Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted When you mix together Blender, Inkscape, and Trixie

Ganaram Inukshuk

mlpfim_inkscape_to_blender_trixie_in_the_dark.thumb.png.ccb66a64b01bcd71a5fcefef06ff2715.png

Based on the amount of feedback I've gotten on my last thread, I've decided to reduce the number of pictures I'm showing per thread back down to one.

That said, I've been wanting to do something involving both Blender and Inkscape at the same time, and this is what I came up with. (My usual hidden symbol wasn't integrated into this pic, something I only realised just now.)

I highly appreciate any feedback on this; I'm finding it hard to keep drawing right now due to self-doubt and just not having time to draw anything right now.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure, exactly. I like the wagon, I like Trixie, I like the fire, I like the landscape and I like the lighting... but for some reason, all of them together don't quite seem to jive. I hope that helps.

Hrmmmm. In my opinion, I think what this needs is a couple of inkscape-drawn paper-cut-out-style trees in the background to break up the flat ground (on the right, maybe, for balance?), and possibly some faint pinprick stars in the sky. As much as I would normally try to add the moon in as well, I have a feeling that would change the mood of the picture too much so I recommend against that.

Other than that, cool. :)

I find it interesting. Nice science you did there.

There's not many details, yet the lack of these gives it all a somewhat unique style. I like it.