Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you putting up Christmas decorations?

Dashy 4 Ever

1 hour ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Nah, I never do. I'm really not super interested in holidays...

Plus then you have to take the decorations down, and I'm lazy :P 

Need me to help you with taking those down? :muffins:

Well, no. We celebrate Yule, the Winter Solstice. So we do Yule altars, foods, colours, prayers, magic and rituals associated with that. I don't really celebrate "Christmas" unless I have friends that do (which I do), but I'm accepting of that difference and I'll go and exchange gifts, and have a dinner. I do however like that at least a few symbols of the original Pagan holiday came over into "Christmas" which is the Yule log (the name gives it away lol), the tree, and mistletoe. So, underneath the whole thing, a lot of Pagan stuff still survives, even if people aren't aware of it's origin. Even Santa himself was originally a Pagan figure. ^_^, so, no, I don't mind celebrating it with friends, but at our own home, me and my husband do straight-up Yule.

Edited by Earl Grey Ghost
Typo fix

Not sure about putting up my mini Christmas tree, looking for smaller tree but may put my last year tree up. Not sure my dad be happy maybe he not not bothered. I put them up at start of December. Reason i feel I not be putting up christmas tree cos it little hassle even it mini tree decorate with and taken it off when Christmas over. I do like Christmas tree.

Edited by Adam Burt

Aw, I haven't yet. I'm still not situated at home yet, so I'm kind of in a room that isn't going to be mine and is a bit of a mess, so I can't really decorate like I want to. =( But I got a brand new goldish tree to decorate with my music decorations, hopefully soon!

@Bas Being a Pagan and paganism isn't really an ethnicity, although some ethnic groups have their own belief system. Normally it's a term used for the older belief systems (Greek, Roman, Scandinavian, etc) or for belief systems outside of Christianity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

Decorations will go up between the middle of Dec (after my birthday) and Christmas Eve and come down on 12th night.

6 hours ago, Dawnchaser said:

@Bas Being a Pagan and paganism isn't really an ethnicity, although some ethnic groups have their own belief system. Normally it's a term used for the older belief systems (Greek, Roman, Scandinavian, etc) or for belief systems outside of Christianity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

Thank you Dawnchaser, you got to it before I did! ^___^

• Brohoof 1

I live in an apartment so I can't put up as many exterior decorations as I'd like. So I put up light strings inside my windows and decorate the interior with snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, tinsel garlands around the door frames, and of course the Christmas tree itself.

• 1 year later...

I do, both the living room and outside. We even put out Xmas musics to sync with the lights outside. :raritycutehat:
We don’t take our decorations lightly:nom:

Despite enjoying the holidays (mainly recieving presents, lol), I don't really have enough interest to help put up decorations / help decorate the Christmas tree.

Call me un-spirited if you will, I just don't find it that fun.

Yes! I put up my tree a couple weeks ago already and me and my family strung up our outdoor Christmas lights as well. :applehat: We also have 4 other Christmas trees scattered around the house! :oneheckofahat:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I loooooove decorating for Christmas! ^.^ I can't wait! But right now I'm pretty happy with fall decorations, as I got some more this year.

I thought about putting up some lights on the evergreen trees in the front yard but the nearest outlet is about 400ft away.

Otherwise, I probably won't decorate much. Maybe a Christmas themed candle or something