Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

drama A Demons Tale

AriaTheLovely

This is my first time actually writing a short story or anything at all for that matter. So Id thought I would make it about my OC Daphnes's backstory. Laurel does make a small cameo at the end so she is owned by @chaosprincess . So without further adieu here it is.:-D

Welcome, weary traveler I see you somehow managed to get into my humble abode. I am not particularly happy about this, and I probably would have just gotten rid of you at first sight. But I am in a good mood so I will let you stay for a little while. Well, Since your here I might as well be a good host and fix you a drink.

So tell me what would you like? He leans his ears forward to hear his guest better.

Alright, a cup of tea it is. He says going over and starts to prepare it for his surprise guest.

But as he begins to prepare it he feels his guest's eyes fixate on his wings.

I see you keep looking at my wings.

He sighs giving a somewhat of an annoyed look.

You may not believe me but they are just an illusion but my horn is real though. I suppose now you want me to tell you how I got these things. Well, its bit of a long story so go take your bathroom breaks now or perhaps grab a snack if you want.

My story begins long ago in a land far away. You see my kingdom was not like the ones you know today. Where love and friendship reign, a fact I get sick thinking about it. Now I started out as what you ponies would call your typical unicorn.  As time went on I found out I was not birthed in the way foals are normally born but given form from the hatred in a ponies heart.

So a good chunk of my formative years was spent on the streets getting by on what I could for food and shelter. Since no pony would accept a colt like me in their home for reasons I think that is pretty obvious to you. For you, I will divulge to you the reason. In the areas I grew up or lived in the citizens would believe just by judging by my appearance that I was cursed or some harbinger of ill will that will kill all their livestock or their crops.

That all changed one day though when a hotshot commander discovered me in his travels. He took me under his wing and after some intense negotiations with the queen, I was made his second in command. For a while there I was pretty happy with my lot in life. My jobs were to train the guards and patrol certain areas of the city. I will have to admit though watching over the market area was my most favorite part. Since the area was pretty lively not to mention the vendors would give me free things like food or other wares.

Even with my high-ranking, there were still some ponies that didn't accept me. The rumors kept swirling that I was this abomination and that I was no way near good enough compared to my counterpart. As much as I trusted my right-hand man he still got all the love and admiration from the people that I so rightfully deserved.

Why couldn't I get the credit for the fights we won or victories that were earned from my blood and sweat?

No, he was the golden boy whom everyone loved.

As he talks his eyes start to change slightly his voice getting slightly deeper.

Once realizing his temper was getting the better of him he composes himself.

Taking a deep breath he says.

I do apologize for that little temper flare up that subject still pisses me off to this day.

But anyway now back to my story.

From that spitefulness, I rejected the old name that I had shared with my brother in arms and renamed myself after a past king, Daphnes. I wanted to make my own identity not one my queen and my comrade told me to have. Embarrassingly though at this point in time I never managed to get what you call a cutie mark. So I used my armor to cover up the fact.

But as just as my hope for acceptance was waning there came my first love. That day I was watching the market as I usually did and out of nowhere this mare just charged into me. As I looked up I saw the angry vendor that she was running from. Turns out she stole some bread and tried to make off with it. Seeing a bit of myself in her I decided to pay the vendor for it and along with a few other things.

Surprisingly she was not taken aback by my appearance and from there we got to know each other quite well. It even got to the point where we fell in love and shortly after that we were wed. As happy as my married life was I still had matters to attend to at the castle. Even more so now than ever since we were expecting our first foal so I had to make this country safe enough for our little family. Which at this point in time had become quite tense.

My kingdom was on the brink of a war with a neighboring province not to mention there was quite the divide going on internally as well. But to make a long story shorter the queen herself held quite the prejudice against me and it did not help matters either that I refused to be her faithful lapdog. The queen would much rather banish a race than actually speaking with them on peaceful terms. As time went on the tensions only got worse. Then the day came that I will never forget. Not because it was a happy one but a tragic one.

One day my queen had ordered for me to go on an intelligence mission to get information about a rebel faction that was plaguing the kingdom at the time. Little did I know she had rallied up her men against me. She knew she couldn't eliminate me because of what I was. So she went for the next best thing.

I had forgotten something that day at my home so I decided to quickly teleport home to go get it.

When I arrived I had to witness the last moments of my wife's life. I ran over and held her watching the last remnants of her life fade away. After she had passed I got to my hooves and looked at the guards standing there.

They were profusely apologizing saying the queen had forced them into doing this. No more would I listen to their damn lies. I wanted my vengeance so now I was going to get it whatever means possible. As soon as more bull crap left their lips I eviscerated all of them leaving their blood to paint my walls.

I then ran outside as everything faded to black. All I could remember was the sounds of screams and peoples pathetic pleadings for mercy. When I came out of my haze there stood my counterpart. He kept telling me to stand down and that we could work through this together. I was no longer going to bow down to him or anyone else. That was when I charged at him with all my might.

From there we battled in the flames of our fallen city. Just as I thought it was my end. A sudden surge of power went throughout my body. My new wings sprung out leaving my adversary frozen in shock. Using that to my advantage I flew up striking him in the face with my blade. Seeing him go down I knew what I had to do next.

Flying up I took cover on a high ledge. Looking down I could see the place I called home for so long was now a smoldering ruin. Everything that happened came back flooding my mind with painful images along with a surge of tears. Through my tears, I could not help but notice a faint glow coming from my flank. In removing my armor I saw that dreaded mark. It was a white rose splattered with blood. From then on I would go on wandering from place to place. Knowing I could never go back to the place I once called home again.

Well that's it kid did you like my story? Good, I am glad you found some entertainment out of my misery.

Hold on he looks behind his guest spotting a certain small gem-eyed pegasus using her wings to make bunny ears above his visitors head. Laurel, were you there the whole time? He sighs but laughs a little at what she's doing. You are so dead when I get to you. You know that right? The mischevious pegasus darts off into the next room laughing a little.

Looking over at his guest again well I have to deal with this intruder please let yourself out once you are done. But I will have to warn you if come back I cannot guarantee your safety. Well to da loo

Welcome, weary traveler I see you somehow managed to get into my humble abode. I am not particularly happy about this, and I probably would have just gotten rid of you at first sight. But I am in a good mood so I will let you stay for a little while. Well, Since your here I might as well be a good host and fix you a drink.

So tell me what would you like? He leans his ears forward to hear his guest better.

Alright, a cup of tea it is. He says going over and starts to prepare it for his surprise guest.

But as he begins to prepare it he feel his guests  eyes fixate on his wings.

I see you keep looking at my wings.

He sighs giving a somewhat of an annoyed look.

You may not believe me but they are just an illusion but my horn is real though. I suppose now you want me to tell you how I got these things. Well, its bit of a long story so go take your bathroom breaks now or perhaps grab a snack if you want.

My story begins long ago in a land far away. You see my kingdom was not like the ones you know today. Where love and friendship reign, a fact I get sick thinking about it. Now I started out as what you ponies would call your typical unicorn.  As time went on I found out I was not birthed in the way foals are normally born but given form from the hatred in a certain ponies heart.

So a good chunk of my formative years was spent on the streets getting by on what I could for food and shelter. Since no pony would accept a colt like me in their home for reasons I think that is pretty obvious to you. For you, I will divulge to you the reason. In the areas I grew up or lived in the citizens would believe just by judging by my appearance that I was cursed or some harbinger of ill will that will kill all their livestock or their crops.

That all changed one day though when a hotshot commander discovered me in his travels. He took me under his wing and after some intense negotiations with the queen, I was made his second in command. For a while there I was pretty happy with my lot in life. My jobs were to train the guards and patrol certain areas of the city. I will have to admit though watching over the market area was my most favorite part. Since the area was pretty lively not to mention the vendors would give me free things like food or other wares.

Even with my high-ranking, there were still some ponies that didn't accept me. The rumors kept swirling that I was this abomination and that I was no way near good enough compared to my counterpart. As much as I trusted my right-hand man he still got all the love and admiration from the people that I so rightfully deserved.

Why couldn't I get the credit for the fights we won or victories that were earned from my blood and sweat?

No, he was the golden boy whom everyone loved.

As he talks his eyes start to change slightly his voice getting slightly deeper.

Once realizing his temper was getting the better of him he composes himself.

Taking a deep breath he says.

I do apologize for that little temper flare up that subject still pisses me off to this day.

But anyway now back to my story.

From that spitefulness, I rejected the old name that I had shared with my brother in arms and renamed myself after a past king, Daphnes. I wanted to make my own identity not one my queen and my comrade told me to have. Embarrassingly though at this point in time I never managed to get what you call a cutie mark. So I used my armor to cover up the fact.

But as just as my hope for acceptance was waning there came my first love. That day I was watching the market as I usually did and out of nowhere this mare just charged into me. As I looked up I saw the angry vendor that she was running from. Turns out she stole some bread and tried to make off with it. Seeing a bit of myself in her I decided to pay the vendor for it and along with a few other things.

Surprisingly she was not taken aback by my appearance and from there we got to know each other quite well. It even got to the point where we fell in love and shortly after that we were wed. As happy as my married life was I still had matters to attend to at the castle. Even more so now than ever since we were expecting our first foal so I had to make  this country safe enough for our little family. Which at this point in time had become quite tense.

My kingdom was on the brink of a war with a neighboring province not to mention there was quite the divide going on internally as well. But to make a long story shorter the queen herself held quite the prejudice against me and it did not help matters either that I refused to be her faithful lapdog. The queen would much rather banish a race than actually speaking with them on peaceful terms. As time went on the tensions only got worse. Then the day came that I will never forget. Not because it was a happy one but a tragic one.

One day my queen had ordered for me to go on an intelligence mission to get information about a rebel faction that was plaguing the kingdom at the time. Little did I know she had rallied up her men against me. She knew she couldn't eliminate me because of what I was. So she went for the next best thing.

I had forgotten something that day at my home so I decided to quickly teleport home to go get it.

When I arrived I had to  witness the last moments of my wife's life. I ran over and held her watching the last remnants of her life fade away. After she had passed I got to my hooves and looked at the guards standing there.

They were profusely apologizing saying the queen had forced them into doing this. No more would I listen to their damn lies. I wanted my vengeance so now I was going to get it whatever means possible. As soon as more bull crap left their lips I eviscerated all of them leaving their blood to paint my walls.

I then ran outside as everything faded to black. All I could remember was the sounds of screams and peoples pathetic pleadings for mercy. When I came out of my haze there stood my counterpart. He kept telling me to stand down and that we could work through this together. I was no longer going to bow down to him or anyone else. That was when I charged at him with all my might.

From there we battled in the flames of our fallen city. Just as I thought it was my end. A sudden surge of power went throughout my body. My new wings sprung out leaving my adversary frozen in shock. Using that to my advantage I flew up striking him in the face with my blade. Seeing him go down I knew what I had to do next.

Flying up I took cover on a high ledge. Looking down I could see the place I called home for so long was now a smoldering ruin. Everything that happened came back flooding my mind with painful images along with a surge of tears. Through my tears, I could not help but notice a faint glow coming from my flank. In removing my armor I saw that dreaded mark. It was a white rose splattered with blood. From then on I would go on wandering from place to place. Knowing I could never go back to the place I once called home again.

Well that's it kid did you like my story? Good, I am glad you found some entertainment out of my misery.

Hold on he looks behind his guest spotting a certain small gem-eyed pegasus using her wings to make bunny ears above his visitors head. Laurel, were you there the whole time? He sighs but laughs a little at what she's doing. You are so dead when I get to you. You know that right? The mischevious pegasus darts off  into the next room laughing a little.

Looking over at his guest again well I have to deal with this intruder please let yourself out once you are done. But I will have to warn you if come back I cannot guarantee your safety. Well to da loo he says walking off to follow his tiny intruder.

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion