100 users have voted

1. 1. What is your fav banner?

• Submission One
    • Submission Two
    • Submission Three
    • Submission Four
    • Submission Five

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-12-07 at 03:10 PM

I like both one and five. One feels most like a celebration of the 35th anniversary, using the AJ's of each generation helping out one another with apple farming. It feels like a natural transition from G1 to G4. On the other hand, five looks very pretty, it is very simple and easy to look at while not trying to make it look anything less. It's also straight to the point on what it's wanting to say (that is it's the 35th anniversary of MLP of course, lol)

• Brohoof 1

Submission #5 just has this class and simplicity that I can appreciate so much. The use of color is just beautifully done and the ponies are integrated so well. As you can see; I'm partial to that one. ^^

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Holly Jolly Ody said:

I like both one and five. One feels most like a celebration of the 35th anniversary, using the AJ's of each generation helping out one another with apple farming. It feels like a natural transition from G1 to G4. On the other hand, five looks very pretty, it is very simple and easy to look at while not trying to make it look anything less. It's also straight to the point on what it's wanting to say (that is it's the 35th anniversary of MLP of course, lol)

Yeah, if you're going to show all generations of the same character, AJ is pretty much the only one you can do it with. Unless you go with Spike, which is the only other character that showed up as consistently as AJ, and since he's not technically a pony... :pout: (I just noticed, there are *no* Spike emoticons... huh.)

And even then you have to give leeway for G2 and G3.5 as technically AJ didn't show up in those generations. G2's Bright Bramley is as close as you can get (G2's character list didn't have any overlaps with other generations as far as I'm aware), and G3.5 is an extrapolation off the G3 incarnation (Given G3.5 is G3 with a massively sliced down character list and an updated art style).

5 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

(I just noticed, there are *no* Spike emoticons... huh.)

:mustache:

Its buried in there. That reminds me. 

Congratulations to @Midnight Solace for his winning entry 

FullSizeR2.jpg

Dude worked forever on this, a panoramic traditional art banner isn't easy to put together. Taking inspiration from the era of MLP's origin, this really brought me back to when this would have been part of the pop culture zeitgeist when I was small. Good job!

• Brohoof 6

• The title was changed to MLP 35th Anniversary Banner Contest Winner - Midnight Solace