Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Princess Luna more popular than her sister?

Sparklefan1234

Who do you think is the more popular Princess?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the more popular Princess?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna

Do you think Princess Luna is more popular than Princess Celestia in the eyes of the ponies of Equestria?

I think that Princess Luna could be more popular than Princess Celestia due to the fact that ponies still sacrifice their candy to Nightmare Moon

even though it's been at least a couple of years since Princess Luna's return*. *My argument isn't very good. :mlp_please:

Ha! You figured it out didn’t you?

Actually I suspect the younger ponies would be more connected to her. In about twenty years Luna would be more popular than Tia. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Ha! You figured it out didn’t you?

Not on my own. :mlp_please:

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Actually I suspect the younger ponies would be more connected to her. In about twenty years Luna would be more popular than Tia. 

All of the bobbleheads are belong to Luna! :orly:

• Brohoof 2

I think eventually... she would be. She seems to be more personal than Celestia. And... i don't know what it is about most redeemed characters... but they try really hard to earn forgiveness compared to people that have never messed up... i think. Ehh... not a good argument.  

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do you think Princess Luna is more popular than Princess Celestia in the eyes of the ponies of Equestria?

Sadly, no, and that seems to be what drives her towards nightmare moon....

But at least the fillies of Ponyville appreciate her - the CMC not least :)

• Brohoof 1

At the time of "Luna Eclipsed", the Ponyville citizens weren't even aware of any connection between Luna and Nightmare Moon outside of looking similar.

To answer the question of the topic, I'd say ask the ponies of Equestria, but I doubt they would be able to come up with an answer.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think Celestia is more popular. Not only does Celestia actually rule over Equestria unlike Luna who seems to function more as therapist, she kept it safe from treaths for a thousands years whilst Luna were nearly reasonable for it's destruction not once, but twice. 

On 11/22/2018 at 4:23 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think that Princess Luna could be more popular than Princess Celestia due to the fact that ponies still sacrifice their candy to Nightmare Moon

Didn't that particular tradition start less out of respect and more out of fear? 

Edited by Sun Wukong
  • Brohoof 2

I should have read the thread more carefully before voting. I think Princess Celestia would still be seen more favorably by Equestrians than her sister. This is not simply because of the Nightmare Moon factor; Celestia seems to make more public appearances than Luna which may downplay her role in the perception of the citizens.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I should have read the thread more carefully before voting. I think Princess Celestia would still be seen more favorably by Equestrians than her sister. This is not simply because of the Nightmare Moon factor; Celestia, generally, makes more public appearances than Luna which may downplay her role in the perception of the citizens.

Same. I slipped up too. :P 

Logically, it would make more sense for Celestia to be more popular since she's more social and outgoing. However, Canterlot Boutique implied that Luna is a hit with the "goth ponies", so it could go either way. Maybe the case is that Celestia has a greater number of fans, but Luna's fanbase is much more devoted, who knows. 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Same. I slipped up too. :P 

Logically, it would make more sense for Celestia to be more popular since she's more social and outgoing. However, Canterlot Boutique implied that Luna is a hit with the "goth ponies", so it could go either way. Maybe the case is that Celestia has a greater number of fans, but Luna's fanbase is much more devoted, who knows. 

Possibly. I think this would be due to the differences in how both sisters engage with the citizens. While Celestia is seen more publicly, it is not entirely clear how much time she is able to use to knowing the citizens personally. We have seen Luna reaching out to Equestrians through their dreams, for instance, which would be far more intimate than any speech told to an audience of hundreds or thousands but also limits how many ponies one could interact with at all. So, again, Celestia would probably have more broad appeal, but Luna would have a smaller set of admirers (in terms of preferring her over Celestia) who may have had more of an intimate time with her; this still downplays Luna's general appeal though it seems to be fitting of her character to have this role rather than being the more prominent figurehead of Equestria.

Do think allowing re-voting in the poll would be good.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2