Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was your internet ever locked down as a kid?

MangoFoalix

Uhm, as a kid, internet wasn't a thing for me. Like it existed and all, but I wasn't allowed to access it until I was about 15. And technically I wasn't allowed to access it by then either, I just did on my own. And even then it was highly locked. The forums was basically the only place I could access, no YouTube, no Discord, no Fanfiction or Wattpad, no DeviantArt, nothing.

I've only recently gotten full access to all the internet has to offer. And by recently I mean once I turned 20 and moved into my own barracks room.

When I got Internet (dial-up) it was unlocked, for my pleasure! I have always had unlocked Internet. Problem with dial-up, not bring up the speed issue, is the payment, which is phone bill every minute, plus a monthly fee that was kinda stupid (just to keep the ISP's number).

• Brohoof 1

Once I was banned from it for a while cause no one trusted me. Sure I keep stuff secret but I always made sure to stay within my age range with content (usually, sometimes there were slip ups and mal links I accidentally stumbled upon.)

• Brohoof 1

When I was young (around 13) I kept going to adult sites and getting viruses so my dad had to put a website blocker on so I could no longer do that! :Thorax:

• Brohoof 3

Growing up, there was no internet. If we wanted to find something out, we had to look it up in a book.

After the internet came around, MUDs (Multi User Dungeons) were popular with some of my friends.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Bas said:

LOL! This reminds me quite of something I read on the net, I try to reproduce while masking;

My son is very hardworking recently! He has to stay up late in the night at the family computer for his homework! He uses this website for that, so when I came back on checking on the computer, a login screen appears. So what is this b**zz**s.com?

Working hard on homework I see. :umad:

More like getting a little workout in! :ButtercupLaugh:

Just now, Bas said:

What's a book? :oh_golly:

So glad I have my turbo charged gsni g rig with turbocharger and fancy rgb lights and all that sexy stuff? 

Really though I was happier back from 6 to 12 before I had internet and had to find other ways to entertain myself. So much less stress. Also I'm bad at dating people online that fuck me over and with little chance to meet lol.

• Brohoof 2