Bas

answered Anyway to find favorite topics?

...such as FanClubs or started topics by your own.

This is the closest I can find.

I wish there was some way to favorite topics and having access to them quickly, instead of clicking through all of the forums navigating to it. And that is if you actually know where to find it.

Maybe there is some forums addon for that?

//Also, is there a way to search for members?

Viewing a List of Threads Started by You

For topics you have created, you can use the stream you linked, though you may also want to set [ Content Types ] to display only [ topics ] started by you, as it by default also shows status updates etc..

Favorite Threads?

The closest thing you may find is the follow function.

As you may know, you can follow areas / threads to be notified when something new is posted.

Now you can view the list of followed content by selecting [ Manage Followed Content ] from your profile menu.

Spoiler

kFWhWwB.png

At first it may render the list as empty, because it shows followed (RP) characters by default. Select to display threads on the list to the left.

Now you should be able to see all threads you are following.

Spoiler

Lgrzwpu.png

Q: But following will be sending me notifications, that I don't want. What now?

You can follow and choose to not receive any notifications. It will add the thread to the following list without poking your notification box.

Spoiler

msHBHlp.png

Other than that, I could suggest creating a thread in the Testing Forum. Only you, besides staff, can view your own threads in there, so you could use that section to store some information for your own use.

This is what I did to nicely keep track of threads I have created:

Spoiler

G9TWTMl.png

As you can see, I made all entries clickable, so you can make one thread, where you'll be having whatever you want, accessible with a single click, sorted as you wish. ;)

Member Search

Yes you can search for members.

Simply click the magnifying glass icon with the search box left empty. This will take you to the Search Page

Spoiler

peG1AnT.png

From there, switch to members tab and perform the search.

Spoiler

2O3HVAc.png

Hope that helps! If you'll have any troubles, feel free to poke me. :ticking:

Follow is your best friend. 

Too bad, I was hoping for a...more elegant solution, esp. because I follow quite a lot of threads.

Still thanks for your tiem, though!

Edit:

This doesn't soo bad actually:

https://mlpforums.com/discover/104/?&view=condensed

Also, did people just create 10 streams while I am registered but barely did so the last 5 years?

Edited by Bas

53 minutes ago, Bas said:

Too bad, I was hoping for a...more elegant solution, esp. because I follow quite a lot of threads.

Still thanks for your tiem, though!

Edit:

This doesn't soo bad actually:

https://mlpforums.com/discover/104/?&view=condensed

Also, did people just create 10 streams while I am registered but barely did so the last 5 years?

Wouldn’t favorites wind up with the same issue because then you would just favorite a lot of threads?

57 minutes ago, Bas said:

That system didn’t exist before 2017. 

15 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Wouldn’t favorites wind up with the same issue because then you would just favorite a lot of threads?

Disagree. I'd favorize threads I want to find again to post something in, even when they are inactive - For instance, some topics I started, maybe fanclubs etc. while I would still follow threads that are prob only active for week or so (basically every new topic).

16 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That system didn’t exist before 2017. 

Ah sorry, thought you said something different when ponies (= Rikifive) explained to me how to use and configure streams a few months again.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Disagree. I'd favorize threads I want to find again to post something in, even when they are inactive - For instance, some topics I started, maybe fanclubs etc. while I would still follow threads that are prob only active for week or so (basically every new topic).

Don’t disagree with me, disagree with the people who feel that way — the people who created IPB. We didn’t design this software, and as I said before I’m not about to rip it apart over small potatoes just to have a version update negate all that work. 

The options, all of the options, for content discovery, are already at your disposal here. That’s what they provide. Sucks I suppose, but it is what it is.