Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else find the Kirin reaction offensive?

Midnight Solace

Cause I do. Don't know if it's just me, but it kinda looks like a "dafuq you talkin about" thing. I actually get pissed off when somepony gives me it. Does anypony else feel me? What is it actually meant to represent anyway?

Edited by Midnight Solace
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, at least it's better to get a Kirin reaction from somebody than that person upright insulting you and telling you how bad your post is. It's there so that people can react as such without being directly rude and potentially breaking the rules. Offensive and "get pissed off" are strong feelings over a reaction button if you ask me.

• Brohoof 4

Autumn Blaze react is cute 

I don't think it's offensive. It's there to have fun.Try to look at it in a more positive light. :mlp_grin:

I gave you an Autumn Blaze reaction. Te he!  

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Chrysalis89 said:

Not really, I find the emote to if someone was agitated or not amused about something. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. 

I'm just really serious about stuff I guess... It looks mean. Never a big fan of Kirins anyways.

to me i find it cute, i dont take emotes seriously because it would be like taking emojis seriously too and we all know how that path went *coughs emoji movie coughs* On a site like this, its best to be chill and relaxed ^^

1 minute ago, Midnight Solace said:

To me, this is a "really:mlp_confused:" reaction.

But this is like a "really bitchkirin.thumb.png.313ff6c649fdf3401629da79c11bcb79.png " reaction.

There's a difference.

in your opinion maybe, but that was their take on it.  There is no differences on this. everyone has their own opinion. And sometimes.... taking things too seriously can lead to disastorous outcomes. Trust me on that. Its just an emote, its goal isnt to offend you and its goal isnt to stir the pot. Its ment to be silly, plain and simple.

It means your post has divided by zero...there's nothing to say. :wacko:

If it is offensive that somepony else doesn't understand you, or can't find a reply...then I'm afraid you're expectation is probably misplaced, that is, if you can't take a little teasing.

12 minutes ago, Mirage said:

It means your post has divided by zero...there's nothing to say. :wacko:

If it is offensive that somepony else doesn't understand you, or can't find a reply...then I'm afraid you're expectation is probably misplaced, that is, if you can't take a little teasing.

^^ You're right. I can't. I can't be bullied any longer than I already have. It's getting too much. Those who judge will never understand, and those who understand will never judge.

9 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

^^ You're right. I can't. I can't be bullied any longer than I already have. 

I can see that reaction being used to annoy another. But, any of the reactions could be used for that purpose. Take for instance if I 'laughed' at your above post. So then my question is - how have you dealt with this bullying you speak of?

6 minutes ago, Mirage said:

I can see that reaction being used to annoy another. But, any of the reactions could be used for that purpose. Take for instance if I 'laughed' at your above post. So then my question is - how have you dealt with this bullying you speak of?

How I deal with bullying? I don't say a thing. I have never expressed my feelings until I got back onto the forums. I would rather be a nopony than to be a mean somepony. I have lived my whole life keeping things to myself.

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Hey, at least it's better to get a Kirin reaction from somebody than that person upright insulting you and telling you how bad your post is. It's there so that people can react as such without being directly rude and potentially breaking the rules. Offensive and "get pissed off" are strong feelings over a reaction button if you ask me.

True. The reaction is like a "legal" way to be rude to someone in my opinion,

Nope. I think it's best to not let things bother you. At the end of the day, it's only a picture on the internet, nothing more.

Besides, allowing yourself to be upset by something so small is extremely unhealthy for the mind.

2 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

You have no idea.

Oh trust me. I use to be harassed and bullied every single day that I went to school. Once I stopped caring about what they thought of me, I became a lot happier.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

I view the kirin reaction as meaning "confused". It doesn't have an official meaning; rather, its meaning can be interpreted multiple ways. However, going too far and labeling it as a flat-out insult is too extreme, especially when you have other people who might view the reaction as harmless or funny. It would lead to unnecessary conflicts and tension.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Eh, not necessarily. It's more of a '...Really:mlp_confused:?' kind of reaction, in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

To me, this is a "really:mlp_confused:" reaction.

But this is like a "really bitchkirin.thumb.png.313ff6c649fdf3401629da79c11bcb79.png " reaction.

There's a difference.

Spot on!

It's a concerned sort of really. One mostly of dissapointment. It's a good way of cordially saying you don't agree with a statement, or as was previously said, "not amused". It's great for using as an end or beginning note to an argument or that you're tired of someone's behavior which may be simply overreactive or trollish.

No. If I am to voice my honest opinion, feeling offended by something so arbitrary is quite ... perplexing, not to use stronger word. It is as if people didn't have more important problems on their heads :l

15 minutes ago, Passion said:

No. If I am to voice my honest opinion, feeling offended by something so arbitrary is quite ... perplexing, not to use stronger word. It is as if people didn't have more important problems on their heads :l

As I said before;

2 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Those who judge will never understand, and those who understand will never judge.

The words I have spoken sound so good, I'm putting it on my sig.

And Just when I was about to forget the last reaction outbreak 

I think the point of reactions is to provide the community a tool to enhance the verbal communication via visual and easily approachable system

The reactions serve as an addition to the verbal posts not their replacer so if you are unsure why someone reacted someway you can always ask them. 

That way it is easier to solve misunderstandings without drawing conclusions too hastily

• Brohoof 1