Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Soarin and Spifire more likely to become a couple than Soarin and Rainbow Dash are?

AlicornSpell

I'm a SoarinDash shipper, but I have a feeling that if Soarin were to fall in love with somepony, it would most likely be Spitfire. 

I mean there's honestly never been a official indication that Soarin has feelings for Rainbow Dash and vice versa. I hate to say it, but having Soarin be with Spitfire would be the more logical choice than having Soarin be with Rainbow Dash. The reason is because Soarin and Spitfire don't have as near much character development as Rainbow Dash does, and their personalities aren't near as fleshed as Rainbow Dash's is. Also they aren't the main character like Rainbow Dash is, and the most of the writers obviously don't want any of the main characters being in a romantic relationship with another character. 

So I don't think that Soarin and Rainbow Dash will ever become a couple, while there may be a chance for Soarin and Spitfire to become one. 

I mean neither are likely, but the only reason Spitfire/Soarin is more likely because it almost seems like Soarin can't appear in a major WB episode without Spitfire

I'm going to say no. Spitfire is his commanding officer. It would not be appropriate for them to be in such a relationship. It risks her judgment being undermined and him receiving special treatment. If she weren't in such an esteemed position then I'd say yes simply because they've known each other for so long.

Look, I love these MLP characters so much that I tend to treat them as if they're real people you would make acquaintances or friends with. in this case, it's not my business to get involved in their love/personal/love life without first asking. If the couple is happy together, I'll support them. Like any decent person should.

(On a personal note, I don't like it when people have a "Die for our Ship" mentality. Those are the people who unfairly bash on a guy/character just because said is "in the way of the official shipping I want to happened." That quite of attitude just makes you look petty and childish.

In short, I don't mind who Soarin' ends up with as long as the couple is happy. All characters live their lives and have their strengths and weaknesses. 

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

I'm going to say no. Spitfire is his commanding officer. It would not be appropriate for them to be in such a relationship. It risks her judgment being undermined and him receiving special treatment. If she weren't in such an esteemed position then I'd say yes simply because they've known each other for so long.

The same thing could be said about Rainbow Dash too since she's also a Wonderbolt like them. Besides I don't think the writers would think that deep about that really. So I still think that Soarin and Spitfire would more likely to become a couple than Soarin and Rainbow Dash would, which that thought doesn't make me happy at all since I am a SoarinDash shipper. 

Edited by AlicornSpell

3 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

The same thing could be said about Rainbow Dash too since she's also a Wonderbolt like them. Besides I don't think the writers would think that deep about that really. So I still think that Soarin and Spitfire would more likely to become a couple than Soarin and Rainbow Dash would, which that thought doesn't make me happy at all since I am a SoarinDash shipper. 

Rainbow dash is not interested in soarin. Soarindash is a pairing made by fans, are not part of a relationship, that's to pretend them and that's not a couple. Spitfire and Soarin were always together. It is  that Spit worries that they will not continue a great team without him, and thanks with the help of Rainbow Dash brought back the both together.
the writers know that the show is about friendship, not things that a person wants how things will be like, ruin things to the show. none of them are couple.

Edited by Van123

5 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

Being a Wonderbolt is very much different from being Captain of the Wonderbolts. Soarin only has seniority over Dash for being a member for so much longer, otherwise they're on equal terms and although workplace relationships have the potential to be frowned upon, there aren't any ethical issues regarding a power dynamic present. Only the issue of attentiveness and cooperation. If they were to have a bad breakup or let their emotions get the better of their orders, that could jeopardize a mission. There is still risk with a relationship between team members but it's not nearly so high as with a team member and a team leader.

the writers wouldn't think this deeply but if we considered what they're thinking in this instance then it makes this and many other discussions utterly pointless.

The only main characters that have a male close friend and possible romantic arc in S9 are Stralight with Sunburst and Fluttershy with Discord. Rest of the characters are either barely developed with any male character (Soarin, Cheese Sandwich, Capper, Zephyr, Quibble Pants) or they are too controversial for tv show (Spike/Rarity). Sure they can just create new love interests for them in S9 but it look like it will most likely end with Fluttershy being the only one getting shipped.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, Midnight Solace said:

I don't think so... Spitfire betrayed Soarin remember? Don't really like the SoarinDash ship though.

If they wanted Soarin to get a love interest and have him get married or something like that, then most likely they would make a new female character for him to be with instead of using already existing ones, since Spitfire and Rainbow Dash would definitely be out of the question. I could see Spitfire and unfortunately Rainbow Dash too being happy for soarin that he found love with some other pony that isn't them, since neither of them showed any indication that they had any romantic feelings for him. 

4 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

If they wanted Soarin to get a love interest and have him get married or something like that, then most likely they would make a new female character for him to be with instead of using already existing ones, since Spitfire and Rainbow Dash would definitely be out of the question. I could see Spitfire and unfortunately Rainbow Dash too being happy for soarin that he found love with some other pony that isn't them, since neither of them showed any indication that they had any romantic feelings for him. 

Spitfire and Soarin were always together and are idols of Fash not a lover. Pairing them as a couple made by us is not part of a relationship. Rainbow and Soarin are good friends, but nothing more. That is made explicitly clear. In fact, Rainbow more or less acts as a counselor for them. 

8 hours ago, Conred said:

The only main characters that have a male close friend and possible romantic arc in S9 are Stralight with Sunburst and Fluttershy with Discord. Rest of the characters are either barely developed with any male character (Soarin, Cheese Sandwich, Capper, Zephyr, Quibble Pants) or they are too controversial for tv show (Spike/Rarity). Sure they can just create new love interests for them in S9 but it look like it will most likely end with Fluttershy being the only one getting shipped.

no, none of the male characters as Soarin, Cheese Sandwich, Capper, Zephyr, Quibble Pants were love interest of the mane 6, the fans (us) only pretend them as one, that's not a real relationship. Pretending them as a couple doesn't count as well as Discord (he is an old man and Flutter is a young woman). they are best friends, not a lovers. The romance is focuses with the other characters that has Sugar Belle and Big Mac, and maud pie and ther boyfriend. not with the main. It's about friendship between them since they created in 2010.

Edited by Van123

I ship SoarinDash hard, very hard, buuut as much I hate SoarinFire....Lauren Faust DID confirm Spitfire and Soarin are "friends with benefits" soooo not much to argue with there. And tbh as much as I hate to admit it, Soarin WOULD probably go for Spitfire over Rainbow Dash. 

*sigh* So yeah, SoarinFire is highly more likely. But hey, that makes room for AppleDash! :mlp_icwudt: Or QuibbleDash....:dash:

13 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I ship SoarinDash hard, very hard, buuut as much I hate SoarinFire....Lauren Faust DID confirm Spitfire and Soarin are "friends with benefits" soooo not much to argue with there. And tbh as much as I hate to admit it, Soarin WOULD probably go for Spitfire over Rainbow Dash. 

*sigh* So yeah, SoarinFire is highly more likely. But hey, that makes room for AppleDash! :mlp_icwudt: Or QuibbleDash....:dash:

Soarindash 4 lyfe boi!

Soarin used to be with Spitfire but then he met Dash.

Don't listen to this lady with the Quibble crap.

Just now, Cyclone said:

Soarindash 4 lyfe boi!

Soarin used to be with Spitfire but then he met Dash.

Don't listen to this lady with the Quibble crap.

QuibbleDash is adorable! 

Maybe? I don't really know. I think Rainbow Dash and Soarin does go well together. Though my favorite ship is a bit different. :darling:

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Maybe? I don't really know. I think Rainbow Dash and Soarin does go well together. Though my favorite ship is a bit different. :darling:

Rainbow Dash is not interested in him. It's as if you were pairing the princess belle with a different prince, lady with pluto. This is a pairing made by fans and it is not a real relationship. Spitfire and Soarin are her friends and idols, not a lover.  soarin and spitifre does go well together. 

Edited by Van123

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Lauren Faust DID confirm Spitfire and Soarin are "friends with benefits"

Yes, because Lauren and the other writers definitely do not have a long storied history of trolling us.

22 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

If you ask me, he doesn't deserve Rainbow Dash OR Spitfire. I hate him so much, I wouldn't ship him with a pig at Applejack's farm.

Why? He’s adorable.

23 hours ago, Van123 said:

Rainbow Dash is not interested in him. It's as if you were pairing the princess belle with a different prince, lady with pluto. This is a pairing made by fans and it is not a real relationship. Spitfire and Soarin are her friends and idols, not a lover.  soarin and spitifre does go well together. 

Dude don’t get spammy...you may ship Rainbow with mares but that doesn’t mean you have to shove your opinions under other people’s throats :(