Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2018 US Mid-Term Elections Chat Thread

Jeric

If I were living in the U.S. or were an American citizen--I am neither of these--I would vote for the Democrat candidates though I would be weary of the ones who refer to themselves as progressives. There's something about them that makes me feel a bit uneasy. Anyway, the current government needs to be held accountable so allowing the other side one of the chambers of congress would allow for checking in order to prevent any abuse of power.

Without disclosing any names, my local area has a corrupt organization that is taking advantage of my neighbors. I voted for some candidates that promise to help us shut the company down.

• Brohoof 1

Praying that this thread does not end badly

Today was my first time voting in midterm elections! It felt great. Massachusetts is interesting as we are pretty staunchly left-wing but have a Republican governor. I'm intrigued to see how the Trump presidency affects these elections :huh:

• Brohoof 4

I'm Canadian, so I can't really vote in the US election. :P If I could though, I'd most likely vote republican. In Canada, I generally vote for the Conservative party. Well, I would have if there'd been a federal election since I turned 18. lolz. A vote that is coming up for me though is a plebiscite on whether or not my city should make a bid for the 2026 Olympics. I'm planning on voting in favour of that.

If your're an American though, please vote today! The polls aren't open for too much longer!

7 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I voted for the first time ever, and I'm 19 years old. I'm in North Carolina. The voting was better than I imagined, and the staff were really nice and helpful. Anyways, I voted for all Conservatives. There were also many amendments on by ballet I voted for, and I basically voted yes for all of them. The only one I can recall of the top of my head right now is that is was something about giving people the right to hunt wild animals like deer or something like that, so I definitely voted yes for that one.

Congrats on voting! I felt so weird when I voted for the first time. It was just in a local election though.

• Brohoof 3

23 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Anyone else watching a live stream of the result. Currently watching TYT coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DUJLc52Kw

Heh. I actually watch them from time to time. Can only take them in small doses though, even if I can see their point. OF COURSE!

I'm just updating the main page of cnn but I may jump on and chat. 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Looks like the Republicans are winning. Not entirely surprised by that.

Depends on what you mean by winning. Florida is surprising me right now. Gillum is leading and Nelson is doing a LOT stronger against Scott than I expected. 

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Depends on what you mean by winning. Florida is surprising me right now. Gillum is leading and Nelson is doing a LOT stronger against Scott than I expected. 

For the House and Senate.

Looks like Scott will unseat Nelson and all my Amendments I voted for are passing. The vaping one is weird though. We had an Amendment that would ban offshore drilling but also ban indoor vaping. That was a stroke of genius. Talk about political fuckery. 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Looks like Scott will unseat Nelson and all my Amendments I voted for are passing.

Congrats. Treat yourself to a Publix sub as a celebration. Shame about your lad Gillum though.

15 minutes ago, Jeric said:

We had an Amendment that would ban offshore drilling but also ban indoor vaping.

Literally pic related lol. :D

Two-Buttons.thumb.jpg.37b4265dd669061bd9b678be8f63d44b.jpg

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

I’m a libertarian myself, though I’m just barely too young to vote. I’ll be voting in 2020 for sure, though! :D 

Same here. Voted all Libertarian and Constitution party for state spots. Anything Federal I voted Republican 

• Brohoof 2