1. 1. How "Pure" are you?

• I'm like a priest
    • Very pure
    • Average
    • Meh
    • I'm mest up
    • I'd rather not say
    • No clue

Let’s all be honest here: Who can really be “pure as a preist” these days when even some preists and pastors aren’t all that pure. It’s like what Caged the Elephant said: “I can't say much because I know we're all the same/Oh yes we all seek out to satisfy those thrills”

We’re all wicked in our own ways. Temptations of the flesh reside in the physical and mental domain of our conscious. We’re all sinners in some way, whether it would be through commiting the act of sin or even contemplating sin in your mind. Have you ever thought about killing someone? Yourself even? What about having some explicitly suggestive thoughts about someone, regardless of whether or nor they’re real? Or how about stealing from someone or even thinking about taking something that clearly isn’t yours to begin with? What about refusing to give away something as mundane as your time to listen to someone who wants someone to talk to? What about using His name in vain? Or accusing someone else of misdeeds that he/she didn’t do? Have you ever commited these things? Contemplated these things? Whether it’s through physical action or contemplation, sin is sin and all of us have done it at some point. I know I have many MANY times with many different people in the world. Im not proud of it, but im not gonna deny it anytime soon. 

But know this: He still loves you, despite your sins. He loves us so much that He gave His only son to help us pay the debt of our sins. Through His son, we are all forgiven of our sins. Through His son’s sacrifice, we are assured repentance for our wrongdoings by His will. Don’t be afraid to admit to your mistakes. Own up to them. He will understand because He loves you. 

I use to be pure... good ol Christian with high standreds but then I turned 18 and got into a relationship and that made me pretty unpure quickly..., 

now I don’t do drugs and I try not to swear too much... but over the last few years lets just say my “purity” hit a low ground...

I'm probably too pure. Like, as in a child-like innocence. Anything... ahem, naughty, just flies over my head, whether it's subtle or in-your-face. And I often don't really care about politics or other mature subject as well. Sometimes I kind of wish I could understand these subjects a little better, but as it stands I never felt much reason to look into them. Even things like drugs or violence I never get involved in, cuz I just never found it very interesting.

That being said however, I get angry very easily and I swear a lot too... not on the internet of course.

I’m somewhat pure. I’m not a drug addict, but I have taken pain reliever pills. I do swear a bit, but it’s either to sound cool or it’s dependent on my mood (usually anger or any level of stress I receive). But regardless of those, I am somewhat pure.

When it comes to NSFW, that’ll be another story and something personal.

6 hours ago, Venomous said:

Please keep in mind that any NSFW natured posts are not welcome here. Keep your posts as "pure" as possible.

Spoiler

8DECE5E9-6323-473E-9F0E-C7DC367726C5.thumb.jpeg.9618380421158a24afd1c21c1f796d21.jpeg

:ticking:  I don’t always post NSFW but when I do it’s always pure NSFW :orly:

Spoiler

F8D13173-5521-4330-99F1-CD4505FB6A30.thumb.png.a5b1a08df47a60289d61f59a885bc6b5.png

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah I'm a little in the middle here. I'm not a goodie 2 shoes because where's the fun in that, but I'll never doing something illegal because that's just not on. I've seen some stuff that I would wish to unsee or not have gone through but oh well that's the past sooo yeah:yeahno:

Just now, Crosswind said:

Yeah I'm a little in the middle here. I'm not a goodie 2 shoes because where's the fun in that, but I'll never doing something illegal because that's just not on. I've seen some stuff that I would wish to unsee or not have gone through but oh well that's the past sooo yeah:yeahno:

It should be noted that something being illegal doesn't necessarily mean it's inherently a bad thing. People often confuse legality with morality when the two don't always coincide. Many laws exist for safety reasons, particularly drug or traffic laws, but you could theoretically do those things to enjoy yourself and harm no one which is often where the moral line is drawn because there's no real negative side in ideal situations.

In a discussion for purity I imagine morality is a major factor.

• Brohoof 2

What standards are we going by? christian ones?

I think children are "pure"  in terms of their intent and thoughts for the most part... I don't think of any adult being "pure" but nobody should be expected to be. I also don't necessarily equate swearing with impurity 

Edited by Olly

Well, it depends upon how someone defines purity. Let's see.

Curse words: Sometimes, but not too often

nsfw thoughts: I usually don't consider "18+" imaginations as impure as long as that's not something too messed up. (I don't need to go in details)

IRL: I am as pure/impure as a young adult boy can be at average. 

So, I guess I'm somewhere inbetween but tends to be more on pure side, or at least I try to.

If you define pure as someone who's naive or oblivious to nsfw things, then I lost my purity during one of my biology classes. 

Edited by Luna's Admirer

Nope, not at all, my innocence left me a long time ago. But I should point out, being "pure" is not even possible.... :mlp_wat: No one is perfect. No one can be "pure" and besides, where's the fun in being innocent and super perfect all the time. :mlp_smug:

Now I don't do drugs or anything like that and never will, I just wanna make that clear, and I don't swear excessively, when I do swear every now and then it's only around certain people. But my mind is definitely dirtier than it probably should be and I've seen and done things, again nothing drug related...but, for example, you know, the kind of thing that happens when you're in a relationship, if you get what I'm sayin... I honestly don't even know if I would still be considered a virgin, at this point. :sealed:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

It makes me wonder about really how someone could be “pure” because I think alll of us as we age become less and less pure as it is :orly:. But then again you really have to look at yourself and be like just how messed up am I?!

Like you could see yourself as being not so pure but in the eyes of someone else you could seem “pure/innocent”

Truthfully for me I’d say I’m on a borderline in the middle depends on the day I guess. A bit of each :P

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Nope, not at all, my innocence left me a long time ago. But I should point out, being "pure" is not even possible.... :mlp_wat: No one is perfect. No one can be "pure" and besides, where's the fun in being innocent and super perfect all the time. :mlp_smug:

Now I don't do drugs or anything like that and never will, I just wanna make that clear, and I don't swear excessively, when I do swear every now and then it's only around certain people. But my mind is definitely dirtier than it probably should be and I've seen and done things, again nothing drug related...but, for example, you know, the kind of thing that happens when you're in a relationship, if you get what I'm sayin... I honestly don't even know if I would still be considered a virgin, at this point. :sealed:

You would still be considered one but by no fault of your own.:sealed: It ain't like you didn't try.:P

Well, uh, I explained sex to my kindergarten class when I was six years old, so there's that.

I should probably have included: I'd learned to read properly a couple of months earlier, and in the local library, the biology books with all the colourful diagrams were just across the aisle from the comics.

Edited by Hardway Bet
  • Brohoof 2

"Dawn, you have the dirtiest mind of anyone I know" :mlp_yeehaa: Oh, wait, I probably shouldn't take that as a compliment :mlp_bedeyes:

Deletes internet history, erases saved files, burns magazines, stops speeding, pours away my precious rum and prevents myself from swearing, yeah, I'm pure :mlp_smug:

"One man's pervert is another man's prude" Anon

• Brohoof 1

I'm in  a "meh" 5/10 side. In other words, I'm too mature to do stupid things. But that doesn't make me pure, it's just makes me smart.

Edited by TBD

Am I a good person... yes... am I as pure as a saint... no, far from it. Though it kinda depends on what you're talking about. Do I understand a lot of lewd things, yes... am I lewd as a result, no. I curse, though only for comedic effect and I refuse to drink or do drugs.