Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much longer should the show run?

CastletonSnob

I'm perfectly fine with it ending at Season 9, if those leaks are true. It doesn't deserve to end when it's gotten stale and uninteresting and I personally find nine seasons to be of a solid length.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 4

As long as it putting out quality episodes... I don't care when it ends. I really like G4 and i think Hasbro got the winning formula down. However, from what i hear about G5... it's going to be really good as well. That, however, doesn't mean i want G4 to end as soon as possible to see it.

I feel it's already past its prime, so just one more season to send it off and wrap some stuff up is probably the right call. Not holding my breath for a sudden turnaround anymore. 

Given the taste season 8 (6 and 7 too) left me, I think that the last season should be 9 or 10.

I still think the show could go over 14 seasons with a good quality, but to achieve that, major changes should happen and I prefer that FiM remains mostly about Twilight Sparkle and her group of friends.

I'd say that the show should end either after season nine or season ten. I know a lot of people don't want it to end but if it were to keep going, it would eventually become stagnant, and we've seen plenty of programs that have become victims of this.

• Brohoof 1

I don't particularly think the length of shows matters. Lots of people like to claim that shows that run long always get worse at some point, but I don't believe this is true. Shows wax and wane over time, MLP has done it just in eight seasons. In my opinion, the trend was upwards until season 4, a massive valley for season 5, a slight rebound in season 6, and a continued rebound over the past two seasons. If it were extended for a considerable number of additional seasons, say five, I'm sure there'd be another valley in there somewhere. BUT, and this is key, a downturn does not have to be permanent, shows are perfectly capable of rebounding and are capable of suddenly loosing the magic when everything had implied that they were still improving. What I'm saying is that I'll take all the pony I can get and that Hasbro deems profitable, and nothing about how much more that is will necessarily be negative for the quality.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

I'd say that the show should end either after season nine or season ten. I know a lot of people don't want it to end but if it were to keep going, it would eventually become stagnant, and we've seen plenty of programs that have become victims of this.

The thing about those shows though is that people still enjoy them. That's why they are on season 22 or whatever. Just because you think a show is bad doesn't mean everyone does. For example... I think Teen Titans Go was bad and would not make it through the first season and pretty much everyone on the internet hated it... but it's still going... pretty successfully. The internet was a loud minority in that one. There is a silent majority of people who still enjoy it. 

Someone stated above that the show been going downhill since season five... but imo season 5 is the show best season and season 3 is the worst. Season 7 was extremely good and season 8 was overall good as well. Our opinions on these things... are just too different depending on the person you ask. Otherwise, these shows wouldn't still be on the air. I say this because i seen the opposite. There are shows i absolutely loved get canceled and I wonder how. 

I think ending the show after season 9 is a good call.  FIM has already been going on for quite a while, and has already covered a lot, so I think it would be best for it wrap up before it gets stale.

• Brohoof 2