Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spin-off ideas.

CastletonSnob

The show may be ending soon, but that doesn't mean G4 has to end. After all, MLP is a popular show, and popular shows tend to get spin-offs. What would be some fun spin-off shows?

Maybe a Laverne and Shirley-style show starring Starlight and Trixie?

• Brohoof 1

As cliche as it sounds, I would love a pseudo-sequel series that takes place 10-20 years in the future where everyones grown up, settled down, had a family, etc. 

If we did get a sequel, I would like it taking place in a fairly far removed locale that we don't see much, like Manehattan, Canterlot or Vanhoover. I always really liked grungy, cityscapes as backdrops. 

Or an actual Equestria Girls on-going series would be nice. Better Together was pretty good (at least it was before it became "The Beach Show") but theirs only so much you can do in 2 minute shorts.

I would like a spinoff consisting of a smaller cast of mostly new characters a few years in the future. I'd like it to be a little more over the top SOL if they are keeping the genre. About the location, I'd like one pretty remote from FIM's maybe Pony Island, that was mentioned I don't remember which episode, so they are less restricted with fitting the FIM canon, but making an occasional mention or two

- The Great and Powerful Tour ft. Starlight Glimmer. Their chemistry is amazing, but I don't know if they could pull off more than a 13 episode season.

- The Travels of Dragon Ambassador Spike (a 120 year forward story).

Spike has enough story potential to get his own spin-off!

But if we're gonna be realistic: the more likely candidates are the Student 6! And the Nightmare Knights comic series seems to pretty much be a spin-off starring Luna!

19 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Or maybe have Pinkie Pie have her own show.

While I absolutely adore Pinkie, I feel this would just turn into something like Planet Sheen. Whether this is a good thing or not is entirely up to you.

2 hours ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Why not have a spin-off about these ponies?

739753879_backgroundmanesix.thumb.png.a7cec8d17d42f61462526ebee4d7dfae.png

Yes.

They need their own spin off series.

My ideal spin-off would be of Twilight Sparkle expanding on her quasi-political role as a princess. Back in "Amending Fences" Spike alluded to ponies coming to Twilight for advice, and that unfortunately has not been adequately expanded upon in the show, despite its comedic potential.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

My ideal spin-off would be of Twilight Sparkle expanding on her quasi-political role as a princess. Back in "Amending Fences" Spike alluded to ponies coming to Twilight for advice, and that unfortunately has not been adequately expanded upon in the show, despite its comedic potential.

This! I would really like to see this!

• Brohoof 1

I'd have a spin-off involving Sunset and Celestia going on adventures as a means of making up for lost time given what happened between them.

• Brohoof 1