Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would all gen interconnecting change your opinion of g4?

ManaMinori

If someone from upon the high seat of Hasbro council admitted to g1, 2, and g3 being part of the same world FiM is in, just earlier on the timeline of things, would it affect how you guys view g4? How would your views change if FiM took place earlier than the generations prior to it? (for instance in a IDW comic Micro #8, we see an adult Celestia interacting with foals from the g1 Era, like Surprise and Firefly)

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

On 11/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

That might be too big and ambitious of a project for Hasbro to want to consider.

or maybe it isn't? I mean, someone could just see the brand and its previous incarnations as all one universe, and just roll with it. There's been theories made considering this, so I can see it as possible, even without the Hasbro word seal of approval

Even if Hasbro officially states that all generations are connected, I personally wouldn't adopt that ideology, just as I don't view EQG and FiM as one canon despite their similarities. Therefore, it wouldn't change my opinion on g4.

Nintendo tried that with Zelda and now the franchise is a huge mess.

Hell, Hasbro already tried that with the Aligned Continuity for Transformers and that turned out to be a mess

7 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

or maybe it isn't? I mean, someone could just see the brand and its previous incarnations as all one universe, and just roll with it. There's been theories made considering this, so I can see it as possible, even without the Hasbro word seal of approval

As some have said, other companies have tried doing something similar only for the results to end up being rather bad. All generations of My Little Pony are meant to act as separate entities whilst having some continuity in terms of core principles and general characteristics.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:49 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I probably wouldn’t pay much attention unless they did something interesting with that. 

I wonder what the chances are of anyone being able to do something interesting with the idea.