Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony else find the Kirin reaction offensive?

Midnight Solace

2 minutes ago, Humanity Is Good said:

Maybe they're having a hard day, or going through some trouble. Sometimes we just don't want to talk.

Maybe, but I wouldn't leave a reaction that says i'm disappointed all over it. Sometimes it's better to keep things to yourself, which I have been until ponies kept sending me the Kirins.

3 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

If you can't believe it, it means you don't understand.

And I did not use an opinion to back up my opinion. 

How am I supposed to understand what you're saying when you're using strawmen and deliberate misinterpretations of what happened in an episode (because those are the only arguments in the entire thread). As for my arguments against them, @Mirage brings up good points that you seem to reject simply on the basis of seemingly trying to dislike something.

That's all that I had seen at that point. I'm not just going to dig through a thread to try to find a justification for an opinion that makes absolutely no sense.

I understand that you might find the reaction offensive, despite my different opinion, and also get that you want to express your opinions on this, but please, don't shoot down others' opinions down just because they don't agree with you. Some of them are, like you, trying to voice out their thoughts. And the thread name itself asks if anyone finds the reaction offensive. 

The reaction is more or less harmless. Yes, it is bothering you, but don't let it get you down. It might be hard, but you can try to ignore it.

Side note: If anyone is sending the Kirin emote to him just for the fun of it or for teasing, please stop. I am not saying yuu guys are, but just in case ;)

Edited by Lulaypp
  • Brohoof 2

Not remotely. My sincerest apologies if I come across as rude, but we don't need MLPF to be more airtight than it is. During the period in which the Crazy and Shrug reactions were under scrutiny for being uncivil or offensive, a few users defended them for being completely harmless at best, and a very minor jabbing tool at worst. I find that "..." falls under the same category as the former two reactions, in which it can be viewed in a negative context... but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing, if you ask me. Not only can context be warped enough to find a reaction such as "Yay" harmful, but I personally don't see anything wrong with a "negative" reaction being present.

Either way, I suppose this is in the hands of the Administrators... but even so, I simply cannot advocate for a change such as this. I recall when Shrug used to be a present reaction... and when I received one, I would admittedly get a smidgen irate. Be that as it may, I would have never advocated for it to be removed. Even if you are not advocating for this reaction's removal at all, I do not personally find it offensive at all.

• Brohoof 6

28 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

I never judged anypony. In fact, you all judged me for my opinion. Just look at my signature: Those who judge will never understand, and those who understand will never judge.

The Kirin face does not look confused. It looks disappointed. This is confused: :mlp_confused:

And please stop it with the Kirin reactions, I already told all of you that I found it offensive.

Being offended is the most obvious indication that you are judging.

Anyway, I'm done with this. All I have tried to do is show the facts and to help you see things in a more positive light.

Your intent was clearly not to discuss this but to lash out at others that don't share your opinion.

• Brohoof 2

The only thing about this reaction I don't like is that it has four dots instead of normal three dots in the description. But that's probably just me, and it does not offend me in any way.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Not remotely. My sincerest apologies if I come across as rude, but we don't need MLPF to be more airtight than it is. During the period in which the Crazy and Shrug reactions were under scrutiny for being uncivil or offensive, a few users defended them for being completely harmless at best, and a very minor jabbing tool at worst. I find that "..." falls under the same category as the former two reactions, in which it can be viewed in a negative context... but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing, if you ask me. Not only can context be warped enough to find a reaction such as "Yay" harmful, but I personally don't see anything wrong with a "negative" reaction being present.

Either way, I suppose this is in the hands of the Administrators... but even so, I simply cannot advocate for a change such as this. I recall when Shrug used to be a present reaction... and when I received one, I would admittedly get a smidgen irate. Be that as it may, I would have never advocated for it to be removed. Even if you are not advocating for this reaction's removal at all, I do not personally find it offensive at all.

Someone had to say it and I'm glad you were the one to do so. This is the crazy emote fiasco all over again.

• Brohoof 6

Just now, Humanity Is Good said:

That... that's a lot of brohoofs.

Not to go off-topic too much. Brohoofs mean absolutely nothing. They are just a bragging right and that is it. think

Now, on topic. I don't think the reaction should be removed. As Recherche said, it is good to have a "negative" reason for the variety of having it.

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

How am I supposed to understand what you're saying when you're using strawmen and deliberate misinterpretations of what happened in an episode (because those are the only arguments in the entire thread). As for my arguments against them, @Mirage brings up good points that you seem to reject simply on the basis of seemingly trying to dislike something.

That's all that I had seen at that point. I'm not just going to dig through a thread to try to find a justification for an opinion that makes absolutely no sense.

26 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Being offended is the most obvious indication that you are judging.

Anyway, I'm done with this. All I have tried to do is show the facts and to help you see things in a more positive light.

Your intent was clearly not to discuss this but to lash out at others that don't share your opinion.

I did not lash out at anypony. They just did not understand and I tried to show them why. I have to say, being ignorant of my reasons isn't helping. Nothing is to be gained by reasoning with ignorant ponies anyways, like those who don't even care. But because you said I " reject simply on the basis of seemingly trying to dislike something", Fine. I will gather my reasons why. (You're welcome) :dry:

154264160642282787_LI.thumb.jpg.05109f01bf1bc01030ada80b300486ca.jpg

When AJ and Flutters were fighting, The Kirin 1 on the left, had a more concerning and curious expression. Very similar to this: :mlp_confused: 

However Kirin 2 on the right, had a more "dafuq?" or dissapointed, displeasured look. Also very similar to this: :bea:

Kirin 2's look is very similar to the Kirin reaction: kirin.thumb.png.c2c16b47132237f61c166d115c52d5fc.png 

I did not make any "deliberate misinterpretations." as you can see. :bea:

I gave my best to express myself on how I was feeling on this reaction, and yet all of you guys gave me this disappointed look. I don't know about you, but I would feel very rejected by this. This happens to me alot. Tell a joke? Disappointment. Express myself? Disgusted. Explain why? Confused. This is the Kirin reaction all in one.

If you think the Kirin reaction is a concerning reaction, you're wrong. It is an offensive reaction used to be rude without breaking the rules.

Maybe it's because you guys like Kirins, (very one sided, aren't you?) But from this experience, You drove me to hate them.

Many ponies would be ignorant and wouldn't want to look into something they know absolutely nothing about and assume that Kirins are cute. We love them. But if you have an open mind, maybe you would see why. Maybe you haven't been bullied for 5 years or have been given that look by anypony else. Maybe life is too good for you to understand what is bad and what is good. This is from my experience, and if you don't care, that's fine by me. I just wanted to share my opinion, while all you guys judged me for being the odd one out.

But you know what I've been doing for so long? Why this hasn't been posted yet? Because I kept it to myself. I did not go around breaking other ponies' hearts with this reaction. It is the most downputting reaction I've ever seen, and that's why I have never gave it to anyone with the intention to offend.

But you know what they say? Ignorance is bliss. I'm used to it, trust me.

Edited by Midnight Solace

1 minute ago, Midnight Solace said:

I did not lash out at anypony. They just did not understand and I tried to show them why. I have to say, being ignorant of my reasons isn't helping. Nothing is to be gained by reasoning with ignorant ponies anyways, like those who don't even care. But because you said I " reject simply on the basis of seemingly trying to dislike something", Fine. I will gather my reasons why. (You're welcome) :dry:

154264160642282787_LI.thumb.jpg.05109f01bf1bc01030ada80b300486ca.jpg

When AJ and Flutters were fighting, The Kirin 1 on the left, had a more concerning and curious expression. Very similar to this: :mlp_confused:  

However Kirin 2 on the right, had a more "dafuq?" or dissapointed, displeasured look. Also very similar to this: :bea:

Kirin 2's look is very similar to the Kirin reaction: kirin.thumb.png.c2c16b47132237f61c166d115c52d5fc.png 

I did not make any "deliberate misinterpretations." as you can see. :bea:

I gave my best to express myself on how I was feeling on this reaction, and yet all of you guys gave me this disappointed look. I don't know about you, but I would feel very rejected by this. This happens to me alot. Tell a joke? Disappointment. Express myself? Disgusted. Explain why? Confused. This is the Kirin reaction all in one.

If you think the Kirin reaction is a concerning reaction, you're wrong. It is an offensive reaction used to be rude without breaking the rules.

Maybe it's because you guys like Kirins, (very one sided, aren't you?) But from this experience, You drove me to hate them.

Many ponies would be ignorant and wouldn't want to look into something they know absolutely nothing about and assume that Kirins are cute. We love them. But if you have an open mind, maybe you would see why. Maybe you haven't been bullied for 5 years or have been given that look by anypony else. Maybe life is too good for you to understand what is bad and what is good. This is from my experience, and if you don't care, that's fine by me. I just wanted to share my opinion, while all you guy's judged me for being the odd one out. 

But you know what I've been doing for so long? Why this hasn't been posted yet? Because I kept it to myself. I did not go around breaking other ponies' hearts with this reaction. It is the most downputting reaction I've ever seen, and that's why I have never gave it to anyone with the intention to offend.

But you know what they say? Ignorance is bliss. I'm used to it, trust me. 

We aren't bad. We just don't want the emote to go away.

• The topic was locked