Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Top Ten Most Hated MLP Episodes

PurpleWonderPower

1 - Friendship University

2092876280_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.282bfb2380ea4ecb6daa871a5bb12187.png

Friendship University is an episode I just LOVE to hate. I could write an entire essay on all the reasons I hate this episode. For starters, Flim and Flam are completely out of character. They act so mean and nasty and cruel, and even blackmail Twilight, which is something Flim and Flam would never do. Flim and Flam, despite being con artists, are actually really nice and friendly, and they would never be so cruel. Also, their vocabulary is are tacky as can be. Flim and Flam are professional showponies with elaborate speech and fancy vocabulary ranges. In this episode, their speech is so messy and teenager style, which is not how Flim and Flam talk. Also, Flim and Flam running a School of Friendship, and teaching friendship lessons to ponies!? Who the heck came up with that mad, ridiculous, twisted idea!? And their scam was just so pathetic and simple compared to the genius masterminded schemes they have previously performed, making them seem like a pair of idiots instead of mastermind tricksters.

Starswirl and Neighsay made me absolutely furious, too, and to top it off, where the heck is Applejack!? Since when do Flim and Flam appear without Applejack? And not only is Twilight in AJ's place, but Twilight and the FlimFlam Brothers somehow seem to know each other perfectly, even though they've never even met each other, they've only ever seen each other once, years ago at cider season, and hearing Twilight speak directly to Flim and Flam just sounds so wrong.

It just makes me so mad to see the best characters in the show ruined like that. 99% of the stuff Flim and Flam do in this episode is stuff Flim and Flam would never do. The other 1% would probably be the bit where they do those dramatic gasps and start overdramatically pouting. That's literally it.

2 - Shadow Play

1134789145_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.3e9baf4d6e51b4460fcc14ce9576257a.png

Shadow Play was absolutely awful. The first half had absolutely appalling execution, it was WAY too rushed. Finding mysterious artefacts scattered and hidden by ancient ponies should take ages! They basically did it in a heartbeat, and there was absolutely no substance to it whatsoever! I kind of liked seeing Garble again, but even that was way too rushed. And as for the second half, I have an ENORMOUS complaint about the backstories. Apparently Starswirl the Bearded planted the Tree of Harmony? No! I'm not standing for that! The Tree of Harmony is the root of all Equestria's friendship, and we all know that Starswirl didn't DO friendship, so he couldn't have possibly planted the Tree. And Celestia and Luna being Starswirl's pupils was just an outrage. I did like the flashback of the Pillars battling the Dazzlings, but even that was rushed.

Also, Starswirl. He was a massive disappointment. All throughout the series, he is proclaimed as the wisest wizard there ever was, but he turned out to be an arrogant, stuck-up jerk who doesn't have an ounce of kindness, or ever listen to anypony but himself. Bad episode. Bad characters. Bad backstories.

3 - Horse Play

970821711_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.ac1a0fc63bae13e79fe436125e5fed1a.png

Horse Play was one of the most mortifying and OOC episodes in the series. Seriously, what was the point of it? To see Celestia make a fool of herself onstage in a little kid's performance, and is apparantly too dumb to know she is a bad actress!? Seriously? That's just SO not the Princess Celestia she is! Celestia used to be a wise, regal teacher who is caring and knows what's right, but in this episode, she acts like an immature little kid who doesn't know anything! No! I'm not having that!

4 - Somepony To Watch Over Me

2131969538_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.53390b8f9089027a8cf6bef1211480b5.png

Somepony To Watch Over Me was the abomination of Season 4, and I was absolutely disgusted at what the makers did to Applejack. She was SO out of character it was awful. Applejack is the most mature and together pony in the Mane 6, she would never act like such a brainless idiot, mollycoddling Apple Bloom so ridiculously. Sure, she's always been protective of Apple Bloom, and that's good, because that's what big sisters are for, but this was just outrageous. She treated Apple Bloom like a baby, what with pillows on rakes and baby cot sides to her bed. Absolutely ridiculous, and Applejack is way too smart and mature to be so ridiculously overprotective. It's like she doesn't even have a brain.

5 - Father Knows Beast

134364891_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.42b30d51a3dee09f81f0ccadb6f65355.png

This was another of Season 8's abominations. For starters, it was just Dragon Quest all over again, what with Spike thinking that just because he is a dragon, he has to act like one, and for some reason, it's like Dragon Quest never even happened. Spike learned at the end of Dragon Quest: 

"Seeing the great dragon migration made me wonder what it meant to be a dragon. But now I realize that who I am is not the same as what I am. I may have been born a dragon, but Equestria and my pony friends have taught me how to be kind, loyal, and true! I'm proud to call Ponyville my home, and to have my pony friends as my family."

Which seems to have been completely forgotten.

Sludge was one of the worst characters ever, too, in fact, probably the worst character since Zesty Gourmand. And why the heck do Spike and the Mane 6 believe him just like that, when it is so clearly a badly-thought-out ruse? And one thing that really got on my nerves was when Twilight said Spike isn't supposed to be any different than who he is, and Spike says "Perhaps you just don't like how I have a REAL parent now." How DARE Spike say something like that!? Twilight raised him like a son, and is responsible for making him who he is today! Either he's got a very bad case of amnesia, or the episode was just a barrelful of copycat plots and errors. The latter, definitely.

6 - Uncommon Bond

2071566799_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.ad467c8c42ba536213a660287006ad56.png

Uncommon Bond was pointless, substanceless and terrible. I hated the idea of Sunburst getting along better with Twilight, Trixie and Maud better than Starlight, which not only ruined Starlight's bond with Sunburst for me, but also Starlight's bond with Trixie and Maud. The "real life" board game was terrible too. There was absolutely no point to this episode other than to ruin friendships for the viewers.

7 - Honest Apple

984531268_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.7bd11274d22b215f1204b50e1a55a63b.png

Honest Apple was absolutely terrible, and I can't stand how they made it out that Applejack was the one in the wrong. Rarity never should have chosen Applejack as a fashion judge just because she is honest, and it was not fair how she accused Applejack of ruining her show. I know that "Honesty can be hurtful" is a common moral in TV shows, but that is when people are just brutally honest all the time, not thinking about anyone's feelings, whethers Applejack was a fashion judge, so she didn't have the CHOICE to keep quiet and protect their feelings. She HAD to make her opinion, and all she did was do EXACTLY what Rarity asked her to do, and it's perfectly understandable that she would focus on function rather than fashion, because that is what Applejack does and knows how to do. She doesn't know anything about fashion, or how to judge it, or what to judge it on, or what you're supposed to judge as good or bad.

Maybe she shouldn't have said fashion was ridiculous in front of the ponies, but to be honest, if I was stuck doing something I didn't understand one bit, and had gotten as confused and frustrated as Applejack had, I'd probably blow my fuse and say it was ridiculous, too. Honestly, if someone said to me "Does this outfit capture not so much the bird's song, but how the wind carries the tune of the bird's song? ", I'd just think "WHAT!?".

Also, I didn't think Strawberry Sundae mirrored Applejack at all. All Applejack did was criticize the function of the outfits (which was exactly what Rarity asked her to do, need I remind), whethers Strawberry Sundae was just flat out insulting her, acting cocky, sarcastic and just downright rude, which is most certainly not anything close to what Applejack did.

8 - The School Daze

1391451476_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.15aac897f2c52d2bff6e94777ee0f802.png

The School Daze was absolutely awful. There was next to nothing in it that was worth watching. A School of Friendship is just about the worst idea in all the history of worst ideas, and it made it even worse with Twilight ruining it by following the EEA rule book and not letting anypony have fun or be themselves. Chancellor Neighsay was just the jerkiest jerk of all the jerkiest jerks too, and the only pony who seemed to have an ounce of intelligence was Starlight Glimmer. Not even Princess Celestia. The songs were utterly tacky, too. The only part I liked was the clip where Ocellus disguised herself as Rarity and fooled Fluttershy. That was literally it. The only thing I liked about that boring, meaningless, not-even-worth-watching episode.

9 - Simple Ways

340200608_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.1f6162a9a0290497e3526dc9bd63a00a.png

Simple Ways was cringy and sickening, and Trenderhoof was just one of the worst characters ever. The way he just latched onto Applejack and followed her everywhere, constantly flirting her up when she was SO CLEARLY not interested in him just made me throw up. He just wouldn't seem to take no for an answer. And it makes me furious to see someone flirting up Applejack who isn't Flim. And that part when he says that poem and cups Applejack's chin just made me go "Oh, GAGGG! " Plus, the episode completely ruined Sparity for me, Rarity having a crush on such a sickening character and being completely oblivious to Spike's feelings. Apple Jewel was rather pretty, but that was the only thing I liked in the whole episode.

10 - A Royal Problem

1035788276_VivaLasPegsus.thumb.png.3c583728882179cac4c61319d0652117.png

A Royal Problem was terrible. For starters, I didn't like how Starlight got called on by the Cutie Map. I liked how the Cutie Map was a thing shared between the Mane 6. Also, don't get me started on how OOC Celestia and Luna were, how they would bicker an snipe at each other like a pair of spoiled brats, even doing the whole "Hah! I was right and she was wrong! " thing. They're princesses! Princesses! They act like arrogant and immature brats who don't even know how to behave! Twilight was a total jerk in it too, and Twilight used to be one of my favourite characters. Plus, the entire episode revolves around mistakes, the main one being: Celestia already knows what it's like to be Luna! I mean, what about Luna's thousand-year banishment, and Celestia took on Luna's duties herself? Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes, that's all this episode is.

Edited by PurpleWonderPower
  • Brohoof 5

I actually really enjoy a bunch of those episodes. Somepony to Watch Over Me is really bad though, Father Knows Beast is a retread of Dragon Quest that just doesn't feel necessary, and Honest Apple rubs me the wrong way.

I'd personally keep them on the list but replace the rest with stuff like Mare-Do-Well, Applejack's "Day" Off, and Newbie Dash.

• Brohoof 6

Here's my Top 10 Most Stupid Episodes, from most freaking disgusting to least useless:

1. The Break Up Break Down (WTF??? Pinkie Pie should've been there!)
  2. The Hearth's Warming Club (UGH!!! >:()
  3. Applejack's Day Off
  4. The Cart Before the Ponies
  5. What Lies Beneath (What is with these Pinkie Pie-less episodes we're getting?!?)
  6. Yakity-Sax (Worst Pinkie Pie episode at all)
  7. The End in Friend
  8. Non-Compete Clause
  9. To Change a Changeling
  10. The Maud Couple
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Here's my Top 10 Most Stupid Episodes, from most freaking disgusting to least useless:

1. The Break Up Break Down (WTF??? Pinkie Pie should've been there!)
  2. The Hearth's Warming Club (UGH!!! >:() 
  3. Applejack's Day Off
  4. The Cart Before the Ponies
  5. What Lies Beneath (What is with these Pinkie Pie-less episodes we're getting?!?)
  6. Yakity-Sax (Worst Pinkie Pie episode at all) 
  7. The End in Friend
  8. Non-Compete Clause
  9. To Change a Changeling
  10. The Maud Couple

You really disliked The Hearth's Warming Club? Yeah, that's not something I can agree with.

@PurpleWonderPower I can feel the bias radiating off of this in waves and because of that I'm changing the title to MY top ten most hated mlp episodes.

• Brohoof 3

It's biased because it happens to be based on a singular opinionated perspective. Media is subjective and others tend to see it from different angles to one another. Not everyone is going to hate Father Knows Beast, for example.

Whilst I can loosely comprehend why you dislike many of these episodes, I also feel that some of your reasoning comes off as somewhat flimsy or based on personal interpretations. I respect your hatred of Friendship University, but a good bulk of your argument comes off as favorite pony (ponies) preference as opposed to more well-rounded criticism, which I feel damages the validity of some of your explanations. Perhaps further explain why you love Flim and Flam to the extent that you do before you contrast it against your interpretation of them as mischaracterized in FU? 

As for the 'Flim and Flam are Applejack's adversaries' point, that's more down to personal perception. AJ was the main point of interaction between the M6 and the duo for the majority of their previous appearances, but I honestly don't mind that they're being poised against a different roster of characters provided that the writers can stem compelling conflicts from this. AJ was a foil for the two, yes, but that doesn't mean that they're shackled to interacting with her in every appearance.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

2 minutes ago, PurpleWonderPower said:

Since when does my page have anything to do with the fandom? This is my page, with my opinions, my top ten least favourite episodes, nothing else. 

Nothing at all, it's just about the redaction, as you just wrote, this is a topic about your top ten episodes and other users come to add theirs. The original title was more general, as if we could discuss which were the most hated episodes on average.

1 minute ago, DonMaguz said:

Nothing at all, it's just about the redaction, as you just wrote, this is a topic about your top ten episodes and other users come to add theirs. The original title was more general, as if we could discuss which were the most hated episodes on average.

Oh, right. I didn't notice that. Sorry about that.

I really like half of these episodes! I enjoy "Friendship University," "Horse Play," "Father Knows Beast," "School Daze," and "A Royal Problem" quite a bit. The other half aren't the ones I hate the most, but I don't really enjoy them either. 

Here are the episodes I hate most:

• "The Show Stoppers" - I find the Cutie Mark Crusaders really annoying in this. 
  • "Over a Barrel" - Whitewashes some important and generally quite dark history into a stupid cartoon where everyone just needs to learn to get along. Asinine. 
  • "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" - I find this mean-spirited and hypocritical. I feel several scenes here just exist to humiliate Rainbow Dash.
  • "Games Ponies Play" - I find the misunderstanding plot in this one contrived to the point of annoyance. 
  • "Magical Mystery Cure" - I really don't like how Twilight becoming a princess was pulled off, so the emotional tone makes me really angry. It also doesn't make very much sense, and the songs get exhausting after a while. 
  • "Tanks for the Memories" - It feels condescending and nonsensical to have the stages of grief expressed by way of a pet going into hybernation. If the show has to sink so low to communicate these ideas, then it really shouldn't even try. 
  • "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?" - I find this hacky. Most of the imagery is rehashed and most of the jokes are terrible. The action is pretty bland, and it completely underutilizes Luna's anguish, just to resolve it in a borderline-offensive manner. 
  • "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows" - I remember finding this incredibly repetitive on my first viewing. 
  • "Hard to Say Anything" - There's just something lazy about this. Everyone acts badly in it, and we're supposed to find that funny or charming or something when it's just kinda unpleasant and boring. 
  • "Non-Compete Clause" - Endless tedious bickering, and for some reason Rainbow Dash and Applejack seem to have lost any sort of good sense they once had. Super boring. 

I don't have too many episodes that I absolutely hate.

What About Discord?: This episodes is infuriating on many levels. It feels like a slap in the face to Twilight fans. She's trying to find out why her friends would be friends with Discord after everything that he's done. They refused to say what they did that weekend and just repeat the same in-jokes the entire time and tell Twilight, "You had to be there to get it".  I'm sorry but you don't do that to one of your friends. The writers completely messed up on trying to make Twilight seem jealous. She felt left out and crapped on by her friends who were acting OOC. It felt very mean spirited towards Twilight just to prop up Discord's comedy relief. Discord was not trying to teach her a lesson. It was so he could be mean to her. No to mention, after Discord reveals that he manipulated all of them to do this to Twilight, they didn't care. Some friends.

Magical Mystery Cure: I don't hate this episode. I'm just disappointed that this had so much potential to have great build up to Twilight ascending to be a Princess. Instead, it was a rush job by Hasbro to release the new Princess Twilight toys before working on the Equestria Girls movie. This is what happens when you concentrate on profit instead of the product and process. This should have been a two or three part episode. Make the viewer believe that she deserves to be a Princess instead of just being handed to her. At least they revealed the book at the end of The Crystal Empire, I'll give them that. The ball was completely dropped on this episode. It could have been so great but it failed and left so many plot holes you could see right through it. How did the Apple Farm turn to crap with Pinkie there? What happened to the other Granny Smith, Applebloom, and Mig Mac?

Father Knows Beast: An episode that slaps Spike in the face and regresses him to being an idiot. A random dragon crashes in Ponyville who just so happens to knows who Spike is and that he lives in a castle. You could drive a truck through the holes in this plot. If Spike wasn't portrayed as being stupid, then the "plot" would collapse upon itself.  But Spike has to be dumb enough to believe that this random dragon is his dad without question, think being his salve is how a father treats his son, and forgetting what he already learned before about being a dragon. Lets not forget that Spike pretty much spits in Twilight's face when she tries to help him. I don't know who's worse, Sludge or Spike.

Princess Spike: This one I do hate. Its boring, predictable, and cringe-worthy. Unfortunately, most Spike-centered episodes are like this. He's reduced to being an idiot and being self-centered which all backfires on him in the end. The episode could have been resolved in the first two minutes. Close all the doors and windows and put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Problem solved. Instead we get Spike lying, scheming, and thinking only of himself.

Non-Compete Clause: Way to repeat the Fall Weather Friends episodes but make it worse. At least in that episode, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were having a friendly competition that they admit that they took to far. In this, they bicker with each other just so that they could get the students to vote for them to be teacher of the month. Way to reduce the characters to their season 1 personalities. These two would never act like this, especially when putting the lives of the students in danger.  And they never own up to it or apologize. Way to be honest and loyal.

Yakity-Sax: I think most agree that this is a horrible episode. Not to mention a bad lesson to teach children. If you enjoy doing something but your friends tell you that you suck at it, drop everything in your life and move away. What??

Spike At Your Service: This has to be the dumbest Spike episode ever written. It’s a slap in the face to any Spike fan. Up until this episode, Spike had shown himself to be very competent at what he does. But this episode treats him like a moron who trips over his own shadow.  

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 4

My Top Ten Least Favorite episodes of MLP:FiM are:

1. What About Discord?
  2. Ponyville Cofidential
  3. Putting Your Hoof Down
  4. Discordant Harmony
  5. The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows
  6. A Friend In Deed
  7. Flutter Brutter 
  8. Non-Compete Clause
  9. Fluttershy Leans In
  10. Fake It Til You Make It
  • Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I don't have too many episodes that I absolutely hate.

What About Discord?: This episodes is infuriating on many levels. It feels like a slap in the face to Twilight fans. She's trying to find out why her friends would be friends with Discord after everything that he's done. They refused to say what they did that weekend and just repeat the same in-jokes the entire time and tell Twilight, "You had to be there to get it".  I'm sorry but you don't do that to one of your friends. The writers completely messed up on trying to make Twilight seem jealous. She felt left out and crapped on by her friends who were acting OOC. It felt very mean spirited towards Twilight just to prop up Discord's comedy relief. Discord was not trying to teach her a lesson. It was so he could be mean to her. No to mention, after Discord reveals that he manipulated all of them to do this to Twilight, they didn't care. Some friends.

Magical Mystery Cure: I don't hate this episode. I'm just disappointed that this had so much potential to have great build up to Twilight ascending to be a Princess. Instead, it was a rush job by Hasbro to release the new Princess Twilight toys before working on the Equestria Girls movie. This is what happens when you concentrate on profit instead of the product and process. This should have been a two or three part episode. Make the viewer believe that she deserves to be a Princess instead of just being handed to her. At least they revealed the book at the end of The Crystal Empire, I'll give them that. The ball was completely dropped on this episode. It could have been so great but it failed and left so many plot holes you could see right through it. How did the Apple Farm turn to crap with Pinkie there? What happened to the other Granny Smith, Applebloom, and Mig Mac?

Father Knows Beast: An episode that slaps Spike in the face and regresses him to being an idiot. A random dragon crashes in Ponyville who just so happens to knows who Spike is and that he lives in a castle. You could drive a truck through the holes in this plot. If Spike wasn't portrayed as being stupid, then the "plot" would collapse upon itself.  But Spike has to be dumb enough to believe that this random dragon is his dad without question, think being his salve is how a father treats his son, and forgetting what he already learned before about being a dragon. Lets not forget that Spike pretty much spits in Twilight's face when she tries to help him. I don't know who's worse, Sludge or Spike.

Princess Spike: This one I do hate. Its boring, predictable, and cringe-worthy. Unfortunately, most Spike-centered episodes are like this. He's reduced to being an idiot and being self-centered which all backfires on him in the end. The episode could have been resolved in the first two minutes. Close all the doors and windows and put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Problem solved. Instead we get Spike lying, scheming, and thinking only of himself.

Non-Compete Clause: Way to repeat the Fall Weather Friends episodes but make it worse. At least in that episode, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were having a friendly competition that they admit that they took to far. In this, they bicker with each other just so that they could get the students to vote for them to be teacher of the month. Way to reduce the characters to their season 1 personalities. These two would never act like this, especially when putting the lives of the students in danger.  And they never own up to it or apologize. Way to be honest and loyal.

Yakity-Sax: I think most agree that this is a horrible episode. Not to mention a bad lesson to teach children. If you enjoy doing something but your friends tell you that you suck at it, drop everything in your life and move away. What??

I agree with everything except Magical Mystery Cure.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

It's biased because it happens to be based on a singular opinionated perspective. Media is subjective and others tend to see it from different angles to one another. Not everyone is going to hate Father Knows Beast, for example.

Whilst I can loosely comprehend why you dislike many of these episodes, I also feel that some of your reasoning comes off as somewhat flimsy or based on personal interpretations. I respect your hatred of Friendship University, but a good bulk of your argument comes off as favorite pony (ponies) preference as opposed to more well-rounded criticism, which I feel damages the validity of some of your explanations. Perhaps further explain why you love Flim and Flam to the extent that you do before you contrast it against your interpretation of them as mischaracterized in FU? 

As for the 'Flim and Flam are Applejack's adversaries' point, that's more down to personal perception. AJ was the main point of interaction between the M6 and the duo for the majority of their previous appearances, but I honestly don't mind that they're being poised against a different roster of characters provided that the writers can stem compelling conflicts from this. AJ was a foil for the two, yes, but that doesn't mean that they're shackled to interacting with her in every appearance.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said anyone else had to agree with me, I just said that these are my opinions. And obviously it is based on personal interpretations, because I am me and these are my opinions. And it has nothing to do with whether I prefer characters. Sure, I love Flim and Flam and all, and that is exactly why I was so furious that they were so out-of-character. I'm not biased in the slightest. And about Applejack being Flim and Flam's main adversary, I'd be fine if the rest of the Mane 6 interacted with Flim and Flam, but what I'm saying is that Twilight seems to know Flim and Flam as well as Applejack does, which she doesn't, because she's never even met them, she only saw them at cider season. She doesn't know them personally, which is why it's so unnatural how she interacts with them as if she knows them so well. If she had gotten to know them in previous episodes, I wouldn't be complaining.

• Brohoof 1

My bottom 10:

10. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

9. Dragon Quest

8. Campfire Tales

7. Three's a Crowd

6. Secrets and Pies

5. Rainbow Falls

4. Shadow Play

3. Crusaders of the Lost Mark

2. Parental Glidance

1. The Mane Attraction

• The topic was locked

Staff changes the titles of topics for various reasons, from SEO to ensuring the title matches the OP contextually. If you disagree with the reasoning behind a title change send a PM rather than creating a public spectacle that benifits no one. If you disagree with the decision renered by a staffer, reach out to Administrator. Let’s get this discussion back on topic pls. Thank you 

• The topic was unlocked
17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Staff changes the titles of topics for various reasons, from SEO to ensuring the title matches the OP contextually.

What does SEO means in this sentence?

As for me, I'd rather have 10 objectively bad, but memorable episodes like most of the ones already mentioned than objectively good episodes that leave no impression on me and therefore are easily forgettable. To me a forgettable episode is worst than a bad episode.

Simply put, there aren't enough bad episodes to me to fill the list.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

Litterally any episode that envoled the CMC... IT just got old fast about getting their cutie marks... 

I didn’t really enjoy any old spike episodes (other then the birthday one) I really only liked a few of Spike episodes in the new seasons. 

Fluttershy episodes were like almost the same thing... BATS WAS A TERRIBLE EPISODE... 

power ponies was pretty bad too.. 

Literally anything after season 4 give and take some episode backwards and forwards were pretty bad. I think MLP has made more bad episodes then good ones.

I actually like all of these episodes, but I understand why you would feel that way. I don't hate any episode of the show, there are just some episodes I find to be noticeably mediocre. My five (ten is a bit too much to me) least favorite episodes that I can think of off the top of my head are The Ticket Master, Boast Busters, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, The Cart Before the Ponies, and Fluttershy Leans In. No episode of the show fills me with genuinely ill feelings like a few did in the past. There's only a share that I find significantly more lackluster than other better episodes. 

• Brohoof 1

Unlike with the favorites list in the other topic, I'll just list the episodes, because I don't feel like grinding my teeth into sawdust today.

1. Fake It 'Til You Make It.
  2. Hard to Say Anything.
  3. Magical Mystery Cure.
  4. The End In Friend. 
  5. Spike at Your Service.
  6. Non-Compete Clause.
  7. Cart Before the Ponies.
  8. What About Discord.
  9. On Your Marks.
  10. Power Ponies.
Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 1

On 11/8/2018 at 11:40 AM, bigbertha said:

My bottom 10:

10. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

9. Dragon Quest

8. Campfire Tales

7. Three's a Crowd

6. Secrets and Pies

5. Rainbow Falls

4. Shadow Play

3. Crusaders of the Lost Mark

2. Parental Glidance

1. The Mane Attraction

I loved an awful lot of those episodes, but I agree with you about Shadow Play and Secrets and Pies, and I respect your opinion on the others.

22 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I actually like all of these episodes, but I understand why you would feel that way. I don't hate any episode of the show, there are just some episodes I find to be noticeably mediocre. My five (ten is a bit too much to me) least favorite episodes that I can think of off the top of my head are The Ticket Master, Boast Busters, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, The Cart Before the Ponies, and Fluttershy Leans In. No episode of the show fills me with genuinely ill feelings like a few did in the past. There's only a share that I find significantly more lackluster than other better episodes. 

I did like Mysterious Mare-Do-Well and The Ticket Master, but I agree with the rest, they were very average.