Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you glad to be a brony/pegasister?

DivineMist1000

I mean, sure. I love this show a lot and, probably, the fandom and its creations even more so.

I find it difficult to even name a fandom that has nearly the same kind of creative backing we do. Maybe Star Wars and Star Trek?

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

I'm a closet brony... I try not to mention anything about MLP in public... I got bullied at the schools I used to go to for being a brony so that's why I choose to stay quiet...

There's no law saying you can't like things! So what if someone else don't like it, all that matters is what you think!

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, DivineGlow1000 said:

There's no law saying you can't like things! So what if someone else don't like it, all that matters is what you think!

I actually don't mention my liking for the show in public either. I'm mostly a closet fan IRL, but hey, more power to you if you're more open about your love of pony. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PacificGreen said:

I actually don't mention my liking for the show in public either. I'm mostly a closet fan IRL, but hey, more power to you if you're more open about your love of pony. :)

I told my brother I was into MLP and he pokes fun at me sometimes, but I don't think he really cares, which is fine with me!

• Brohoof 4

I'm proud and content in myself. I think of myself as a pegasister , but I don't run around telling everyone I know. As and adult female fan, I have no worries about bullying over it though. It just rarely comes up in conversation. Those that know I watch, just think it's slightly odd, but kind of cute that a 39 year old woman never outgrew her love of cartoons of all sorts! Another favorite of mine? A new one presented in webisodes. "Human, Kind Of". I think I actually talk about that more.

(Yikes, I'm old!)

MV5BNzE3Mjg1NjktNDY3Yi00NTI1LWI5N2ItZjI5ZWY2MTQ0YTBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTcwNTY5MQ@@._V1_.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I can only be proud of my achievements, and just enjoying the show and being open about it isn't an achievement for me. So I can say that I'm glad to be a brony, but I don't see anything to be proud of here.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I am glad to be a brony. I watch the show, admire the creativity of both the show and the fandom, appreciate the show's message and promote it, and of course I cherish the friends I've made here because of it.

Did I mention it's fun too? :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

Just as much as I am proud to be autistic, yes. I'm the type of person who doesn't care what people think. I love being unique, and I love being who I am. I'm not going to let being a pegasister and my love for princess luna >/////<  get in the way of being myself~

• Brohoof 2

Yes and no. I hate the word "brony" in my opinion. Then again, I like what I like because it makes me happy. :derp:

• Brohoof 5

32 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Yes and no. I hate the word "brony" in my opinion. Then again, I like what I like because it makes me happy. :derp:

I feel pretty much the same way. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I consider myself to be a casual fan in that I don't obsess over the fandom and want every last possible piece of merchandise that exists. If I wasn't a brony right now, I'd still be miserable in the previous fandom I was in beforehand.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't necessarily call myself "proud" or "glad" to be a fan, by any means. I never really bought the whole "brony pride" thing that most of us seem to flaunt, because at the end of the day, we're just blokes who watch a TV show. :dash:

I don’t like the term “brownie” or “pentagon.” I would like to consider myself a mlp fan and without FiM, I wouldn’t  be a mature person by today nor would I be intelligent or have good judgement towards my friends. I’m very glad to find this show.

Also putting brownie and pentagon was a joke as I only tried to pretend to fool others into thinking that auto correct is taking over.

Edited by Tylad
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, yes.

Bronyism has been at the center of a fair few life-changing events for me. I can't say that all of those events were happy or easy, but they made me who I am.

While I wouldn't voluntarily admit that I'm a brony to anyone now, if someone happened to find out, I'd probably just own up to it and say "yes, I am."

• Brohoof 1