Sign in to follow this  
FirePuppy

Why aren't any of G1 through G3 available on iTunes?

Sure, everything from G1, G1.5 (in the case of Tales) and G3 are available on DVD, but not on iTunes? Come on!

G1 is currently airing on Kabillion, where Sonic X, previously owned by the now defunct 4Kids TV, is also there.

Badges

Maybe iTunes doesn't have G1 to G3 because Apple thinks it's old and not many ponies watch it. 

Badges

10 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

Maybe iTunes doesn't have G1 to G3 because Apple thinks it's old and not many ponies watch it. 

What are you, kidding? Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Littles, Inspector Gadget, and The Real Ghostbusters are all 80s shows, and they're all available on iTunes!

Badges

10 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

What are you, kidding? Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Littles, Inspector Gadget, and The Real Ghostbusters are all 80s shows, and they're all available on iTunes!

What I mean by that is that MLP at that time wasn't so popular. Believe me, I never heard of it until my sister introduced me to it. :twi:

Badges

It comes down to Hasbro; in the end. Either the demand just isn't there, or Hasbro has other reasons for not putting it there.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:38 AM, Midnight Solace said:

What I mean by that is that MLP at that time wasn't so popular. Believe me, I never heard of it until my sister introduced me to it. :twi:

MLP was very popular back then, albeit primarily with little girls and toddlers. The other classics they listed are boy/neutral cartoons, which tend to have a wider appeal, especially back then. 

4 hours ago, Khoufu said:

MLP was very popular back then, albeit primarily with little girls and toddlers. The other classics they listed are boy/neutral cartoons, which tend to have a wider appeal, especially back then. 

Not as popular as it is now though, that's why the G4 stuff are on iTunes.

Badges

On 11/11/2018 at 6:41 PM, Midnight Solace said:

Not as popular as it is now though, that's why the G4 stuff are on iTunes.

Are you talking about G1/80's ponies not being popular in the 80's?

Just out of curiosity how old were you in the 1980's?

Plus I don't think you're right if you're talking G1, hell I remember watching an MTV special once about the 80's and MLP was one of the toys they talked about being popular in one of the episodes. Out of all the toys from the 80's I don't see them choosing an unpopular toy to promote the 80's on a show about what was popular in the 80's.

Maybe it’s because there’s no demand for previous generations of ponies right now. Until not long ago, G3 ponies were in Netflix, but since the contract renewal, they have been removed and there’s no sign of coming back. I only saw A Very Minty Christmas  :laugh:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Badges

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

Maybe it’s because there’s no demand for previous generations of ponies right now. Until not long ago, G3 ponies were in Netflix, but since the contract renewal, they have been removed and there’s no sign of coming back. I only saw A Very Minty Christmas  :laugh:

Exactly what I was trying to say. :mlp_smug:

Badges

Who would actually watch it? I know G1 is super rad even for it's time, but G3 it is an entirely different show altogether.

Badges