Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier VI - BC Children's Hospital

Jeric

sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-

Introducing Making Christmas Merrier VI

This topic will contain information found in every other topic for a single place to go to for MCM history, the charity, goals, prizes, donor links, and FAQ. If you are looking for a specific topic check on these links below. 

<Link Navigation Coming Soon>

poniverse_logo.pngICE.png

MCM Background and Charity

Each year around the holiday season, the entire Poniverse community rallies around one of our marquee events dedicated to providing a better Christmas to various charities. This year we return to our roots and will be supporting The British Columbia Children's Hospital again. This is one of our favorite organizations to support and one we have a strong relationship with. 

The young patients at BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver Canada. The money raised will go toward their Christmas fund and an effort to ensure that each child will have a better holiday. For a family dealing with some of the medical conditions common in a pediatric hospital setting, a showing of generosity from a stranger can and does make a profound difference. It inspires hope and love. Hope that there is more than just struggling and concern about tomorrow. That is at the heart of this campaign. We aim to show, all of us together, that there are individuals out there that care.

For a great idea of what we can do as a community, check out the past MCM events.

2011 - The initial event. This started based on a simple status update from a member. Look where it took us. <3
2012 - We made $1810.00 and introduced some traditions that carry through to this very event.
2014 - Surpassed our goal of $3000.00! Also much much embarrassment was inflicted on the staff.

2015 - We surpassed $4000.00, and added the Ban a staffer element which has become a tradition. 
2016 - This is the year that we spread our wings and supported Charity: Water and raised over $4200. This is also a very personal year for me, as I will discuss at a later time. 

We missed doing this last year, so I am hoping that we can nail it this year. The goal is more modest at $2000, but we can extend that the generosity of the Poniverse Brony Community exceeds our goal. 

About the Charity - BC Children's Hospital. 

These are the people your donation is helping to support. If you can spare seven minutes I would definitely give it a watch.

Donations

Just like our 2015 fundraiser we are continuing to use BCCH's direct site to donate to collect donations to go along with the MLPF's own system. Hosted directly on the event page of BC Children's Hospital, you can make your contribution via credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard and American Express only).

BC Children's Hospital Donations Page

IMPORTANT! To ensure that your donation can be credited to you individually for specific perks (hint hint), please disclose your member name in the field dedicated to announcing a pseudonym. Alternatively you can PM me to validate :)

Example of where to enter your member name when making a donation:

FAQ

Q: What if I can't pay via credit or debit card, or my card isn't accepted by the hospital?

A: Use our PayPal donation page: PayPal Donations link is found on our index (home) page

Q: What if my card is declined or otherwise runs into problems?

A: Call your bank and ask them to allow the charge. If that doesn't work, use our PayPal donation page: PayPal Donations

Q: I cannot or don't want to donate in Canadian Dollars. What do?

A: Use our PayPal donation page PayPal Donations - it has an option to donate in US Dollars

Q: What is the goal of this event?

A: Making Christmas Merrier is about collecting donations to support the purchase of Christmas presents for the patients at BC Children's Hospital. We hope that a meaningful gift from Poniverse to BC Children's Hospital will make the holidays better for them and their patients. Besides, it's also a perfect chance to show the world how kind and caring bronies can be!

Q: How much money are you looking to raise?

A: As much of it as we can!

There is no upper limit to the amount of money BC Children's Hospital will accept - like any other non-profit organization, they'll find a use for every last cent of it.

However, if you are looking for a number to attach to the event, with $2000 is the goal we are striving to hit this year, If we reach that, we have plans for later stretch goals. 

Q: I donated, what else can I do?

You can still help us out by promoting it everywhere you can! Link to this thread in your signature on other forums, tweet about it, tell your Facebook friends, shout out in your personal blog - every little bit will help! If you see a message from @Poniverse or MLPForums ... please retweet. :D

Q: Can I donate the old teddy bear I had as a child?

A: No.

We are not accepting physical item donations this year.

Q: Will MLP Forums/Poniverse keep any of the money I donate?

A: No.
All of the money this fundraiser collects will go to BC Children's Hospital. This fundraiser is separate from the contributions we accept for Poniverse's upkeep. 

Please note: if you're donating via PayPal, PayPal will deduct a small processing fee, which will be reflected on our public donation page. USD donations will be converted to CAD at our bank's exchange rate when we deliver PayPal donations to the hospital.

Stretch Goals

While we would likely all agree that helping to bring a smile to an ailing child requires no reward or recognition, the MCM is also about celebrating the virtues of our community and saying thank you to all of those that participate. Bringing joy to others, celebrating the spirit of the season, and having fun in the process is an enduring element to this tradition. Last year we introduced stretch goals for certain fundraising objectives. Some were thank you's to the community, and others were designed to embarrass staff and give everyone but a victim a hearty laugh. I am pleased to announce that we have brought this back for this years fundraiser.

Below are the goals, hidden and ready to be opened as we reach each level. As we reach each goal, it may trigger other threads or events. As we will be using two platforms to raise money this year, the sum of both will count toward these goals. Have fun guessing what is in each present or ornament ... the hints are there if you look closely enough.

post-25990-0-40995000-1416327349.jpg

Stretch Scootaloo! You can do it!

$50 Goal - Generosity Rank

vVYM0kK.png

$100 Goal - Hearth's Warming Helper

post-36804-0-57738500-1479996428_thumb.png

$250 Goal - Name Change Staffers and .... Staff Solo Song

250.png

$500 Goal - Staff Group Song + Solo Song 2

post-36804-0-75950700-1479996430_thumb.png

$750 Goal - Pie Challenge - Solo Song 4

post-36804-0-99863500-1479996438_thumb.png

$1000 Goal - New Reaction/Emote - Solo Song 5

post-36804-0-31245600-1479996431_thumb.png

$1250 Goal - BAN A STAFFER!

$1500 Goal - Duet Song

post-36804-0-13985500-1479996429_thumb.png

$1750 Goal - ???

post-36804-0-43652600-1479996441_thumb.png

$2000 Goal - ???

post-36804-0-49093000-1479996439_thumb.png

$2250 Bonus Goal - Sigh :/

$2500 Bonus Goal - !!!! 

• Brohoof 12

Yesssssss, here we go. I am pumped after last year not happening. This will be so great.

Doctor Mesme is on the case. Fighting that dreadful Cancer

1536997__safe_artist-colon-crecious_oc_o

• Brohoof 7

Just now, PiratePony said:

Ho ho ho - let's all come together and spread some cheer for these kids! 

full.jpeg

Sorry @Jeric, I posted the first Rarity

You definitely earned it my friend! 

• Brohoof 4

Just now, PiratePony said:

Ho ho ho - let's all come together and spread some cheer for these kids! 

full.jpeg

Sorry @Jeric, I posted the first Rarity

Glad that you join us for the festivities Pirate. :D

• Brohoof 5

Well, that was quick. We have unlocked the $100 award. That one is special and bit complicated so be on the lookout for that thread. 

Here is a hint of the $100 Stretch Goal 

• Brohoof 5

Glad to see that already we have reached the first two initiatives. This is going to go a long way towards helping those who truly need it.

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Say, when is the Pudding going to be served?

Amusingly enough, that is tangentially connected to the $100 goal. :P

• Brohoof 4

Well, I'd just donated $20 to the donation goal. May we get ever quicker to our goal.

@Jeric

Oddly, this screen didn't appear to me at all. I hope I can get proper credit for my donation.
sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4219497.sig-4219497.DhJ9JGz.png.5abfb620a3f7d9d835ed602519734582.png

For the record, @Jeric, I used this link, when I went to make my donation.

https://mlpforums.com/clients/donations/11-making-christmas-merrier-vi/

I just didn't get the screen above at any point, despite getting a confirmation email right after my donation.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Ha! 

So I am working on the $100 stretch goal post we just past $250 ... keep me busy folks. I don't mind. 

Lane-Change-1.jpg

Ok get ready!!:sneer:

Its sent:-D I think....lol

• Brohoof 5

42 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Well, looks like we are close to the $500 mark. Only $120 away as of currently!

Yay! We made it to over $500 now! :D 

• Brohoof 4