Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you glad to be a brony/pegasister?

DivineMist1000

I don't really think I am much of one these days. At one point I was quite fine with being called one since I was so embroiled in the fan base. Even at the height of it all I didn't readily associate myself with bronies. They were just a thing. It was one piece to the puzzle that was my interactive time spent over the internet. Now it's dwindled away to an old curiosity that can't do what it once could for me. There's still some occasional curiosity left in me to see what bronies are up to and that's why I still occasionally meander back through these hoof-trodden parts. But that's really all that there is to say about it, so I guess the binary answer would be no.

I'm a fan of the show, and glad to be one. I've never really considered myself a brony.

With that said, my interest in the show has tapered off a bit since a year ago, but that's probably normal.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really considered myself a brony in years but I am glad I became a fan of the show and came to these forums. Good and bad times alike this place and MLP Gen 4 will always be a part of me.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Phosphor said:

I'm a fan of the show, and glad to be one. I've never really considered myself a brony.

With that said, my interest in the show has tapered off a bit since a year ago, but that's probably normal.

Is it strange that I’m more interested in just Celestia and Lina than the actual show?

• Brohoof 3

16 hours ago, DivineGlow1000 said:

Is it strange that I’m more interested in just Celestia and Lina than the actual show?

Celestia and Luna are an awesome duo! So why not? ^_^

I'm never sure if I'm more into the show, certain characters, fan art, music, or just snuggling cute plushies! :laugh: I love being a brony and I hope to always call myself one! I suppose the day will come when I don't have as much time for ponies, but it's become such a major inspiration in my life, I don't think I can ever just forget it! I have no clue where my life would be right now if not for mlp and the brony fandom!

• Brohoof 1

Not... necessarily? I am absolutely glad that I have found another entertaining medium to enjoy, but I am most certainly not "proud" of it. At the risk of sounding like an arse, this fandom isn't much better than the others that currently exist. Yes, there are absolutely lovely individuals among us... but that can be said about any fandom, in truth. In other words, yes; I am glad that this franchise exists... but am I proud of it in any capacity? Not at all, even in spite of the fact that it expanded my comfort zone a bit.

Oh, and I will echo what many others have said as well: I cannot stand the title "brony," due to how segregational it is.

• Brohoof 1

Sure, I'm proud to be a Pegasister. I take a certain degree of pride in everything I'm interested in. I wear t-shirts with MLP on them just like I do with other things I'm a fan of. I don't hide my interests, I put 'em right out there.

• Brohoof 3

I'm glad to be a brony because it revived my childhood interest in MLP. I thought I was over collecting G1-G3, but then FiM came along. Applejack was in it, an old favorite, and I was sucked back in. I still can enjoy my old collection and add to it because watching FiM puts me in a pony mood.

8 hours ago, Bas said:

Weird coming from somepony who posts Sunset pics every 2 hours.

I prefer being a casual as going all in on something usually causes trouble.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...