Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Peer Support

skysweep

5ae2f9577139e_GoGFCWordmarkHorizontalOneLineLogo.thumb.jpg.643a615c9aa86c9f4b02fa69a401b53a.jpg

Hi! This is the Peer Support section! If something troubles you, and you feel you need a hoof on the shoulder or a shoulder to cry on, we are here to support you!

What is this place?

This is where you can come if you need someone to chat to! As of right now, its just me, Sweepy patrolling this section weekly to offer a little bit of comfort as I can. If more people wish to come here and offer their support for their fellow brony, thats awesome!

If you like helping people, consider signing up as a peer support volunteer! We will definitely need people like that to offer some support for others. 

However, given how sensitive these matters can be, this particular thread is no-tolerance for any harassment. There is no grace period, no warnings. Bully anyone for their concerns and its an insta-report. 

If you wish to chat in PM basis as well, thats entirely possible as well!

We are all here for you; I set up the GoG in honor of the friends I lost over the years to mental health problems, and I have been beset by such problems myself. So if you need help, speak out about it. Its the strongest thing you can ever do; and if anyone says otherwise, point them out. I want to give them a slap for not taking it seriously. 

If you need serious help, there are people trained for this, and can offer a listening ear 24/7. Right now, we are working with these helplines and charities, but there are many in almost every country on earth. Do check, call in and share your concerns. They arent there to diagnose you, they are there to provide care and help. Listed below are some resources of the organizations we were recommended and contacted:

Singapore and ASEAN area:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS)

+65 1800-221 4444          

pat@sos.org.sg

Response time for Email Befriending is within 48 hours, excluding weekends and public holidays.

www.sos.org.sg

United States:

Lifeline
(
800-273-TALK/8255)

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/our-network/ 

Thanks for reading. Stay safe, be nice, and care for each other. 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

@skysweep Isn't this like the Life Advice forum?

Wait, is the GoG the Visual Fan Art forum combined with the Life Advice forum? I'm confused.

In some ways, yes, this part of the GoG Subforum is kinda like the Life Advice forum, where people can come to discuss matters and other things that concern them. However we are trying to do a different take on the matter; We are seeking out partnerships with mental health charities, having a formalized channel for people who wish to talk with a helpful group of ponies, and in future (hopefully) offer proper counsel and care for people. 

The GoG is different in the sense that it is art built around helping others; it started with the intention of having artists draw art for people in distress, and a community they could come to for support. And Bas is right; we are technically separate, but still work very closely with MLPF on many matters. 

I hope this answers your question and clarifies things. Ping me again if you need more explaination!