Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup Top 8 - The Moon vs Sweet Apple Acres

Jeric

The Moon vs Sweet Apple Acres  

42 users have voted

1. 1. Who moves on?

• Team Moon - Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia, Somnambula, Pony of Shadows
    • Team Sweet Apple Acres - Applejack, Zecora, Twilight Velvet, Cheese Sandwich, Cheerilee

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-11-24 at 03:00 PM

All hail princesses! :ticking:

42 minutes ago, Bas said:

He has no artistic talent, he lied before.

I didn't lie. :derp: I say that because I'm not sure if interface /  head up display / banner / logo / etc. design makes me a good artist - at least the type everyone thinks of when that title is mentioned. :muffins: That's why I imagine calling myself an artist would be misleading; I'm far away from being a good artist anyway. ^_^ If I'd draw the ponies myself though... now that would be art. :darling:
Nevertheless, thank you. :P  

• Brohoof 1
3 hours ago, Bas said:

That's still so much more than me and many others can (can't) do!

I'm in the sane boat. I just call myself a graphic designer. I can't even draw a bunny.

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Rest In Peace Sweet Apple Acres.

You fought hard and you fought brave. 

May your valor never be forgotten. 

When all of this is over, we will bring them back. Grogar will learn the hard way that we are not to be trifled with.

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 2
12 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

When all of this is over, we will bring them back. Grogar will learn the hard way that we are not to be trifled with.

What gall you have. Haven't you done enough? First you wipe a team of noble ponies from existence and now you make promises you have no guarantee of keeping to those who mourn. 

Leave this place. You've done your damage and got the victory you wanted. 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

What gall you have. Haven't you done enough? First you wipe a team of noble ponies from existence and now you make promises you have no guarantee of keeping to those who mourn. 

Leave this place. You've done your damage and got the victory you wanted. 

As long as we are forced to play by Grogar's rules, we will have no choice but to wipe teams of noble creatures from "existence." If you think you can outwit him, then by all means, try. We already attempted to. I thought I had found a way to save more creatures. Grogar caught us. We were warned, and the stability of this dreamscape's timeline was dangerously altered, risking all involved, for but a small sleight of hoof. 

In spite of such shortcomings, I have forged a most powerful team, one quite capable of taking him on, and will continue to do so. If that frightens you enough to order me to surrender, then something must scare you. You continue to berate me, try to break my spirit, and even threaten me. You repeatedly tell me that I, and by extension, my team, should be removed from this contest. Is it really due to trust? Or is it perhaps you KNOW the Moon now has the strongest mix of warriors, and that is playing on your mind? I might ask YOU the same question about your true loyalties lie...

And make no mistake, this realm is but shadows. Our friends and loved ones still live, in some form, and WILL be restored.

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 2
2 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

If that frightens you enough to order me to surrender, then something must scare you. You continue to berate me, try to break my spirit, and even threaten me. You repeatedly tell me that I, and by extension, my team, should be removed from this contest. Is it really due to trust?

It is due to trust, for you have done nothing to prove trustworthy. 

You do scare us. You scare us almost as bad as Tambleon does. Day by day. Victory after victory, you re becoming the greatest threat in this contest, and to the universe. If, and very big if you do make it to the final, who is really the lesser of two evils? A necromancer and is allies from tarturus trying to resurrect a dead empire, or a tyrannical coup staging despot, her prisoners of war and her split personalities comprised of pure darkness. Choices choices. 

If you make it to the end, then we're all done for. If Tambleon wins then you were weak and unworthy. If Moon wins then an even greater darkness takes the mantel. There is no victory for righteousness here. There is no hope. 

Don't pretend to be the heroes of this war Team Moon. We had high hopes for you. You showed so much promise. But then you traded the light of laughter for pure darkness, confirming our worst fears. For if you're willing to sacrifice one of your own, how does that bode for the rest of us? What sympathy could you possibly show your adversaries or those that have fallen? How can we trust you to do the right thing? 

You do frighten us Luna. In some ways, more than Grogar himself. 

It is meaningless. All shall end in our domain. Don't you know that even whispers roar like screams inside this realm of silence? All the plans are known unless you play by tenebrous rules of the great outside. Then again, that would make you one of us.

And note that Moon and stars were not placed up there by those of darkness. Do not sully us by placing those whose destinies are tied to them in the same basket. Our nights made ponies blind.

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

It is due to trust, for you have done nothing to prove trustworthy. 

You do scare us. You scare us almost as bad as Tambleon does. Day by day. Victory after victory, you re becoming the greatest threat in this contest, and to the universe. If, and very big if you do make it to the final, who is really the lesser of two evils? A necromancer and is allies from tarturus trying to resurrect a dead empire, or a tyrannical coup staging despot, her prisoners of war and her split personalities comprised of pure darkness. Choices choices.

Thou contradict thyself each time ye speaketh!

There is little point in arguing further, now that you have revealed yourself. Perhaps you should be more careful with your words, you never know who might be standing nearby with some kind of... recording... device...

We are not your allies and the hive still belongs to our liege and yours. After all, Princesses kneel to Queens. What remains is anarchy. A warlord and despot wears a false crown and leads a treasonous cult. *clip* Oh we'll be inditing former citizen Throax on counts of impersonating a noble and staging a mutiny.

The benevolent Regent, Thorax, who only seized control of the hive after your former "Queen" ordered an invasion and infiltration of Equestria, replacing prominent key members of its leadership and citizenry with Changeling substitutes: Stage One of a massive operation, no doubt. And you dare to speak to us about being a threat to the universe while you support an abomination who would consume all the love in it?! You speak to me of trust, when your allegiance is to one who casually wields the greatest form of deception for sinister reasons?

And again you accuse the fallen of being my prisoners or slaves. This delusion of them being held against their will, where does it come from? Even during my darkest moments, there has never been a time where I have enslaved any creature. And if you are to make such a judgement that the defeated survivors become slaves, then you would have to make the same assumption about every other team, not just my own. As for the beings of darkness, yes, I do have a degree of control over them. I have had control of Nightmare Moon instead of It controlling me, ever since I was liberated by the Elements. This should come as no surprise and it is nothing new. Were it not the case, I would still be Nightmare Moon. As for the Shadow, its magic is strange, but familiar enough that I can keep it on a leash. And there is nothing to fear. Once this crisis is averted, all will return to as it was, and It shall return to Limbo from whence it was sent.

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Don't pretend to be the heroes of this war Team Moon. We had high hopes for you. You showed so much promise. But then you traded the light of laughter for pure darkness, confirming our worst fears.

For if you're willing to sacrifice one of your own, how does that bode for the rest of us? What sympathy could you possibly show your adversaries or those that have fallen? How can we trust you to do the right thing?

Your final accusation, that I am massing a team of pure darkness... allow me to enlighten you about something. I have aligned with them because I am easily capable of working with them. But while you're busy fearing that which has not nor will transpire, your delusional perceptions of myself and my team have obscured your judgement. The moon and the stars are lights in the darkness. I am not truly the dark. I am a light in the dark. This is reflected both by the beautiful disc I place in the sky every night, and also the work I do in the dreamscape, which I am doing now to the best of my ability, though this dream is indeed not operating according to normal cosmic law. You should be less condescending based on what you think you know. This is afterall, still a dream, and as such, out of all creatures that have been dragged into it, I have more experience than any creature else. But additionally, if you ever bothered to look at the roster, you would see a near balance of dark and light. Things are not so one-sided as you would be foolish enough to believe. I have both the Princess of Light, and in lieu of Pinkie Pie, the Pillar of Hope is also at my side. Balance between light and dark is implied in the very banner that our proud nation flies under, and based on the cards that are being dealt, I am doing all I can to reflect that creed.

As I have told you, I have fought wars. Sacrifices are always made and often cannot be avoided. I have lost many over the centuries. If you want more clues about how Nightmare Moon happened, perhaps you should start there.

And as one who would advocate for a leader who creates unrest and tries to destroy companionship through vile plots such as the infamous "Mean 6" scam, you are least suited to question whether or not I can be trusted. You would be wise to abandon your blind fealty for Chrysalis. She is a relic clinging to an edifice of a decadent past. The feudal era has reached an end, brought about by its own deficiencies. The Age of Harmony is upon us.

Spoiler

P.S. I'm not sure what this is about, but for some reason my sister wants to know if you like bananas.

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 2
  • The topic was locked