Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stan Lee Passes Away at Age 95.

TheAnimationFanatic

Sad news fellow comic book enthusiasts, Marvel Comics founder and creator Stan "The Man" Lee has passed away at the age of 95. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/12/marvel-comics-legend-stan-lee-dies-aged-95-7467650/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/11/12/stan-lee-dead-dies-marvel-comics/

Edited by Theanimationfanatic

The old codger was pretty much begging for it to happen.

That’s not to say I wanted it to happen. He just had a rough time the last few years.

Stan Lee, you will be remembered forevermore.

• Brohoof 1

No words at all.. just a huge thanks for bringing marvel comics to our lives and being such a wonderful person who reminded that we all have story to tell and that in each of one of us a hero. And how you always make us laugh in your cameos and outside.  May you rest in peace Stan Lee and surely your legacy will live on. 

rexfeatures-8882774gc.jpg?w968h681

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 6

He helped build the childhoods of generations. 

He made us think about what it meant to be a hero. 

1 minute ago, TBD said:

May you rest in peace Stan Lee and surely your legacy will live on. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Image result for stan lee mlp

• Brohoof 5

I only have one word to say... Excelsior! That was perhaps his most famous word among so many that he made famous because of his presence. He will be remembered for what he contributed to the comic book industry, the world of fantasy, the world of manga--he was involved with manga--and so much more.

• Brohoof 4

Let take the moment and enjoy Stan lee's greatest moments

This song is for you Stan lee

• Brohoof 4

Childhood is blindly idolizing Stan Lee.

Edgy adolescence is blindly hating him.

Manhood is recognizing that life is a bit more complicated than either of those attitudes and that Stan deserves credit for Spider-man, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, and most importantly, for being an advocate for comics when they were being attacked by moralizing sheep of the time.

It's sad too, because in his old age he got fucked over by people he thought were his friends and even his family. Got scammed out of a lot of money. I hope he places his rights into the public domain as one last fuck you to them and Hollywood in general.

Excelsior, you magnificent bastard.

Screenshot_26.png.5f3e819b113ee5abd61ab873926b6de8.png

• Brohoof 5

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

He helped build the childhoods of generations. 

He made us think about what it meant to be a hero. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Image result for stan lee mlp

Funny thing is, I was the one who did that drawing.back in 2015.  It was for Stan Lee, and he got it.  In fact, we were able to get a picture together

Me and Stan Lee.jpg

• Brohoof 8

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have these great characters and wouldn't have been able to enjoy this generation of comic book movies.

Stan Lee, in terms of media creators, ranks right up there with people like Walt Disney, Steven Spielberg and Shigeru Miyamoto. No one, has influenced the comic book industry quite like him.

The halls of Valhalla will be open to you my friend.

Excelsior

• Brohoof 4

36 minutes ago, Bas said:

Sure a great person.

But dieing is part of life, and he sure at least had a long one. Not everyone gets that luxury.

That, and being popular shouldnt make a death more tragic imho.

We tend to value popular people more higher because they are...popular and known. This doesn't make them better.

A death is always tragic, and I will be sorry for him as much as for anyone else who died, not more - but not less either.

I do must admit, I never really grew up with Marvel, but rather Disney's, and only started to watch Marvel at all roughly in 2014, lol.

My first exposure to Marvel was rather minor: Just some old Spider-Man cartoons/Live Action series.  But my first major exposure was X-Men: The Animated Series.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, NightmareLuna800 said:

Wow, I just never saw this coming at all.. May you rest in peace, Stan Lee. Thank you for all of the characters, stories, and laughs. You will be missed, and most certainly, remembered for generations to come. Rest well, old legend.

98A8EBD4-10B6-4CEA-9156-179C4EFB0707.thumb.jpeg.629b9582393ae107cb7df8bd19edb24c.jpeg

^This. I doubt I could say it any better so I’m not going to try. But my childhood was Marvel, and without this legend I never would have had all the memories that I now hold so dear.

Rest in peace Stan, knowing that you will live on in our hearts and in our memories forever. Thank you for everything.

Edited by Chrylestia600
  • Brohoof 3