routine and I sit at home, waiting for the routine to kick in again.  I definitely feel like an NPC at work though, it almost feels like everyone at work is some sort of NPC to be honest...

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I feel like an NPC outside of the house, like someone programmed me to have a specific routine and I sit at home, waiting for the routine to kick in again.  I definitely feel like an NPC at work though, it almost feels like everyone at work is some sort of NPC to be honest...

I am an NPC when i jog. Everyday. So i am guilty of that sometimes. Though the human mind is different i guess to routines. But yeah sometimes i can feel like an NPC in terms of routines :mlp_grin:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Yashiru said:

I am an NPC when i jog. Everyday. So i am guilty of that sometimes. Though the human mind is different i guess to routines. But yeah sometimes i can feel like an NPC in terms of routines :mlp_grin:

The human mind is weird, isn't it?  Routines tend to make people comfortable but it's good to step out of that sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Thuja said:

The human mind is weird, isn't it?  Routines tend to make people comfortable but it's good to step out of that sometimes.

Yeah i agree. Learning new stuff is just a good way to try to keep an open mind. So i agree to that. Though when it comes to certain food, no way. But in terms of open to ideas i agree.

• Brohoof 1

But being perfunctory is not really what the NPC meme makes fun of.

It makes fun of what is illustrated in the comic. Moralizing and preaching talking points just because, and insisting that nobody challenges them.

Think...about...it...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Vatista said:

everyone else is NPC except you yourself because you control yourself so everyone else is irrelevant to you so they might as well be NPCs by that logic. Everyone is the main character of their own life

Well to explain it, one example if i were to say "Unicorns are evil" and you ask me "why?". No answer or actual argument for why i think so. Thats an NPC. Its very simple joke concept. It just means that you are more or less unable to think for yourself when expressing opinions on something

Edited by Yashiru

1 minute ago, Yashiru said:

Well to explain it, one example if i were to say "Unicorns are evil" and you ask me "why?". No answer or actual argument for why i think so. Thats an NPC. Its very simple joke concept. It just means that you are more or less unable to think for yourself when expressing opinions on something

yeah im not really that much into the meme culture or memes in general, so i approached the topic from that perspective and I think that its pretty interesting concept when looking it from there.

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Mohawk Blaze said:

NPC memes are fun. I should get my OC redrawn with an NPC face, just because I feel like one sometimes lol.

Wish granted.

kBe7MiB.png

I try to avoid (or at least I would like to think that I do) holding particular beliefs simply because of others parroting. But with finite time and/or interest, I expect I am more likely to be NPC-like for things I do not particularly care about (though because I do not care about them I am less likely to go on preaching about them) and have other people worry about those things, whereas I am more likely to take the time to thoroughly understand things that I do particularly care about.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 3

A brief history for you all. While /pol/ quickly adopted this meme because it fit the blue hairs so well and generated a massive amount of butthurt, it it not necessarily politically partisan. There are plenty of right wing people out there that would fall under this category as well. This screencap is widely regarded to be the origin of the NPC meme, which I believe was originally a post on /x/.

87f.jpg.83ec8f3bea4210f20951874896c10303.jpg

The left has tried, with minor success, to flip it, but /pol/ with it's unlimited collective time, weaponized autism, and general tendency to be dicks, always stays far ahead of them.

1986068796_Npcmemesaregettingdeep_edf425_6774739.thumb.jpg.612b5ecbce50dd20a3bf0b043e915f07.jpg

649c4ZJ.png.15052902e9e15f8f92b23e0785ebd11a.png

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 3