Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey Ocarina Time

Jedishy

Allow me to get things started. One of my favourite aspects of Ocarina of Time is the transition that was made between 2D and 3D. Prior to this, all previous Zelda games were 2D with a top-down perspective--except for Zelda II which was side-scrolling. To think that Nintendo pushed the Nintendo 64 to the limit at the time in order to make this game possible. I also enjoy the various dungeons scattered throughout the game with their accompanying music.

• Brohoof 3

I still love the environments in this game, even if they are a tad dated now. The Fire Temple is one of my favourite areas in the game, given the amount of interest it invoked within me. 

• Brohoof 1

I loved using the Empty Bottle against Ganondorf :D who needs a Master Sword when you got a pickle jar? XD It's actually BETTER than the Master Sword :derp: It's more accurate and you can reflect it from almost ANY angle :catface:

This might be an un-popular opinion, but I like the water temple. Yeah, I know...it's got a very confusing layout and all that, but the music is SO relaxing :D 

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 2

For some reason, I really enjoy the forest temple. It might have to do with the whole ghost thing and just the overall atmosphere.

On the other side, I can't say I was a huge fan of Jabu Jabu's Belly. It was initially fairly confusing, the environment isn't exactly very pleasant and you're stuck carrying Princess Ruto around. It's mostly the environment though; I've never really been a fan of games where you go "inside" something. Heck, even bowsers inside story sort of pushes it.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Thankful Brony 2 said:

Is there a pony Zelda?

The closes that I know of pony Zelda, is that the Latin American dub of Breath of the Wild, Zelda is voiced by the same actress who voiced Vapor Trail in the same region. In other words, Zelda is a Mexican horse :mlp_yeehaa:. One of the reasons I played the Latin American dub of Breath of the Wild,  is full of Mexican horses :fluttershy:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

My favourite parts to Ocarina of Time was the sense of adventure and puzzle solving the game had and the soundtrack to go with it. I loved going into the various temples and dungeons and trying for hours to figure out where to go next and all of the dungeons really set their respective tones with the way they look and with the music that plays. The beautiful look of the Water Temple, the Egypt look of the Spirit Temple, the vast land of Hyrule Fields, etc. There's a lot of charm in this game which is why it's of my favourites. :D

However, I'd have to say I wasn't too much of a fan of the Shadow and Water Temple due to how utterly confusing they can both be and with the especially dark tone the Shadow Temple and the well had, although I still really like them both all the same. The Water Temple has quite relaxing music and there's something about Bongo-Bongo that was interesting. :ooh: Another thing is that I feel the bosses can sometimes be too easy once you know what to do, but otherwise quite hard the first time. One more thing is how far away everything is and how long it takes to walk anywhere; you'll be seeing the full 24-hour cycle going from one end to the other, for instance. :rarity:

Overall, there's too many great things about this game to count and I'd love to play the 3DS version again and get my hands on the N64 version one day. :D

• Brohoof 2

Unpopular opinion: The original Water Temple isn't that hard if you know what you're doing. Every time I changed the water level I combed through every room I could reach. As a result, I had all 3 small keys to open all the doors from the main room to the mini boss room in one go. No need for unnecessary back tracking.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Unpopular opinion: The original Water Temple isn't that hard if you know what you're doing. Every time I changed the water level I combed through every room I could reach. As a result, I had all 3 small keys to open all the doors from the main room to the mini boss room in one go. No need for unnecessary back tracking.

And yet people still despise it even now after all these years. It also doesn't help that you had to constantly go into the equipment subscreen to switch the Iron Boots on and off in order to progress at times. I'm so glad that was fixed in the 3D version.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve only played the 3DS version because it looks the best and it was actually the first Zelda game I played and I completed it 100%

OoT is a phenomenal game and it deserves all the praise and acclaim it’s gotten over all these years! Definitely one of gaming’s greatest hits and one of the best Zelda games as well

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, SolarFlare13 said:

I loved using the Empty Bottle against Ganondorf :D who needs a Master Sword when you got a pickle jar? XD It's actually BETTER than the Master Sword :derp: It's more accurate and you can reflect it from almost ANY angle :catface:

This might be an un-popular opinion, but I like the water temple. Yeah, I know...it's got a very confusing layout and all that, but the music is SO relaxing :D 

I too love the water temple and don't mind a temple that can last for hours. 

• Brohoof 1

Everyone says the Water Temple is infuriating and is the worst part of the game. I'd have to disagree, now I don't like the water temple, and especially don't like that hidden room in the bottom floor of the tower... but overall its not as complicated as people make it out to be, its no Stone Tower temple... seriously fuck Stone Tower.

Now my favorite part of the story... I really can't say I have a favorite part. I've always loved exploring Hyrule, and progressing through the story, so as cheesy as it sounds the game itself is my favorite part. Though if I had to choose, I'd go with the Young Link sections.

As for my least favorite part of the game... no doubt in my mind its trying to get the fourth bottle. There is a reason I set Big Poes to one on the randomizer, and anyone who has attempted to get all 10 of them knows how aggravating it can be.

While I haven't really played a lot of Ocarina of Time, I have to admire it for being the first 3D Zelda game, which at the time must have been huge.  And without it, games like Breath of the Wild most likely wouldn't have existed.

My favorite part of Ocarina of Time was the Biggoron Sword trading sequence. I loved how I got to interact with different people and switch items with them in a nice linear sequence. I had no idea what I was going to end up getting as I was playing it, but when I did get it, I was pleasantly surprised.

Just letting everyone know that this thread is going to be locked sometime tomorrow seeing as the days I allotted for the Ocarina of Time Celebration have now come and gone.

On another note, my favourite dungeon is the Spirit Temple because of the significance behind its existence.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Stone Tower temple

Is that from Majora's Mask? If so, that's probably where I stopped playing in the year of release... I've never really finished it or played since. The Elegy of Emptiness statues freaked me out way before Ben Drowned became a thing.

_------

Isn't the music still just so fantastic?  It's just as much a part of the game's success as everything else. A perfect package.

6 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Is that from Majora's Mask? If so, that's probably where I stopped playing in the year of release... I've never really finished it or played since. The Elegy of Emptiness statues freaked me out way before Ben Drowned became a thing.

Yes it is, its the fourth temple in Majora's Mask, and the most frustrating from what I can remember. Getting to the temple itself is a nightmare, having to climb up using the Elegy of Emptiness statues... then the temple it self is using those statues along with light puzzles. Plus that temple has the hardest mini boss I've ever fought in a Zelda game. And if you die to him, its a good 4 minute walk back to where he is.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, PiratePony said:

I actually needed a players guide in order to get through Stone Tower Temple all because I couldn't figure out one dungeon mechanic that in hindsight, it was way easier than I was making it out to be back then.

• Brohoof 1