Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the Mane Six have boyfriends?

CastletonSnob

They're all one day going to agree to live together. :bea:

Over the course of the seasons, there has been more demands on the Mane 6's time. So after Season 8 I think the show would never allow anything that would disrupt the current structure of the friendship between the Mane 6.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:40 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

I don't think it's needed. It would upset the dynamic of the show.

I have to agree with this.

If they had boyfriends or girlfriends (mind you that's also a possibility), it would make the relationship between the mane six a bit more strained than it should be considering this is a show about them being friends. Not to mention that I see no way in which it wouldn't seem completely forced.

4 hours ago, Raririsu said:

Maybe at the end of the series, like in the final episode, they should get one each.

no, they are not interested in have boyfriend. in the final episode end with friendship.

I personally won't mind as long as they can pull it off. But I think it is a lil' kinda too dangerous, seeing as part (or most) of the fandom really believe that their mane six shipping as canon and doing so might put them off.

And that might lead to shipping wars. :P

But I dunno.

14 hours ago, Flutterstep said:

Fluttershy should have a girlfriend called Vinyl but what do I know? :P

I think at least Rainbow and Soarin should hook up before the show ends. :mlp_grin:

no. rainbow dash is not interested in having couple. soarin don't count. pretending as couple is not. rarity is who is interested in the romance but all the show ends up with a true friendship.

Personally; I find it refreshing that romance isn't a key part of the series. I mean I wouldn't be against the idea of one of the Mane 6 having a boyfriend, but the current dynamic of the show I'm not sure would support that. It would depend on buildup and execution...and I wouldn't have the greatest of confidence that it would be pulled off well.

Our glorious writers are almost as good with romance as they are with lore and action adventure. I'd love to see it just cause it's now more entertaining to watch shit burn than having yet another uneventful friendship trip to Buckallsville.

Since one of the main points of this show is all about demonstrating how friendship can weather all kinds of stress; having one of the Mane 6 get romantically involved, and how it *is* possible to do that without jeopardizing their friendship with the rest of the Mane 6 is a valid storyline. They've amply demonstrated that none of the Mane 6 *need* a significant other (unlike a lot of other girl's media) so that's covered. But they've not tackled one of the girls successfully having romance without needing to change who they are, which is a something that I've not seen much of. 

I don't think they'll do it, or if they do I'm not sure they'll pull it off convincingly, to be honest. But it is a valid *concept*.

I don't really see it because most of the mane 6 haven't really demonstrated interest in the opposite or same sex? Only Twi and Rarity have shown hints of romantic attraction and even then it's rather inconsistent. Shy, Pinkie, AJ and Dash almost seem asexual with their absolute lack of romantic interest over the course of 8 seasons, 5 movies and 3 OVAs. It would have to be an extremely slow and subtle turn for them to appear naturally being interested in somepony. 

And speaking of those special someponies, look at the male cast. There's not a whole lot there in terms of matching a member of the mane 6 with somepony as developed as they are. Who really is there? Big Mac? Taken. Shiny? Taken. Sunburst? Arguably taken. Discord? Doesn't strike me as the romantic type. Spike? C'mon I thought we were past this.

So unless the writers can magic six stallions of equal or greater character development and depth before the show is set to conclude, I don't see it happening. 

Besides, every hollywood blockbuster, every teen drama, every sitcom, every soap opera and half of all cartoons already have a romantic subplot. Let's be grateful that MLP is one of the few shows that decided to buck that trend.