Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much lore from Hasbro's other IP was used in the creation of Celestia and Luna?

ManaMinori

There seem to be far too many relations to one of Hasbro's IP's from the 80's (Moon Dreamers) that seem to fit into explaining many things from MLP:FiM. For example- in the Moon Dreamers, episode "The Night Mare", focuses on a literal star horse named Andromeda that falls into an evil place called "Monstrous Middle" and turns into a "Night Mare". In FiM, we have a star horse (Luna) that get turned into a Nightmare. There are sentient Ursa Minor (and Major) in Moon Dreamers, and so too, in FiM. Additionally, in the origin story of Nightmare Moon, in the IDW comic FIENDship is Magic #4, it it explained that while NMM is imprisoned on the moon, she learns her dream abilities from creatures called Nyx, who were entrusted since the dawn of time to craft the dreams of ponies. Now, it's never explained who (or what) entrusted these Nyx to craft and monitor the dreams of ponies, but it sounds an awfully lot like it could've been the Moon Dreamers, who do the exact same thing (but for kids on earth). It's possible that ponies weren't in their means to monitor, so they delegated the Nyx to.  There's just too many things that seem to fall into place regarding both franchises.

The Elements Of Harmony are like the Matrix Of Leadership from Transformers

EDIT: oh Celestia and Luna, um, I don’t think much 

Edited by This Whomps

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2018 at 2:24 PM, This Whomps said:

The Elements Of Harmony are like the Matrix Of Leadership from Transformers

EDIT: oh Celestia and Luna, um, I don’t think much 

I suppose so, given what we know of who have had access to the eoh.