Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Having Starlight and Trixie together in the movie means it has to take pace after "No Second Prances" sense that's the first time they met. Not having the Royal Guard would explain why Celestia had Flash Magnus be the new drill sargent after season 7. Having it take place then would also explain why the changelings and the Pillers of Equestria were not in the movie but I'm not sure about the yaks but if the movie takes place after "No Second Prances" the mane 6 haven't been to Yakyakistan yet, unless you count Pinkie kinda. But griffins probably wouldn't want to help, and sense Ember just became Dragon Lord she probably needs to impose her rule, and that I don't think the ponies would trust all the dragons yet to listen to Ember. As for the map expanding, remember the map was broken after "The Cutie Re-Mark", which would also explain why it took so long and that Mount Aris needed to be repaired and the new train station there. As for Twilight saying "This happened while we were gone?" could be when they went after the Pony of Shadows instead of the Storm King. Why Sandbar mentioned The Storm King but not Queen Chrysalis nor the Pony of Shadows is that no pony would probably know that Chrysalis replaced the mane 6, the princesses, etc and that the Pony of Shadows never appeared in public, and why Apple Bloom was recapping the movie in "surf and/or Turf" was because The Storm King was what directly affected the hippogriffs. This I the best I can do saying it takes place between season 6 episodes 6-7 and explaining how.

But there is one thing that contradicts all of this unless you can help me, the new throne room, it is possible they were working on a new throne room for a while and was finished in the movie in a different part of the castle and was going to turn the old throne room into something else but for what happened to the new one in the movie they had to go back to the old one while that was being repaired, but the whole of Canterlot got repaired when they retuned all the magic at the end of the movie? 

Write below if you can think of any reason why Celestia and Luna would still be using the old throne room until season 8.

Edited by Shady Mist

Easy, Season 7. Every event related to the movie happens after Season 7, where the timing of said events would make the most sense. If it took place in Season 6, why would it take so long for the MLP gang to finally start talking about those events? :maud: I'm not close-minded to debate, I'm just saying. I think it's a very open-and-shut case that nothing in the movie transpired earlier than the season that showed that the movie and the show were intertwined. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

The movie is actually intended to be, and presented as taking place after the last episode season 7, and before the first episode of season 8. Season 8 refers directly to events of the movie, quite a few times. The movie can be thought of as season 7.5.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, the movie itself pretty solidly fits in between the time after Season 7 and before Season 8, similarly to how the first Equestria Girls film takes place after Season 3 but before Season 4 (at least, I think it was).

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Easy, Season 7. Every event related to the movie happens after Season 7, where the timing of said events would make the most sense. If it took place in Season 6, why would it take so long for the MLP gang to finally start talking about those events? :maud: I'm not close-minded to debate, I'm just saying. I think it's a very open-and-shut case that nothing in the movie transpired earlier than the season that showed that the movie and the show were intertwined. :laugh:

4 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

The movie is actually intended to be, and presented as taking place after the last episode season 7, and before the first episode of season 8. Season 8 refers directly to events of the movie, quite a few times. The movie can be thought of as season 7.5.

2 hours ago, Jordan D said:

Yeah, the movie itself pretty solidly fits in between the time after Season 7 and before Season 8, similarly to how the first Equestria Girls film takes place after Season 3 but before Season 4 (at least, I think it was).

I know, I basically did this because I know one of the biggest complaint fans have of the movie is the mane 6's characters, so I tried to explain the earliest possible place where it can fit and still make sense, where the mane 6 would be more likely to act like how they were in the movie, in comparison to how they were in seasons 7 and 8.

Edited by Shady Mist
  • Brohoof 1